Has Anyone Heard From J & R?

AVAC

Just wondered if anyone has received their stuff from J & R. My paypal payment cleared on June 14 and I haven't heard anything from them. Just wondered if anyone else had the same problem.

Also do you know how they send their stuff? (UPS, USPS, Fed Ex, etc....)

Last time I got something from UPS they hid it behind a bush in the front of my house. My cobra infantry set probably sat their for a couple of days until I realized it was there and that was a pretty decent sized box!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodger's girlfriend was hurt in a car accident and he has been spending most of the time with her. He said that things should be wrapped up soon.

Sure...They are probably in Cabo...drinking Margaritas, because they scammed us....You have to figure most of us drop $50-$100 times how many customers just say 500 to 1000....$25,000 -$100000 not bad....

Im playing but, it did cross my mind..

@loll@

I have dealt with them several times they are slow since it's basically one guy but they will get you your stuff. Once you get it you will apreciate the time they put into making sure that everything is good quality. Just be patient.

I have dealt with them several times they are slow since it's basically one guy but they will get you your stuff. Once you get it you will apreciate the time they put into making sure that everything is good quality. Just be patient.

Patient! Where going on 2 months now! There should be a disclaimer on their website...."you'll get it this year"... or... "sometime in are lifetime" or "I hope your still alive to enjoy it"...

I really don't like purchasing something a waiting, over a month to get it. ANd how can someone open/have a business to sell, without having the product? Or we'll eventually have it....Oh well! I have no other choice.

Patient! Where going on 2 months now! There should be a disclaimer on their website...."you'll get it this year"... or... "sometime in are lifetime" or "I hope your still alive to enjoy it"...

I really don't like purchasing something a waiting, over a month to get it. ANd how can someone open/have a business to sell, without having the product? Or we'll eventually have it....Oh well! I have no other choice.

Do YOU run your own buisness? Probably not as easy as you think, what with probably having a real job and other real life responsibilities.

If you think you can do it better then by all means start one up yourself. We could use more repro sites.

Do YOU run your own buisness? Probably not as easy as you think, what with probably having a real job and other real life responsibilities.

If you think you can do it better then by all means start one up yourself. We could use more repro sites.

Dude...I not saying it easy. But if you are going to sell something have it in stock, or within a resonable time frame.. Not 2 or more months later.

Yes I own my own business, and Im an architect, I can't charge someone $15,000 for a set of drawings of thier house and deliver them when I feel like it...there are rules for this....I have to give them updates, a resonable timeframe....However if the house/building was big enough it will take a little bit more, but I tell them that....I won't keep them in suspense, with their thumb up thier arse.

J&R should take the order down and charges half now, half when completed...or take the order down and charge us when complete....There has to be a way. Or simply don't take anymore orders when they know that can't handle them...Hire a staff...Whatever it takes...Because whats going to happen is that their are going to lose potential or previous customers....Cause' I know that I will not buy from them again, it would have been easier to got to EBAY and buy a lot of whatever..

There not creating masterpieces!! It s a Toy...simple as that.

Harsh words dude. this guy is doing what he can to help the Joe community by reproducing hard to find parts. Sure, your stuff has taken two months. That's got to be frustrating, but from what Forcehunter said, he's got reasons for being a bit behind. being a business man yourself, you should be able to understand that your loved ones come before your customers. Now, if he didn't have the current crisis with his girlfriend, i'm sure it wouldn't have exceeded the 7 weeks in his disclaimer. Even if he doesn't have the stuff in stock, he's the one making it, so it's not like he can't produce it. give the guy a break. if you choose not to do business with him again, i'm sure he will continue to do fine. I for one, will give him my business when i return home. i might even hit him up while i'm out here. all i'm saying is give the guy a chance. if you don't like the product, or the time it took to get to you, then you have the choice to not use him again.

#US1#

On a side note, this is a hobby for him. Bussiness mixed in with pleasure. He actually has ton re-make alot of those molds and that by itself is a very time consuming task. I knew this before I placed my order and expect excelent work from him.

Harsh words dude. this guy is doing what he can to help the Joe community by reproducing hard to find parts. Sure, your stuff has taken two months. That's got to be frustrating, but from what Forcehunter said, he's got reasons for being a bit behind. being a business man yourself, you should be able to understand that your loved ones come before your customers. Now, if he didn't have the current crisis with his girlfriend, i'm sure it wouldn't have exceeded the 7 weeks in his disclaimer. Even if he doesn't have the stuff in stock, he's the one making it, so it's not like he can't produce it. give the guy a break. if you choose not to do business with him again, i'm sure he will continue to do fine. I for one, will give him my business when i return home. i might even hit him up while i'm out here. all i'm saying is give the guy a chance. if you don't like the product, or the time it took to get to you, then you have the choice to not use him again.

#US1#

Oh Im not trying to be insensitive here, but my only problem is if you sell something and show a picture of something have it in stock.....Not take orders and make people wait....

Would you guys buy a car today and wait 2 or more months to drive it off the lot? NO...unless it a ferrari...

