Sota's Now Playing Line

Darth Pardus

COOL! SOTA has announced a new line of toys based on feature flicks. The first set includes Darkman, Toxic Avenger, and a demon from American Werewolf in London. The second line will be Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Mummy Returns, and....dum,dum,DUM....Jeepers Creepers 2. @firedevil@

• 1 month later...

Sounds like a decent line. I'm definitely getting the entire first series. It'll bring back memories of my old Toxie cartoon toys. SOTA seems to be aiming for both obscure and contemporary characters with this, which is cool to see. I love Freddy and Jason, but I've already got plenty of figures of them. I'd love to see Cropsy from The Burning, Angela from Sleepaway Camp, and some Return of the Living Dead, Lost Boys, and Dawn of the Dead (original or new; I'm not picky) figures in this line. Ooh, and Ginger from Ginger Snaps, and the killer from My Bloody Valentine. It'd be nice to see the characters that McFarlane seems to be ignoring. They haven't even made a Tall Man figure yet.

• 5 weeks later...

Woah, that is a good idea. Never thought of a Wotw fig before.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sota i would love to see some toys based on the movie lost boys and on the original living dead trilogy (night, dawn, and day)....i think this would do well with the resurgence of popularity in zombies plus i know a bunch of people that want the dawn of the dead figures but cant afford them and even if they could they would rather have accurate looking ones...any info in you guys being interested in making some zombies or maybe some figures of lostboys or maybe near dark??? thanks and keep up the good work

I would also LOVE some Lost Boys figures. Unfortunately we couldnt come to an agreement with the studio that owns the film. Maybe NECA or McFarlane can.

Im also a fan of Romero zombies and theres a pretty good chance I'll get to make some one day. Thats all i can say about that.

Is series 1 out yet?

Yup!! Spotted all three im Jim Hanely's Universe over in New York City. I was kinda hoping they would be "very" articulated so I might pass on this line. Though "Toxie" kinda grew on me so I might pick him up.

On a positive note, This Line really shows SOTA's skill in sculpting. The Level of detail on these babies are really off the hook!!! If Your a "statue" collector, I would reccomend these. But If your Articulation nut, spoiled by MArvel Legends and SOTA's Street Fighter Line (Like I am) You'll be mildly disappointed.

'Nuff said!! Let the hunt begin!!

Nada (Roddy Piper) from "They Live"!

"I have come here to kick a$$ and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum." C'mon that'd be the coolest figure ever.

Or some Big Trouble in Little China figs. What about Deebo? lol

"Now Playing" figures that I would like to see:

Mani - Brotherhood of the Wolf

Buckaroo Banzai, Dr. Lizardo (or any of the others) - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension

One - The City of Lost Children

Smoochy, Rainbow Randolph - Death to Smoochy

Sgt. Kabukiman - Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

Carl Kolchak - The Night Stalker/The Night Strangler

Westley (or again, any of the others...I'd kill for Fezzik) - The Princess Bride

The Rocketeer - (do I have to tell you which movie this is?)

"Santa" Dropo - Santa Claus Conquers the Martians

Shaun, Ed - Shaun of the Dead

George Newman - UHF

Vulgar the Clown - Vulgar

Willow, Madmartigan - Willow

And for a scene re-creation like the MacReady/"dog thing": The scene from "The Abyss" where they first meet the aliens.