Joe Colton Stormtrooper

Doc Evil

#WTF#

@rolleye@ This is a perfect example of why Star Wars and GI Joe should not mix. This is too corny to be real. Guys it is a custom made by some guy who has waaay too much time on his hands and doesn't have enough good ideas on which to spend that time.

Youd also think that on such a "rare" item some better photos would be taken. I mean, they dont even show the whole figure!! Four hundred and you hardly know what your getting. Rediculous.

-cobrasaboteur

I can't say for sure if its real or not, but the guy's information is mostly correct, as far as sources for the toy go. The company Whizbang toys used to be a retail store here in Orlando, and they were in charge of the 12" exclusives for the cons. Some of the old Hall of Fame exclusives, like Lady Jaye and the Battle Corps version of Gung Ho all came from them. The ebay ID for Whizbang is correct also. Whizbang does still exist, but sadly only in online form. I'm going to e-mail them and see what they can tell me about this item. They were testing a lot of weird s#it back in the day, so we'll see.

This is an unproduced GI Joe 30th convention exclusive. These outfits were to be carded to only fit 12" Joes. This is the only example of the figure, which also has a test shot helmet. There are 3 others in collectors hands, X-Wing pilot, A-Wing pilot, & Tie Fighter pilot.

A-Wing Pilot? I know the others have been produced in the 12" SW line, but, I can't say I remember this one. I wonder how they pieced that one together? @hmmm@

Well kids, here it is. Proof from Whizbang that it is indeed a real, one of a kind prototype. I'll be damned.

Quoted from response e-mail from majicherz@aol.com

Steve it is a real prototype. The description is a bit confused, but it is a one-of-a-kind Star Wars Xover item that we were trying to get as a show exclusive a few years ago.

Mike

In a message dated 8/1/2004 8:15:22 PM Eastern Standard Time, thetoydude@yahoo.com writes:

My original e-mail to them
:

Hello,

Just a quick question. A recent eBay auction for a 12" Joe Con Exclusive prototype has a large portion of the Joe collecting community wondering as to its authenticity. The seller claims it came from you, and since I used to love visiting your retail location and I remember interesting prototypes, I thought it can't hurt to ask. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

It seems a bit too odd to be true, but any help would go a great ways towards easing our questioning minds. Thanks in advance for any info.

Sincerely,

Steve Blackburn

Orlando, FL