He makes everything to order,, there is no stock. You place your order, and he makes what you ordered. There are too many variations, with the colors and material and the hundreds of tiny pieces, to make a bunch up for stock. I don't know what made you think he had all of this in stock. J&R has a lot of loyal customers (I'm patiently waiting for my 2nd $100 order) who understood about the wait and the make-to-order nature of the shop going-in. Pay closer attention next time, please.

He makes everything to order,, there is no stock. You place your order, and he makes what you ordered. There are too many variations, with the colors and material and the hundreds of tiny pieces, to make a bunch up for stock. I don't know what made you think he had all of this in stock. J&R has a lot of loyal customers (I'm patiently waiting for my 2nd $100 order) who understood about the wait and the make-to-order nature of the shop going-in. Pay closer attention next time, please.

Listen...man...Im f-ing sick off this crap...Now one can ever complain about anyone here, especially when the masses love them so GD much...

All Im complaining about is his timeline, indication and lack of updates....

Dude on his website there is not a clear indication of a timeline, he makes it seem that they are in stock....Furthermore he is running a business, and no matter what you think "we" as the customers are right! And you can continue on being a loyal customer, because Im not buying from him again (like any of you give a _hit!)

And "YOU" better pay closer attention what IM saying..

Here's what the site says when you add someting to your cart:

Your shopping cart selections will be saved for 15 days. Keep in mind though, when ordering items that have a limited quantity available, your order will be checked against what is in stock at the time the order is finialized. If an item is out of stock at this time, the item will be removed from your order. You will be given the option to continue with the order or not. All items with limited quantities are on a first come, first served basis.
So, you obviously went ahead with your out of stock orders even after seeing this. I can't see how he could make it any clearer, really.

well dude, it all boils down to you're going to either buy from them again or not. you had a gripe, you made it known. i got no objection to people griping about anything. i try to be cool with everyone, so i'm not trying to get on to you for complaining. you have a legit complaint about the time frame of the work. you also have the right to choose not to shop there anymore. i don't think this needs to get hostile. and you're right, we probably don't care if you shop there anymore, but at least you gave us your honest opinion, and that's all that we can ask for. we'll continue to make our own decisions, and you will make yours. and then, everyone will be happy again. ahhhh.

Can anyone vouch for the quality of his stuff from personal experience? I really would like to purchase A lot stuff from there, but not if it takes 2 months.

I've ordered on several occasions and what he does is top notch. I ordered, among other things, the v1 Bat pack when it first came out (backpack, all attachments, chestplate) and was very very impressed. Yes it does take a while, but every order I've placed has come in. And since my collection aint gonna go anywhere, I don't mind the wait.

For those who are complaining about the long wait there are a couple of factors involved here. First, this is essentially a one man operation and it is not his primary business. Second, there was a family emergency in which his girlfriend was in a very serious accident. This was posted on J&R's forum on their website. Third, do you realize how much time goes into making a mold? I have a little experience in this area and it is a painstaking process to first make the mold and then to actually get decent casts from it. For the volume he makes, there would be multiple molds and probably tons of wasted casts - all that takes time. A quality mold would take at least 24 hours to cure before it can be used, a cast could take just a few minutes but it might have a bubble or something else and not be useful. Then the mold must be cleaned and prepped all over again - more time used up.

I have ordered from J&R a number of times, each time they delivered a high quality product that is worth the wait. I have also ordered from other casters, the wait time is about the same no matter who the seller is. Nature of the business as it were.

As for the analogy of waiting two months to buy a car. Think of it like this - the car you want is not on the lot, you have to order it from the factory. A car on the lot would be something you could buy in any store. The car you want is a "custom" and therefore is not stocked by any store and must be made to your specifications after you visit the dealer.

AVAC was asking about people's experiences with J&R and any info on the delay in his order. Some people had good experiences and some had bad. Sounds like he got what he was looking for. No need to start flaming.

AVAC was asking about people's experiences with J&R and any info on the delay in his order. Some people had good experiences and some had bad. Sounds like he got what he was looking for. No need to start flaming.

That is true but he was also asking if people have heard from J & R and the response has been "no" because of this terrible unfortunate accident. I hope everything is fine for his girl friend and IMO some people take collecting too serious when it comes to gi joe etc. I could see if this was constantly happening to J & R customers but this is a serious accident and people should have more patience.

People,People, People!!! Im NOT trying to be insensitive here, Im NOT trying to degrate they quality of his work, Im NOT saying that he cannot grieve or feel sorrow about the tragety that has happend in his life......

Im truly hope that his girlfriend is alright...But again the masses are making me seem like the bad guy just because someone make a comment regarding their "heroes"...

However, I am suggesting that if he is going to run a business, that he makes sure that his customers are well assured and well imformed in the process, time and his commitment for his work....Is that so difficult?

No its not....GI JOE HQ does it, Smalljoes does it, other online stores, heck even some people on EBAY do it....they keep us informed on the status of our orders....If there is a delay, you may get "hey sorry the shipment hasn't come in", "where experincing a delay from the manufactor"....something is said...But I don't like complete silence....

And apprently some of you know this man....well guess what I don't...So he is not my friend, he's not my relative, he's not my neighbor....he is man I paid to do me a service....again very simple..

Didn't mean this post to turn into such a debate but I have to agree that if someone isn't going to make their deadline for sending out products a mass email would have been nice (and rather simple) so I didn't have to find out on the boards.