New 1/18 Stuff!

cmderinchief

Hey guys.....I am into collecting other 1/18 stuff with my Joe and I ran across a preorder for the 21stC XD Eastern Warrior figures. You may have remembered seeing these a few months back at either last year's SDCC or Toy Fair (can't remember which).

I always envisioned making a dio with Snake Eyes sneaking in and tearing up on UBL and Al Qaeda. Now I can make that dio with these figs.

Modern: Iraqi Freedom Series 1 (6 figures)

$50 for the whole set. I tried to get the SDCC exclusives off Evil bay, but some dooood wanted them real bad. Once bidding went over $50, I was like screw it......I'll order these.

AARRGGHH!!!!!!

I just got an e-mail from the Bay.......The dude that beat me ended up not wanting the figures! Good for me I guess, but why the heck do you bid if you didn't want them!? Grrrrr...............So aggrivating! I wonder if something fishy was going on in the bidding process? Driving up the price maybe??

I am pretty sure that 21st Century is going to be releasing these later this year to all of its dealers. The SRP will likely be $7.99 like all of their other figures.

There is no way 21st would manufacture a tiny run of these just for an SDCC exclusive. Thus I wouldn't worry about paying high prices for the SDCC bundle of them (you aren't even getting all of them in the SDCC bundle anyway!)

It is interesting to note that one of the figures comes w/ the 21st COBRA helicopter, and another comes (I think) with that desert camo die-cast version of the Bradley Fighting Vehicle that is at Wal-mart.

Corey

they told me 20 on sunday,

the figs are "OK" but the weapons are all warped, worse that PTE!

the intention is good but the weapons are bend t ohell!

Kill

Yah know, it's funny, at Toy Fair I was talking to 21st about the weapon warping issue and they seemed kind of surprised (i.e. were not aware of it being a problem.) I mentioned to them that BBI had the same problem w/ their first assortments but subsequently corrected it. I had hoped this would light the proverbial fire to get this issue corrected but I gather that it hasn't.

Corey

I'd love to get my hands on some of those arab 'Freedom fighters'...

Oh, and those toys are pretty nice, too! @lol@

Tom

@loll@ ............. @hmmm@ I don't get it.

Pssst... it was a thinly veiled threat to real arab terrorists...

Tom