Cy Girls Know Being Released By Takara!?

Doom Saber

At the sdcc show, Takara had their own both displaying microman and cy girls fig. Although, I didn't went to the sdcc show, there are pictures of their both along with the dolls at other site; unfortnately there are no cy girl pics at this forum. Seems that they are releasing The Bride (from Kill Bill,) Panzer soldier from Gin Roh, and Revenger Lay(that engrish for Ray.) Seems cool that they are now releasing figs in America. Wonders if they will take back the Transformers license from Hasbro; Do Takara and Hasbro own equal share of Transformers or does Takara owns it and Hasbro releases it?

• 3 months later...

I belive that Takara owns Cool Girls. Which is what Cy Girls are in Asia. From what I understand they were working with BBI on releasing the figures in America. That might have changed now. Also it is looking like BBI is going to become part of Hasbro.

Bbi dropped the cy girls line. Now, they have a line in place of it.

It is bbi's interest to release a new line, which is Goth. The 12 series, known as Goth and Cyber Goth is 12 inch figs of cy/pb with goth clothes. They are usin the same sculpts but with a goth look. As for those who want a cy girl series, Bbi is releasing a line of goth with weapons. It is called Cyber Goth, which I assume is part of the Cy line since Cy and Cyber. There are no robots in this series, though the dolls have weapons.

Ironicly military is what made BBI in the 1/6 scale figure market. I'd heard about the goth figures. Quite possibly unless they've totally droped Cy Girls it is just the theme of the new wave.

As to Hasbro buying them well. Logicly it would be good, since it would make the quality of 1/6 Joes go up and they would also be able to do good female Joes. However Hasbro does own Mattel, so that really dosen't explain why they can't do female figures. But, then again do we really want Barbie with guns. The female figures that Hasbro is doing for DC Direct is using BBI/Elite Force CyGirl bodies.

However knowing how Hasbro usually does things, alas they will just strip the company of what is good and trash the rest. Which might mean they burn the company just to get rid of the competition instead of using it to improve quality.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I don't care who is going to put out Cy-Girls as long as someone does and I can get me some.

There is a slim chance Cy girls will still be made since bbi stop distribution and seems that Takara is giving up on the series.

However, you can always collect the goth line since it is basically Cy girls with pb bodies, but with a gothic theme.

They only own Mattel.  They have been doing figures for DCD along with Elite Force.  The figures are characters in the 1/6 scale from the Blackhawk comics.

Are you sure? I've never heard anything about Hasbro owning Mattel.

I don't care who is going to put out Cy-Girls as long as someone does and I can get me some.

Takara owns them and will now go solo. One advantage of BBI is substantially lowering the price under how much they cost in Japan, and with that gone, collecting CG's will get expensive really quickly. For the pat year, Takara also seems more interested in doing limited-edition ones that cost more than regular ones.