JLU - Season 3 - Episode Discussion

CTVampSlayer

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a great shout out to the classic SuperFriends series.Hated that everyone got new names but I believe Hanna Barbara owns the copyrights for Black Vulcan,Samrui,Apache Chief,Jan,and Jayna.Still a great episode and I hope we see these guys again.Great job guys.

Why can't they use the old names? Time Warner owns everything involved. The names,the network and the cartoon.

The names with the exception of the twins, are politically incorrect, so I guess that is the reason they didn't use them.

Heads up!

From Cartoon Network's schedule:

(Times - Eastern)

Dec 26 - 5:00 pm "Wake the Dead"

Jan 1 - 8:30 pm "Ultimatum"

Jan 2 - 5:00 pm "Ultimatum"

Jan 8 - 8:30 pm "Dark Heart"

Jan 9 - 5:00 pm "Dark Heart"

• 4 weeks later...

SPOLIERS!!!!!

WOW! I haven't seen much because of work but damn do I love this show! The subtle interplay between GL and Bats at the start....the human emotions Bats shows....the whole Bruce-Diana situation.....Jonah Hex, Zorro (ok not Zorro but please, my fiance asked why Zorro showed up!)...I wanted Hex to make some comment about Ra's Al Ghul (remember that episode from TAS?!) And the end where GL, Diana and Bats come face-to-face with Static, Bats (Terry) and War Hawk (name?)!!! How friggin cool is that?! I can't wait til next week. The teasers during the credits rock too!! Old Bruce is gonna work with new current Bruce....current Bats beats down on the Jokers, oh this was soo cool!!!! I HAVE to see next week. This is hands down the best show on tv after Lost.

el

Didn't really expect Hex to say anything about Ra's. That's not until further down the timeline. Was disappointed Bruce didn't say anything. Could've at least said ' So you're Jonah Hex.' Glad they toned down Bat Lash's look for the cartoon. In the comics,he looks a little too fruity to be a cowboy. Wait. What's Bonk doing there at the end? I thought he got bumped off by The Joker? Also wonder if they'll have Michael Rosenbaum(I think I screwed up his last name) do the voice of Ghoul? I think they should since they haven't had the poor guy do the voice of Flash all season long. Also can't wait for next week as well. Terry has said he's always wanted to see 'the old man' in his prime. Now's his chance.

RotJ most likely occurs after these two episodes so that is why Bonk is alive.

I thought that it was a good episode, though I do wish that Shayera went with them into the timewarp instead of Wonder Woman.

Warhawks comment at the end though wasn't unexpected at all for me, since the episode discription was posted I figured thats how they'd use him.

WarHawk's comment was relatively predictable, but it's still cool. I didn't really know of any of the cowboys so this wasn't as good an allusion for me as the Superfriends episode was, but it was still enjoyable. Bruce kicking butt while not wearing the batsuit was pretty cool. The Beyond episode looks really cool, I can't wait to see that one.

Seems that they disregarded Static's original Batman Beyond design; in his own series, Static went to the future and joined Batman Beyond to save the older Static.

Its also possibly further into the future then the Static episode was. Remember at the time Terry wasn't a member of the league

Seems that they disregarded Static's original Batman Beyond design; in his own series, Static went to the future and joined Batman Beyond to save the older Static.

His hair looked gray in last nights episode, but I thought it was still black in the Static episode, so I hope it's just further down the line, although placing Return of the Joker makes it harder to fit it all together

can anyone inform me of the connection between jonah,bats,and ras?

Hex had to stop Ra's from trying to blow up the nation's train system and bring in a guy named Duval. Meanwhile in the present day,Ra's kidnaps Duval from some old folks home in Gotham. Ra's left a tape behind telling Bats all that went down in the past. Batman and Robin catch up with Ra's and Duval at the airport. Turns out the guy is Ghul's son and he's taking him home.

War Hawk said "Dad"

(I don't know if you heard it and couldn't believe it or if you just couldn't hear it, so I'm saying it anyways. ;) )

i watched it again last night ( god bless TiVO) and i heard it wow! thats all i gotta say!

This was a great episode. My wife was never a big comic book fan, but she loves Teen titans, Static Shock, and JLU. When characters appear that she doesn't recognize, I have to explain during the commercials. Those Western heroes were GREAT! Pow-Wow Smith, El Diablo, Bat Lash, Jonah Hex. That's some awesome stuff. I loved the line from Joinah Hex where he says the JL must be time travellers. That was priceless! It shows that this creative team has a great sense of history with the DCU.

The WarHawk "Dad" line was a surprise to me. I didn't see that coming. I like that we'll get to see Terry in action as well as Static. I'm really pleased with how thi series is going. I remember Bruce Timm saying somewhere that he's got the 4th season ideas ready to go. I just wish CN would show the episodes in order without so many *&%^*% repeats. WB should get on the ball and do Season 1 & 2 DVD sets now, before the 4th season (2nd JLU) premieres. I wait, impatiently, for the episode next week.