Just An Idea On G1 Reissues

DPrime

You'll have to forgive me, I'm not a HUGE TF fan. Even when I was a kid, I missed out on most of the G1 toys, though I always wanted them. I was mostly into GI Joe, but these reissues are great. So far, I have pretty much all of them (except Powermaster Prime, which I have no intention of getting - I had grown out of the TFs by the time he came out originally).

So anyway, I'm slowly rediscovering them. I was poking around the internet earlier today, and stumbled across the Omnibots... These always looked really cool, and I totally forgot about them. What do you think the chances are these will get reissued?

Maybe in time but I highly dout it... Lets face it even as mail orderins they were not very popular :S

Allso open you're mind to that which is different & new! You may be pleasently surprised & actaully enjoy other stuff as well. I highly recamend PM prime :)

I won a two near mint Omnibots on eBay several months ago, but they felt like bad KO's, flimsy and cheap feeling plastic, that I sold them. On the other hand, a reissue would be fine for me because it's one less I would feel compelled to buy.

So anyway, I'm slowly rediscovering them. I was poking around the internet earlier today, and stumbled across the Omnibots... These always looked really cool, and I totally forgot about them. What do you think the chances are these will get reissued?

I don't think their chances are very good because they are not that wanted by the fans. Whereas you put soundwave and an omnibot next to each other, the answer is clear. Popularity wins mostly on these.

Omnibots is a team of three autobots that were available through mail-ins only (remember those robotpoints on the boxes? That's what they were there for!).

The characters are not in the cartoon.

Here's all of them:

Camshaft

Downshift

Overdrive

They all had a second official 'alt mode' that usually meant you pulled out the arms and stick the guns in the fists while the rest remained in car-mode :) A bit like Track's official second alt-mode.

Cheers,

HN.

Well, we got Stepper or Ricochet or whatever the hell his name is and I doubt he was high on the popularity list.

He is. Original Steppers sold for as much as $1000+ before the reissue was announced, easily making him to be the most expensive Autobot car. That wouldn't have happened unless there was a demand for it.

Well, we got Stepper or Ricochet or whatever the hell his name is and I doubt he was high on the popularity list.

He is. Original Steppers sold for as much as $1000+ before the reissue was announced, easily making him to be the most expensive Autobot car. That wouldn't have happened unless there was a demand for it.

Stepper sells at that price because he is highly desired by extreme collectors. The reissue isn't going to be aimed at those people, because they will STILL splash out on a MISB original if that's what they want.

The reissues are aimed at the mass market, most of whome think it's cool that he's being reissued. So everybody wins. Including me, coz I get to save £25 by not getting him :D

I'm sure I'm stating the obvious here, but the real problem with the Re-Issues is the fact that the characters the fans want the most like Soundwave, Megatron, Shockwave, Fort Max, (to name a few) etc, don't comply with safety issues or the molds are broken or lost.

I mean, Stepper/Ricochet is a great character to be released, but I bet fans want to see, say, Soundwave more than Inferno, or Megatron more than Smokescreen, etc. Sadly, what really decides on the Re-Issue appearing in stores is the mold or the safety laws it has to abide by.