Got Myelf A Nice Haul Stateside!

duh_prez

I didn't want to pu t this in the latest haul thread cos it's more of a story.

Basically, this Brit now knows what u Americans go thru to get ur tfs + I applaud u! + after two weeks scouring florida, I think I did well!

My journey took me to 4 walmarts, a k-b-toys and a toys r us, - didnt even start on the targets! (and yes they were all in different directions lol)

So my missions was to get the 5 G1 reissues I don't have and if at all possible, some alts and 20th Prime... here's how I did.

Within 48hours of arrival I was the proud owner of alts Sideswipe + Smokescreen, who I must say are incredibly cool thanks to walmart on the US192. - my only complaint being that - and I'm sure everybody has noticed - if u follow the hasbro instructions to a T, smokey dont stand up and Swipe doesnt actually transform. tut tut. But great toys - these would be the only alts I would see on my journey, but they were everywhere!

Within a few days I was at TRU at the florida mall to try and find the rest of my list - I did well, finding 4 of the 5 reissues I needed! Only Rodimus Prime evaded me :(

My hunt pretty much dried up after then - not that i was complaining! But it took me a week to make my next find - Universe walmart exclusice ruination on clearance at sandlake Walmart - he's my bruticus now!!!

That store is near TRU so called in again on way back to find the one that had evaded me, a certain Rodimus Prime!

And with that ended my search - cases packed and booked into the airport it was time to head home... almost. After checking in early, we visited a walmart round the corner from Sandford airport on the US1792, purely thru boredom + cos we'd never been... and there was 20th Prime!!!! CAN U BELIEVE IT, AFTER CHECKING OUR LUGGAGE ON!!! lol they still had one left after our visit ;)

The moral of the story - 20th Prime makes up the most unusual, yet ACCEPTABLE handluggage ever! So never let them take him away from u!!! lol

Prez #US1#

jazz lol

We have had Prime, Magnus, Hot Rod, Starcscream + Powermaster Prime, Now we have jazz.... they can't get rid of them, even after offering "buy powermaster prime, get jazz free".

Seriously, we're up to jazz and have been for a year. I don't think we have any more. :(

Thanx for the offer SS49 but I think I meantioned somewhere above that I found him the next week - but ur offer is appreciated *thumbs up* :)

and GaZ yup I was there for 2 weeks - but I kinda ghost around th forum anyways - It'd be more noticable if I was say SS49 or another big poster - somehow I've been here almost a year + only have 290 posts lol :)

oh did i not name them - sorry;

Rodimus Prime(eventually)

Grapple

Hoist

Smokescreen

Dirge

They also had some reissues I got last year;

Red Alert

Prowl

Thundercracker

and Inferno but I have the original still.

I missed out the funny part of my story too :( The weirdest thing I found... I went to a Disney Store and found the TRU "exclusive" thundercracker, with a disney price tag for $19.99. As well as some BTR armada megs + cyclonus 2 packs. Strange amongst the mickey mouse collection!

ooh and if ppl still cant find him, florida is overrun with walmart white megatron (umm the superlink? not sure) but he's not my cup of tea:)

oh did i not name them - sorry;

Rodimus Prime(eventually)

Grapple

Hoist

Smokescreen

Dirge

They also had some reissues I got last year;

Red Alert

Prowl

Thundercracker

and Inferno but I have the original still.

I missed out the funny part of my story too :( The weirdest thing I found... I went to a Disney Store and found the TRU "exclusive" thundercracker, with a disney price tag for $19.99. As well as some BTR armada megs + cyclonus 2 packs. Strange amongst the mickey mouse collection!

ooh and if ppl still cant find him, florida is overrun with walmart white megatron (umm the superlink? not sure) but he's not my cup of tea:)

Ahh ok, I missed that part. Wel l if you ever need anything LMK.

Glad you found everything you wanted.

Sounds like my story last year when went to the states, new york in fact. Managed to get everything I wanted (Armada Unicron, Overload, Wheeljack etc) after hunting around loads of palces, going back to the same shops etc.

I'd gladly do that here if the shops here had anything worth getting.

Only thing I didn't get on my trip was an Overload for GaZ. I could only find one and I wanted him! :(;)

Glad you found everything you wanted.

Sounds like my story last year when went to the states, new york in fact. Managed to get everything I wanted (Armada Unicron, Overload, Wheeljack etc) after hunting around loads of palces, going back to the same shops etc.

I'd gladly do that here if the shops here had anything worth getting.

Only thing I didn't get on my trip was an Overload for GaZ. I could only find one and I wanted him! :(;)

I found myself 2 soon after that ;) For £10.66 each, coz I got them on 3 for 2 at Woolies, and then with my 20% staff discount, bargain! I've just sold one of them for £25, hehe @bounce@

You still got me a Wheeljack tho so I forgive you :) Even tho I've sold it to TonyWatt now @lol@