Check Out All These New Repaints

Jeff

I like the IG and Polka Party Grunt.

Well, not really, but I do like the IG. The VvV Scarlett isn't bad either. And I definitely like this Swamp Rat rather the the version we already have.

I think some of these are the ones coming out in the next wave of single packs. If they actually make it to the stores.

I'll map these out best to my knowledge.

Baroness, IG, Dusty and Skullbuster are likely figures that will be coming in the Battle In A Box sets. I'd suggest the Operation Strifefire set since it is the only one we know of that hasn't been seen yet. Heavy Duty may also be in this bunch too but I don't know. The black and red Storm Shadow figure is a BITB figure. It is coming in the Operation Avalanche set.

Duke, Mindbender and Shipwreck are prototypes. Early mock-ups and likely test paint jobs that were discarded.

Swamp Rat, VvV Scarlett and Beach Head are 3 of the 10 single pack figures due out in October.

Flint and Grunt were to be in the next wave of Mission Discs before they got canned earlier this year.

Firefly was to be in JVC wave 4 along with a repainted Nunchuk but for some reason that pack was cancelled.

JVC Scarlett and Steel Brigade are absolute unknowns(at least to me). We've seen this SB figure before and supposedly SteelBrigade.com knows what it is and they're not talking. All they've said was that it's not a future mail-order figure.

That Skullbuster appears to be in his original prototype release colors from 2002. If you look around, you can find some pics of it MOC as a test mock up. As such, I doubt he's an upcoming figure.

A few of these figs have been around for quite some time and I suspect that many of them are "Midnight Chinese" rather than truely upcoming items.

I really like the IG, VvV Scarlett, and Steel Brigade. I could care less about the others, though, and to be honest, I'm glad that some of them got canned.

The Dr. Mindbender looks to be a python patrol paint app. I could be wrong but maybe that is what HASBRO was thinking at the time? As for beachhead I like it- a darker green- NICE!

Too bad about SS in BITB with T- Crotch!!!! and I hope that we do not see anymore sound attack!

Although I wish that Storm Shadow was O-Ring, I still like the repaint. I have three of the previous version (JvC Wave Three) and use them as Ninja Vipers. I'll probably make this one their leader, as I don't use any of them for Storm Shadow. I like that Baroness repaint we have seen several times on Ebay since the Wave 3 one came out in 2002. If they did it as a single pack figure it would be nice, although using the VvV head would be a better idea. I always wished that that Firefly repaint would have been released in JvC Wave Three...but with all the Fireflys lately not so much. I like the Beachhead repaint. I finally decided to get the VvV Wave 2 version last week and was completely surprised at how nice of figure it is. The single pack Scarlett looks great and will be my main Scarlett if I can actually find it when they are released.

Most of those are fakes imo too. But I can't wait to get that Scarlett in the single pack. I'd love to get that blue IG too but not sure we will.

Draven

I can't wait for Scarlett in the 3 pack (comic) :)

I hope that the Blue IG, and Skull Buster do become availible again. How long did that wave last BTW? The one with HD vs. Skull Buster, and Dusty vs. Shock Viper. I never saw them in stores. Pity. I wanted Shock Vipers so badly.