Tru G1 Reissue Prices High?

OneTrueBlue

It doesn't matter - TRU needs to reissue more TF's - it seems to have slowed down over the last while....

I really want to see Thrust, Ramjet, Trailbreaker, Ironhide, and Ratchet to name a few...

Those crap re-issues Hasbro does aren't worth more than $19.99 - 24.99 in my opinion. Takara's on the other hand, although also too expensive, are better at $29.99 - 34.99 for most. You get a higher quality item, no big blown up weapons, nice extra's and some great improvements on most. The boxes are also much nicer, although the inner boxes can be a pain in the ass when taking the item in and out.

I did buy a few Hasbro re-issues though, but i had a nit to pick with all of them. Grapple's hook is flat grey instead of chrome, which annoys the crap out of me, Hoist's stickers are a bit angled and Red Alert's sirens are not aligned well either.

Only beef i had with Takara so far is Sideswipe. Mine's pink on several locations. Makes him look really pathetic.

I hope they release all the ones from the first two series, and the cooler ones afterward. I could do without Ratchet and Ironhide, unless Takara releases "anime" versions of them with heads!!!

I want Shockwave the most, I think.

Ratchet and Ironhide in fact have heads... they're behind their windshields.

As for Shockwave, don't hold your breath. Unfortunately, Shockwave was a licensed mold that neither Takara or Hasbro currently has the rights to reproduce. Let's hope that changes soon though.

The same goes for at least the following:

Whirl, Jetfire, Deluxe Insecticons, Omega Supreme and Roadbuster.

Cheers,

HN.

Granted, the prices are still too high, but this is a step in the right direction. Remember folks, its TRU who is to blame for the high prices, not Hasbro. Hopefully they will end up charging the original MSRP which was supposed to be 19.99 for cars and 24.99 for jets.

Ratchet and Ironhide in fact have heads... they're behind their windshields.

You know what I mean!

Weren't the Predacons licensed molds as well? At any rate, I can see Jetfire being a problem, since all those crazy Bandai series are still popular, but I can't see them being unable to secure a license to reuse the Shockwave mold.

Maybe they could do a show-accurate MP Skyfire instead...

I hope they release all the ones from the first two series, and the cooler ones afterward. I could do without Ratchet and Ironhide, unless Takara releases "anime" versions of them with heads!!!

I want Shockwave the most, I think.

Shockwave will never be released, along with Omega Supreme and Skylynx, Hasbro does not own the molds....oh and lets throw in Jetfire

Ironhide and Ratchet will never see an anime style re-issue, unless they are both in the upcoming movie(!?)

I think they could take Energon Towline and repaint him as Ironhide and Ratchet.

Besides, what is the point of reissuing something if they are going to make changes? Isn't that what everyone is bitching about to begin with?

Ironhide and Ratchet will never see an anime style re-issue, unless they are both in the upcoming movie(!?)

I think they could take Energon Towline and repaint him as Ironhide and Ratchet.

Besides, what is the point of reissuing something if they are going to make changes? Isn't that what everyone is bitching about to begin with?

I don't think repainting the Energon crap is sufficient. Re-issues are IMHO open to modifications that improve the overall toy. I.e. Starscream, Bumblebee etc.

I don't think repainting the Energon crap is sufficient. Re-issues are IMHO open to modifications that improve the overall toy. I.e. Starscream, Bumblebee etc.

Making cosmetic changes to a reissue means it is no longer a reissue. It is an entirely new toy/line.

If we wan't a cartoon version of Ironhide, they can do it in Robotmasters. It has no place in a line that is intended to give you exactly what you got the first time around.