The Waspinator Theory

DJ HMRising

This is a theory I thought up yesterday, but I don't have all the proof quite yet... However this should be fairly accurate (spoilers for Beast Wars and Beast Machines ahead):

As we all know, once the Beast Wars on prehistoric Earth ended, after the Maximals left via the Ark's mini-ship, only one Transformer remained on Earth alive; Waspinator, being glorified by the proto-humans.

Next, we find late during Beast Machines that Thrust is really Waspinator, after Megatron had stolen his Spark and made him a Vehicon General after Waspinator found some way to get home... If I remember right, the conscious Waspinator tells Blackarachnia that the proto-humans eventually chased him away, and Waspinator spent the few millions of years trying to find a way back to Cybertron.

Now this is where it gets a bit fuzzy. In 1984, the Generation 1 Transformers awaken. However, the Maximals arrived a few million years before that, thus Waspinator could've been around (trying to find a way to return to Cybertron) at the time of the Autobots and Decepticons awakening.

I mean, sure, though Waspinator wasn't actually in G1, he should've been around during that time.

So, if anyone can correct this or something, please help me out. :)

Oh my! ME likey :) You know what this brings to mind though?..

ROBO/tMasters! I would love to see an cool/good Robot master waspinator that would sooo kick ass! BW megatron & some of the other BW guys are there duking it out as well & its suppose to be around the same timeline as g1 so hey it could happen!

Dang I so want an RM waspinator now haha!

QUOTE (DecepticonusPrime @ Jul 27 2004, 12:05 AM)

Wasn't there one episode where Waspinator went all crazy and starting saying he was the Decepticon Shrapnel?

He got hit on the head and said it once.

I always thought he might have been Shrapnel, and was reformatted/remade/whatever and the reason he said it was because some of the data remained in the back of his mind.

Or something.

Oh my! ME likey :) You know what this brings to mind though?..

ROBO/tMasters! I would love to see an cool/good Robot master waspinator that would sooo kick ass! BW megatron & some of the other BW guys are there duking it out as well & its suppose to be around the same timeline as g1 so hey it could happen!

Dang I so want an RM waspinator now haha!

You know what I really want from Robo Masters? a G1 Megatron like Starscream or even a Soundwave, that would be simply amazing.

Ya that would be cool too! I'm sure we will see em sooner or latter... If anything a soundwave :) Takara knows he is a popular one I'm sure I want a wheeljack for this line too!

Now this is where it gets a bit fuzzy. In 1984, the Generation 1 Transformers awaken. However, the Maximals arrived a few million years before that, thus Waspinator could've been around (trying to find a way to return to Cybertron) at the time of the Autobots and Decepticons awakening.

The G1 Transformers arrived on earth 4 million years before there reawakening. Humans have only been around for what 100,000 years at most? Thus, your timing is a little off in that regard.

It's possible that Waspinator returned to Cybertron on his own. Perhaps he had access to another shuttle from the Ark or Nemesis or found a backup plan left behind by Tarantulas.

Or, maybe the Vok returned him to Cybertron.

I don't think my timing isn't off. This little Timeline (below) I made might make more sense.

First off, it's obvious that the Maximals and Predacons arrived before 1984. A few million years, too. They arrived closer to the crash itself, at the minimum. If they arrived closer to 1984, then that means that Waspinator (let's be conservative and say that by "few million years" it was at the minimum of two) would have encountered the Autobots/Decepticons.

No matter at what time the Maximals and Predacons arrived AND left, Waspinator would spend 2+ million years trying to figure out how to get back to Cybertron (he wasn't in space, he was on prehistoric Earth presumedly).

Waspinator, again, would've been alive on Earth at some point at the bare minimum of 1984.

Unless, he meant he spent the next million years trying to figure out how to get back to Cybertron...In space.

However, the point of how he got back is interesting! Sadly, at this time it's beside the point...For now.

