JLU - Season 3 - Episode Discussion

CTVampSlayer

I took the liberty of snapping a few shots from the preview for the next episode.

wt2.jpg

Those twins on the right, is that the Wonder Twins? Also, that looks like Apache Chief behind them.

wt1.jpg

This is a closeup of the female twin. Right after this shot, she morphs into a giant sea creature.

If this is the Wonder Twins, it's definitely a good new look for them.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so glad that Kyle Rayner wasn't forgotten in the DC Animated Universe at all. Was wondering what happened to him. Good thing now that gave us an answer. :D

Now if they'll only show us the S:TAS version of Aquaman! :)

Anyway, just looking at the pics for next week's episode. The new albano look for the twins (if that's them) is cool enough, but whatever happened to thier classic look that was shown in the older JL episode??? I know it's just wax statues but they made them look so cool thier too! :)

uhh.....no new episode next week.

Yeah, just a heads up for everybody; I checked the scheule at cartoonnetwork.com, and they'll have specials and repeats for at least the next two weeks (through Oct 2). Check out the above link or the "Episode Guide" thread for more details.

I loved this week's episode. Couldn't help but watch how everything would turn out.

Just when I think I've seen the best episodes...CN surprises me with this masterpiece. This is what all super heroes cartoons should be all about. Damn it, so good. I feel bad for Red Tornado, I'm sure he'll be back.

Was that the Wonder Twins in the preview for the next episode?

Technically, no. But really? Yes.

Those are the "Ultimen", the team of heroes that the league meet up with in the next episode. I don't know the character's individual names, but I heard their powers...see if these sound familiar:

A black man with electricity powers

An asian man who controls wind

An indian man who can grow to giant size

And twin shapeshifters

Those don't sound at all like...say...Black Vulcan, Samurai, Apache Chief, and the Wonder Twins, do they?

Basically, it sounds like they're doing one big Superfriends homage...the league members for the ep are apparantly Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman...even that smacks of Superfriends. The villians are apparantly Giganta and Bizarro.

• 2 weeks later...

The Kryptonian woman Superman married in his fantasy was named Lyla Lerrol, a holovid actress.

Before the issue this episode took place in, Supes once went back in time to Krypton and met his father. He introduced himself as a distant relative and we get the impression that this may have been where Jor_El got the idea for his sons name. There he met and fell in love with Lyla and regretfully had to leave her, knowing her eventual fate was to die with Krypton.

Another noteworthy aspect to this story arc was that Supes got to witness Kandor being abducted by Brainiac firsthand and cursed himself for forgetting about it untill it was too late to stop it.

One interesting aspect of the original "For the Man Who Has Everything" (And I dont know if these were touched upon in the cartoon or not) was that Jor-El was a bitter old man who got disgraced by his false alarm about Kryptons destruction.

Krypton had really gone downhill, among other things there was reports of racism toward immigrants from Vathlo Island (Home of the highly developed black Kryptonians) and riots and protests. Jor-El wound up in a fanatical cult and secretly wished Krypton HAD been destroyed to salvage his pride and lost honor. His wife had died from the "Eating sickness". Jor-El also had a garden at his house from the Crystal Forest region.

Batman was exposed to the same flower that had nailed Superman and got a fantasy where he marries Sleena Kyle. I think he mentions having a daughter but dont quote me on that. I think it was also Moguls last Pre-Crisis appearance. (At least close to it) Finally the flower gets turned on him and hes put in a stasis pod, dreaming of building a Warworld and conquering the cosmos. We see Adam Strange in one panel being forced to bwo down to him. Supes tosses him in a black hole.

It would make sense that Superman might amalgamate Lois and Lana to create Lyla in the cartoon. The two women he had been in love with.

• 3 weeks later...

That's weird - YTV showed a new episode last Friday. It was the one Grail was talking about - the Ultimen one. Not bad at all.

Y'know, the main characters are featured a lot more than I thought they were going to be in this series. I'm glad about that.

Was that the Wonder Twins in the preview for the next episode?

Technically, no. But really? Yes.

Those are the "Ultimen", the team of heroes that the league meet up with in the next episode. I don't know the character's individual names, but I heard their powers...see if these sound familiar:

A black man with electricity powers

An asian man who controls wind

An indian man who can grow to giant size

And twin shapeshifters

Those don't sound at all like...say...Black Vulcan, Samurai, Apache Chief, and the Wonder Twins, do they?

Basically, it sounds like they're doing one big Superfriends homage...the league members for the ep are apparantly Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman...even that smacks of Superfriends. The villians are apparantly Giganta and Bizarro.

Yeah, on top of everything else, their headquarters looked like the Hall of Justice. It was definately a throw back to the "old school". I thought it was amusing. Kind of funny to see someone take the "P.C." characters that the Super Friends made up to fill out the roster so it wasn't all white and make a new team out of them in homage to the old series. As for the names, I know the Samurai character was Wind Dragon, the Apache Chief character was Long Shadow, the Jan twin was Downpour and the zanna twin was shifter, but I can't find the name of the Black Vulcan character. I guess so long as they don't remake Gleek or Windy & Marvin, I'm cool with it.

• 3 weeks later...