G1 Wheeljack Reissue

Scotty97

According to sources 'in the know', Wheeljack's mold is damaged.

It costs a lot of money and time to repair a mold. It can be done though, as both Soundwave's and Hound's molds were damaged aswell.

If there's enough demand for a Wheeljack re-issue, i'm sure Takara will release him in the future.

Keep in mind though that Wheeljack, like Jazz, will need to come with new transfers/labels, as the contracts with the companies on the original labels will have expired (like the 'Martini' and 'Porsche' logo's on Jazz).

The same goes for Mirage (if they ever re-issue him that is).

Cheers,

HN.

I like Wheeljack, but i am more looking forward to seeing re-issues of Skywarp and Thundercracker in anime colours. Another one i'd love to see is a set of 4 Decepticon cassettes.

Really don't understand why Takara's taking so long to release these.

Id say yes we will see him in time, but it will be from Takara IMO.

I wouldnt want 4 cassettes. It has to be 6.

Rumble

Frenzy

Ravage

Ratbat - Whos expensive as heck for what he is.

laserbeak and Buzzsaw - both because they swaped out buzz for lazer in the #10 reissue. So they need to compensate for anyone who has the original Soundwave and still wants cassettes.

I am gona say yes as well, but according to Archer at Hasbro durring the OTFCC panel. Hasbro is looking more into figures that aren't usualy in Americans collections. Hence Ricochet ( Stepper ). So I am more expecting figures like Artfire, anime paint jobs, Sunstorm, etc...

I am gona say yes as well, but according to Archer at Hasbro durring the OTFCC panel. Hasbro is looking more into figures that aren't usualy in Americans collections. Hence Ricochet ( Stepper ). So I am more expecting figures like Artfire, anime paint jobs, Sunstorm, etc...

I read this too, but I also read earlier somewhere that Takara plans on doing ALL the original cars from the first two series, which may include Kup and Blurr as well, since they've done Hot Rod. Wasn't Soundwave's mold broken too?

I'm still not digging the whole Stepper/Ricochet thing... Hardcore TF collectors might want him, but I don't. A lot of people who are buying these are doing so because of what we had as kids and what we saw in the old cartoons. I'm going to pass on Ricochet until he goes on sale, and maybe not even then...

I say yes - Takara has stated that they have plans to reissue all the cars and I believe it will happen. They do like to stagger the car releases, but patience will win out at the end of the day.....In the meantime, I'm looking for MISB G-1 originals of these reissues because I want the actual stickers - Lancia, Porsche, Countach :)

I think we'll see a wheeljack eventually - remember both wheeljack and mirage where re-released in europe as "classics", so unless the molds were broken in the last few years, I think it may be hopefull... plus, somebody "in the know" tells me mirage's broken mould is being looked at - at least they are TRYING to fix it, that's the main thing.

According to sources 'in the know', Wheeljack's mold is damaged.

It costs a lot of money and time to repair a mold. It can be done though, as both Soundwave's and Hound's molds were damaged aswell.

If there's enough demand for a Wheeljack re-issue, i'm sure Takara will release him in the future.

Keep in mind though that Wheeljack, like Jazz, will need to come with new transfers/labels, as the contracts with the companies on the original labels will have expired (like the 'Martini' and 'Porsche' logo's on Jazz).

The same goes for Mirage (if they ever re-issue him that is).

Cheers,

HN.

Soundwave's mold was damaged, and Takara repaired it for the reissue, so there's still hope for Wheeljack to get reissued.

Part of me thinks that Energon Downshift was done as a reason to test to see what the demand for a WJ styled character would be. I don't think they would have went with those colors if they weren't thinking of releasing Wheeljack. So I hope they do reissue him, even if he's not the greatest looking figure.

As for Mirage if they do reissue him I hope they take the steps to also make him less likely to break in the middle.

And well seeker reissues, I don't know how Skywarp can be made anime accurate and look all that different from the G1 version but a anime TC is something that I would like to see and think will come, which is why I haven't done one myself.

How is Hasbro going to know if there is "demand" for a particular character? Other than a handful of people online making comments. But those comments generally apply to ALL characters. "I wanna see X reissued." Where X is any G1 character.

Good point. I retract my statement lol

Seriously, how does Takara (not Hasbro) know that there's demand for Predaking? I don't know, but I guess they keep their eyes open at cons and on auctioningsites like eBay. Maybe Takara-officials are lurking boards like these, i really don't know.

Takara has re-issued Soundwave and Hound, both molds were known to be damaged. This ofcourse could have something to do with the rumours that Takara wants to release the entire line of series one G1 (they're pretty close now, only a few more to go), but who knows.

Still, both toys were greatly sought after, so it might not be a coincidence.

I'm also sure they're not doing it 'on a hunch' and actually do market research before spending large sums of money to repair a mold.

Cheers,

HN.