My Timeline --- (I forgot to add this in, but the Maximals and Predacons arrive at some unknown point in the red line.)

DUDE. THE MAXIMALS ARRIVED DURING PROTOMAN TIME. WATCH MTMTE AGAIN BECAUSE THEY SHOW DINOSAURS SOME YEARS AFTER THE CRASH. I LOVE THE CAPS LOCK. YOU BETTER LOVE IT TOO OR ELSE! >=(

DUDE. THE MAXIMALS ARRIVED DURING PROTOMAN TIME. WATCH MTMTE AGAIN BECAUSE THEY SHOW DINOSAURS SOME YEARS AFTER THE CRASH. I LOVE THE CAPS LOCK. YOU BETTER LOVE IT TOO OR ELSE! >=(

huh?

ok, uh...

Ark crashes, dinos die, maximals/preds crash. Is that what you were trying to get at?

Opticon, he's trying to frame the Beast Wars more accurately that just the sequence of events.

The last dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago.

The Ark crashed 4 million years ago.

Homo erectus, the earliest human ancestor with our bone structure, and developed brain, only came around in the last 2 million years.

The Beast Wars occured *during* this period, between 2 million, and 400,000 years ago. No one can get an accurate date, but because of the pre-human species in BW, it has to be *somewhere* in this timeframe.

As for Waspinator, the writers of Beast machines weren't clear on what Waspinator was up to for so many years, but space travel, especially by wasp wings, is a *long* journey. The *intent* of the BM writers was that he flew the distance on his own. Waspinator, technically, should nt figure into G1continuity beyond his encounter with Starscream. Calling himsaelf Schrapnel in "Dark Designs" was an hallucination.

Yes! Straight Edge is getting at what I'm trying to say.

However, I didn't know if he spent the next few million years on Earth (building a space vessel or something) or actually flying to Cybertron on his own.

As for Waspinator, the writers of Beast machines weren't clear on what Waspinator was up to for so many years, but space travel, especially by wasp wings, is a *long* journey. The *intent* of the BM writers was that he flew the distance on his own. Waspinator, technically, should nt figure into G1continuity beyond his encounter with Starscream. Calling himsaelf Schrapnel in "Dark Designs" was an hallucination.

Maybe Waspinator got his Transmetal form after the protohumans chased him out. That had an interesting jet mode, making travel a LOT faster. @smilepunch@

As for the Shrapnel comment, the original Insecticons were from the Beast Wars PAST. Maybe it like when people claim to be able to recall past life experience, they always happen to be Napleon or Cleopatra.

Hey can the beasts actaully go about in space ect ect? Or once they become beasts do they need like air or something to survive?

Hey can the beasts actaully go about in space ect ect? Or once they become beasts do they need like air or something to survive?

The implication was that they were cyborgs. This meant they had to keep up the organic parts like organic parts by eating, breathing, etc. However, I don't think the transmetals had to worry about any of that.

AT the end of BW waspy was never a TM though... HMmmmmmmmmmmmm & if the above is true then how would he fly to cybertron with out a ship :| Now I really want to see waspy in the RM line! @loll@ With a switchable Thrust head as well !!! @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

There the size of omnicons so it would be perfect for that @firedevil@

I can see the waspinator/starscream maginze exluisve repaint allready! @loll@

AT the end of BW waspy was never a TM though... HMmmmmmmmmmmmm & if the above is true then how would he fly to cybertron with out a ship :| Now I really want to see waspy in the RM line! @loll@ With a switchable Thrust head as well !!! @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

There the size of omnicons so it would be perfect for that @firedevil@

I can see the waspinator/starscream maginze exluisve repaint allready! @loll@

Well, it IS possible he became one and we did not know about it. Of course, my only evidence is the toy.

But we know he still had his normal body while on Earth. In that BM episode, he has a flashback to being chased away by the primatives. But between then and being revealed to be Thrust, he might have gotten his Transmetal body.