The Batman Figure

JayC

Just picked up the new The Batman zipline Batman and Joker figure today.

I have to say that the actual Batman figure is very cool. Better than the JL or previous TAS figures. The cape looks really good and is long and the sculpt is very nice. However as most of you no Mattel for some reason felt the need to have the zipline gimick actually molded onto the figure instead of making it removeable, which really screws the figure up. Its like let me get into the Batmobile, oh wait this really big giant baterang attached to my wrist is caught on something.

I mean you can cut the rope off so at least it doesnt have the big baterang, just a big grey peice of platic around his wrist, but come on how hard would it have been to make this something that just clips on and off, not molded.

I can just see some exec at Mattel going you know what. We can make this figure that everyone will want and buy (most people probably wont even realize its molded on till they get home and open it) then later down the road we can re-release the exact same figure without the zipline so everyone will buy the exact same figure again. It wont cost us a thing to have the figure made without them. Money in the bank.

I agree, the figure is cool but the molded thing kinda holds it back.

i feel the same way, it pretty much ruined the figure almost as bad as the arm not having elbow articulation like the left one. the bruce wayne and joker are pretty cool though. i hope they make another grey batman version with out that blasted molded zip line

Guest Mr.Wayne

Series 2 will have another gray-black bats without zipline,comes with blue armor chestpiece but I hear its removable.

I can just see some exec at Mattel going you know what. We can make this figure that everyone will want and buy (most people probably wont even realize its molded on till they get home and open it) then later down the road we can re-release the exact same figure without the zipline so everyone will buy the exact same figure again. It wont cost us a thing to have the figure made without them. Money in the bank.

Exactly, that's why I'll wait on this one. But I do wanna pick up one of those Joker figs, he looks so...so....EVIL. Is it the same in person, or is it a little more cartoonish in real live 3-D??

*Edit* That Batmobile is awesome,it's exactly how I imagined a modern Batmobile should look.

Wait, you're telling me that the Batman figure I've been longing for...has an unremovable...zipline...piece of crap...molded *sigh*...to his arm? Great.@bH@

There better not be anything wrong with that Batmobile. I've been hailing it as the best Batmobile since the Super Powers one. Of course that wasn't without it's controversy.

I still might get it and just put all new arms on him.

-It would be cool if they had another to with the same type of arm that he has but I never seen one.

-When I get if I will show you guys what I have done

-Theres nothing like working on a Batman figure

I bet that's exactly what happened. I was pissed when I realized the thing didn't come off his arm, but I still like the figure.

yep and that sucker would be named Chazz! @lol@ i just knew that the zip line piece was removable...imagine my surprise when i opened the package @rolleye@ of course i will buy the other batman that way i'll have a cool one to go with that kickazz batmobile....."money in their bank " @rolleye@

BTW, that batmobile is probably the best one since the super powers mobile IMO.

BTW, that batmobile is probably the best one since the super powers mobile IMO.

Thank you, someone finally agrees with me...just remember who said it first. ;)