Any News At Sdcc Re Microman Spidey?

Bizarro Fett

Have there been any licensing announcements regarding the micro-man line. Is Spidey still a go. Also what's the deal with takara USA division? Does this mean we won't have to pay all the extra $$ to import some of their cooler stuff? Thanks for any insight.

He was cancelled due to a licensing overlap, I think he debuted too close to the movie, so plans were scrapped, but I have a feeling he wiil make his debut at a later date.

He was cancelled due to a licensing overlap, I think he debuted too close to the movie, so plans were scrapped, but I have a feeling he wiil make his debut at a later date.

Hopefully your right Mcfly, I would relly like to have one of those.

I hope they don't cancell him! I want a 1:18 scale Spidey to go with Snake-Eyes and Batman! Snakes, Bats, and Spidey are three of my all-time favorite characters! Now if only they'd make a microman Snake-Eyes!!!

I hope they don't cancell him! I want a 1:18 scale Spidey to go with Snake-Eyes and Batman! Snakes, Bats, and Spidey are three of my all-time favorite characters! Now if only they'd make a microman Snake-Eyes!!!

Isn't a G.I. Joe very close to being exactly like a Microman?

Microman are a great concept of action figure. I don't care if I don't get Spidey now, I just hope I can get it later and that it opens the door for many, many more Marvel Characters. I also hope they do more Batman and DC characters. I would love aquaman, flash, green lantern, superman and so on.

Here's the news from figures.com

Takara USA debuts!

Takara USA, a new division of Takara Japan, made their official presense known at this year's Comic-Con. Brand spanking new, Takara USA is in the midst of finalizing US distribution of many popular Takara oversea product including Microman and Cool Girls.

On display was a 12" figure fans have been clamoring for: a 12" Bride from Kill Bill! Other 12" figures included in this series will be “Cool Girl� figures Aska (a limited Japanese edition), CG 11 Revenger (Codename: Lay), and Ice.

In addition, a new "Kerberos Saga" series based on the Panzer Cops from the Mamoru Oshii films ("Jin Roh" and "Kerberos Panzer Cop") are being produced. Four figures are planned in the series: a Regular Armor Panzer Cop, a "Heavy Armor" Panzer Cop, a Sniper Armor Panzer Cop, and a Communications Armor Panzer Cop. All four will hopefully be available next year.

Takara, popular for their classic Microman super articulated 4� figures, also had their latest assortments on display. These included Microforce, Microlady and a licensed series of Batman Microman figures (available through DC Direct) featuring multiple interpretations of Batman, a Catwoman, and a Batgirl. As for the fate of the Microman Spider-Man? He WAS produced - overseas. Due to STRICT licensing restrictions, this bad boy never made it to US shores.

Other toys being imported by Takara include the new “Penny Racer� remote cars, which feature steering ability and fin control. Fully customizable, the “Penny Racer� cars will feature interchangeable engines, steering fins, and bodies.