Alternators In The Netherlands

heroicnonsense

For all Dutch readers:

I walked into my local Bijenkorf (the Arnhem-branch) today and noticed a rather large (in Dutch terms that is) stand with Transformers.

Among Energon Prime, the same old Armada-crap and even worse Tiny-tins crap, were...Alternators!

At the moment they only have Smokescreen (the '8'-version), but according to the lady they might get some more soon.

The packaging is the same as the American ones, but the text is is in French and Dutch. Smokescreen costs € 26,95.

Cheers,

HN.

PS: Energon Prime was € 79,95.

The usual Armada-toys you'd also find at Bart Smit's and Intertoys, but at Bijenkorf prices ofcourse ;). That's why i didn't mention them.

Scavenger (also Treadbolt,€ 35 i think they were), Megatron (€ 40) and a few minicon-packs. Nothing special.

Cheers,

HN.

Damn, i've been looking on the internet for so long, I'd forgot the shops here in Holland.

They have Energon 2 eh?

Well I have all the binaltechs that are out there, they still need their Alternator counterparts.

thnx for the heads up!

Damn, i've been looking on the internet for so long, I'd forgot the shops here in Holland.

They have Energon 2 eh?

Well I have all the binaltechs that are out there, they still need their Alternator counterparts.

thnx for the heads up!

Wait a sec....so you are going to buy both the Alts. and BinalTech's?

Isn't that a bit eh...freaky?

@hmmm@

They have Energon 2 eh?

thnx for the heads up!

Wait a sec....so you are going to buy both the Alts. and BinalTech's?

Isn't that a bit eh...freaky?

@hmmm@

BTs are for keeping, Alts are for trashing...

I'd love to get the BinalTech's, but they are way too expensive. So i'm just sticking to Alts. for now.

I did however get the Takara Prime, because i just coulden't get past the horrible smokestacks on the Hasbro Prime.

I did however get the Takara Prime, because i just coulden't get past the horrible smokestacks on the Hasbro Prime

I hear you. I got the Takara 2. Waaay better than the Hasbro one, I do have the prototype with small stacks and damage and looks good in truckmode.

Just picked my Alt. smokescreen at my local TRU in the Netherlands (dang a-holes dont sell G1 re-issues yet.....)

Laid down 28 smackaroos (euro's) for it!! My 1st alternator, YAY!! @loll@

I dont like the colors though, gonna make it a G1 repaint soon ;)

I'm still gonna buy the BT's. They just look better. But it's good news that some TF are still making their way to the Netherlands.

With the way Armada was distributed over here, I didn't expect any other TF. By the way, is anyone interested in about 15 Armada Scavengers? They still have some at my local Intertoys.....

I'm still gonna buy the BT's. They just look better. But it's good news that some TF are still making their way to the Netherlands.

With the way Armada was distributed over here, I didn't expect any other TF. By the way, is anyone interested in about 15 Armada Scavengers? They still have some at my local Intertoys.....

LOL

Yes, they can fight the army of Armada Skywarps/minicon-packs/Megatrons that they seem to stock through the roof over here.

They also can't seem to get enough of RiD Hotshot, RiD-gobots (or whatever the heck they're called) and ofcourse miniature RiD Prime/Ultra Magnus over here.

I'd say: get RiD of them for cheap, but noooo... why should they :D

Also: why on earth doesn't TRU Benelux carry re-issues? The packaging on the UK-releases is partly in Dutch, so they were atleast planning to do so. Or are they going to wait until they stop selling in the UK and then dump them on the market here?

Cheers,

HN.

Hey don't dis Armada Scavenger, he's really cool once you have him removed from his cardboard prison.

I'm really looking forward to buying Hound and Silv....eh Bluestreak as well. If we ever get them here.

Yeah i know his name is Silverstreak now, but he'll always be Bluestreak to me.

:D

Hey don't dis Armada Scavenger, he's really cool once you have him removed from his cardboard prison.

I'm really looking forward to buying Hound and Silv....eh Bluestreak as well. If we ever get them here.

Yeah i know his name is Silverstreak now, but he'll always be Bluestreak to me.

:D

I hope TRU will get hit in the head with the Stick O' Common Sense and release the re-issues here as well.

After all, they are TRU re-issues and some of the ones I got even have dutch amongst other languages on the box.

Hope keeps me alive ;)

[offtopic]Maybe it's a fun idea if us Dutch collectors come together for a TF hunt in Amsterdam or something, there's a store there filled to the roof with loose and mosc/misb/mib G1 and other TF's. Let me know.[/offtopic]

Vandal Com-X is just around the corner on the Rozengracht. Though he doesn't have any old stuff. Just the re-issues.

ASO (= A Space Oddity) has a nice collection of items, but prices aren't always the best over there. Though you can sometimes get great deals there and you can also bargain a bit about the price.

• 2 weeks later...

we got 2, my aunt works there. She knows i'm in ttf's and she once asked me if she should bring one.

I replied that I already had them a year sgo when they first arrived.

You should of seen the look on her face.