Could The Wu-tang Clan Be...

Pimp Masta Dee

I've been listening to the Wu-Tang Clan for years. Over the years, I've noticed several references to Marvel Comics. I can only think of a few right now, but I know there are more. There's gotta be more Wu-Tang fans on here who've noticed this. Anyway, some examples:

-Method Man often refers to himself as Johnny Blaze

-In the song "Big Dogs", Meth says, "Johnny Blaze the Ghost Rider, camp stories by the campfire, we night breed...VAMPIRE!"

-Ghostface Killah's nickname, Tony/Toney Starks, is basically a copy of Tony Stark (Iron Man)

-Also, Ghostface's first solo album was titled Ironman

So anyways, that's my theory. If they are fans, I think it's pretty damn cool that a rap group I like actually likes Marvel Comics.

And when Method calls himself "johnny blaze" I don't think hes talking about how he likes the Spirit of Vengeance there.

@Smoke2@

And when Method calls himself "johnny blaze" I don't think hes talking about how he likes the Spirit of Vengeance there.

@Smoke2@

I know what you mean by that. It's not hard to figure out. Method Man? BLAZE? I know. But I thought it was pretty interesting that he actually said Ghost Rider too. Maybe he is a fan, and just thought Johnny Blaze was the perfect name to fit his...personality. @Smoke2@ @Smoke2@ @Smoke2@

yeah, it ain't just coincidence. lots of the wu tang members are fans of all kinds of pop culture stuff, including comics.