Don Murphy Is Going To Ruin This Movie!!!

scotty26

don murphy said that megatron as a gun is lame!!!!

don murphy said soundwave might not be in the movie and if he is he'll be scaled down and be a cd player!!!!!

he also said he wants to make it realistic meaning that giant robots won't be shrinking to size (like said soundwave and others that have the gimmick)

we have to do somthing about this murphy said this was gonna be a G1 movie, a cross between the cartoon and marvel comic!

but now he's cuttin coners so who knows what movie we're gonna get! we'll be lucky to recognize this product as transformers!!!

we need to make our voice heard if changes aren't made we should boycott this movie a movement has been made at the seacon swamp AND darkTFrealm Tfans will follow!!! if you feel the way i do than go to the don murphy message boards and tell them!!!

if i have anything to do with it this movie won't make a dime!!!!

OUR VOICES MUST BE HEARD!!!

ARE YOU WITH ME?

#US1# #US1# #US1#

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"don murphy said that megatron as a gun is lame!!!!"

"don murphy said soundwave might not be in the movie and if he is he'll be scaled down and be a cd player!!!!!"

And that quickly, my question in the other post has already been answered. No smilies can show my disdain. Just like i said in the Catwoman thread, i'll just have to pray on this.

post-4-1090621714_thumb.jpg

What we need to remember is that like other super-hero comic cartoon based movies the fans mean next to nothing when these types of movies are made. Nothing the fans say will have any real impact on the movie whatsoever.

All that matters when making these films is the marketing. How much can they alter the initial product to coincide with massive marketing deals, yet still call the movie transformers or x-men or batman etc.

So I guess there's something wrong with me for being happy with his decision and deciding to go realistic (well as realistic as you can in a movie about sentient robots from another planet crashing on earth and doing battle for eons all the while some larger planet sized robot moves towards their home planet intent on digesting it, which in turn is actually the creator of their race and is simply lying dormant)

Oh seriously, shut up.

I laughed at your post on Murphy's website. I can't believe people are already complaining.

Obviously some things are not going to work in the movie they want to make. Live with it.

Sit back, shut up, and enjoy the ride.

Quite obviously it is going to be based on G1, not exactly like it.

I find it funny how people get so riled up over a few sentences this early in the movies production.

because adam we need to have our voices heard before to much damage is done!!!

Oh seriously, shut up.

I laughed at your post on Murphy's website. I can't believe people are already complaining.

Obviously some things are not going to work in the movie they want to make. Live with it.

Sit back, shut up, and enjoy the ride.

Nah. I think I'll add my complaint.

Absolutely ridiculous. I wonder if that is his actual opinion (Megatron as a gun was dumb) or if it is the Hasbro "We can't sell toy guns easily around here due to some laws here and there....so...uhhh....tell the public that Megatron as a gun was a bad idea."

They won't care what we think, I think.

The same people who don't care what we think are the same people who expect us to go see it and make them some money.

I am still not gonna see it. A live-action movie is lame, and they should do another anime movie like the first one.

They won't care what we think, I think.

The same people who don't care what we think are the same people who expect us to go see it and make them some money.

I am still not gonna see it. A live-action movie is lame, and they should do another anime movie like the first one.

Exactly. X-Men or others are fine for "live action" because they are human characters. But Transformers? At least with CGI we won't have to worry about it being like an episode of Power Rangers.

and do you REALLY want to see a foot tall soundwave? cuz he said that he wants them to be in scale with their alt modes!!!

I wouldn't prefer it, but I'm going not going to throw a hissy fit about it. It's just a damn movie.

Let's wait and see what they do. Yes, a 12 inch tall Soundwave would suck. But I bet half this "controversy" is to create buzz for the movie. Like the crap with Jack Black being Green Lantern...

Hooray for logic!

Jack Black as Green Lantern? LOL!

Let's wait and see what they do. Yes, a 12 inch tall Soundwave would suck. But I bet half this "controversy" is to create buzz for the movie. Like the crap with Jack Black being Green Lantern...

If that is the case, maybe they ARE "listening" to us at least to see how the hype is doing. At worst they don't care. At best they will listen and do things "appropriately." But if we don't discuss (euphamism for rant and complain) we won't see ANY of what we really want to see.

All this reminds me of Spiderman, when they announced that the web would come directly from the hand of Parker, with no spinner...

Everyone was like "What the #$###?" "Thsi can't be serious" etc...

Well, Spiderman is one of the best marvel movie of all time.

So let's just see... I wondered myself how they can do a credible G1 Megatron in a live movie. Well it seems they can't...

The only i wish is that they must try before give up.

All this reminds me of Spiderman, when they announced that the web would come directly from the hand of Parker, with no spinner...

Everyone was like "What the #$###?" "Thsi can't be serious" etc...

Well, Spiderman is one of the best marvel movie of all time.

So let's just see... I wondered myself how they can do a credible G1 Megatron in a live movie. Well it seems they can't...

The only i wish is that they must try before give up.

I actually thought it was kinda dumb that Spiderman had to have them artificial webshooters i the first place.

and do you REALLY want to see a foot tall soundwave? cuz he said that he wants them to be in scale with their alt modes!!!

I wouldn't prefer it, but I'm going not going to throw a hissy fit about it. It's just a damn movie.

that attitude is why the proper movie doesn't get made!!!

This is ridiculous, u guys are complaining just now about the scaling bots when its been said for a long time now that they would not make it in as their G1 incarnations. The concept of them scaling like that is nutz to begin with.

20 years ago, these characters were created to go along with a toy line. If the designers/creators had any clue that 20 years later their work would still be gone over obssesively, they might have taken more time with some of this stuff.

A movie based Megatron toy wont be possible at all. As long as they use his OTHER commonly used alt, a tank, and they take some care to make the robot mode bear a reasonable resemblece to the G1 robot form, I can find that acceptable.

As for Soundwave, Microcassette players are dead as the dodo. The only things on the market now that still even USE microcassettes now are answering machines and personal memo things, both of which are also being phased out by electronic digital recording devices. And cassette walkmen are being phased out gradually by CD players. Remember, not only the diehard fan is going to see this, but a large number of moviegoers who are relative agnostics to the mythos. So making Soundwave an outdated piece of technology just isnt sensible.

that attitude is why the proper movie doesn't get made!!!

That attitude is why fandoms arent taken more seriously. Put a sock in it already. Wait till we have actual visual proof before you get your panties all in a twist. Nothing has been made yet. All movies based on a liscensed property gets changes from the source material. ALL OF THEM. Im not saying you have to like it, but you DO need to accept it.