Binaltech Grimlock

ScottieEvil

Hmm....grimlock as a car? blasphemy! he should be a dinosaur, plain a sinple! AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

j/k @smilepunch@

It looks AWESOME. Love the transformation homage with the legs, and the 'wings' look great....nice to see something other that the smoke/streak/hound style wings. I will definitely be getting this, and yeah, hopefully they get a good colour balance of the red/black/yellow on him.

Much better than the energon version @haha@

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointed for two reasons. His bot mode looks great, but i'm certainly not a fan of the car. Also I don't care for their choice of character. I'm not saying that Grimlock is a bad choice, but I would have prefered to see a car related character instead.

One thing of interest to me is going to be his bio card. I wonder what explanation Takara is going to give for him becoming a car. I mean, all things considered, in the show he always looked down on the autobot cars and now he is one himself.

I really, really do not like the idea of making Grimlock into a car, It just doesn't work. I'm seriously very disappointed that they made him Grimlock, if anything he should have been a truck but evven that is a stretch.

That is beautiful. They've chosen a classic character and given him a car that REALLY suits him. BIG...... MUSCLE car! Im excited about this one for many reasons:

New mould

Unexpected character

A car that we, as brits, are largely unfamiliar with. Same could be said of the corvette, but all the rest are common place in the UK (well, vipers aren't common but we all know what they are and what they look like)

Interesting transformation. He has G1 Grimmy style legs, but the rest translates well to a car style transformation without being too samey. ie: the bonnet still forms the chest, ala Meister, Subarus and Jeeps, but the doors fold out differently, the rear lights are at knee level instead of being the feet, and he has wheels on his lower arms.

This is nothing short of amazing, and could be my favourite alt yet. I never did like G1 Grimlock, and the Energon version looks like arse too. Finally a toy that does him justice!

to be honest this doesnt bother me that much, I actually think the figure looks kinda cool, i dont understand the desicion making process behind making a dinosaur character a car before scores of other car characters were made, what i dont like it the mini cooper, to me it just doesnt fit the line, i really hope what is on the cooper sight is not what the figure will look like, hopefully the cooper will be cliffjumper, bumblebee has to stay a beetle, if vw says no then dont make bumblebee

In my opinion, this makes sense cause Grimlock was one of the best Autobot warrior. So the human must have wanted to revive him. And as they only can revive them into vehicules, now he's a car. That's fine with me.

I hope his colors will stay the same like G1 though.

While I certainly think he looks freakin' AWESOME, I, too, think he could at least have bee a truck. I was thinkin' Escalade, but that's too bling for Grimlock, but then I thought perhaps he should have been a CAT dumptruck, or a forklift, or a backhoe or, even though I seem to feel morally opposed to them... a Hummer.

It just seems that it would be more appropriate.

But he is a bad-@$$ lookin' beast, nonetheless.

If Grimlock is going to be a car, the Mustang works (well, I don't know about the new one). His head doesn't look right though - hopefully this is just a prototype, and they'll retool it to look like ol' Grimmy. (I remember not liking Sideswipe's head sculpt on a picture as well, but it looked great on the toy.)

I think Grimlock is a good pic for an MP release though, as is Bumblebee and the seekers. These are all prominent characters, and it fits into the Alternator line well.

This was posted on tformers

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=3245&mode=flat

BT10Grimlockr-500.jpg

Praise GOD !!! I love it !!! It's been a long time in the making.

As for everyone that's been complaining that they named it Grimlock, use your freakin' imagination. When you buy the figure you can pretend he's whoever the freak you want him to be. If you think he looks like Jazz, then pretend he is Jazz. If you think he should be Ironhide, then pretend he is Ironhide.

I've been waiting for Hasbro to make a Mustang Transformer since the toylines inception. I know they made those Tyco Slot Car Mustangs, but those don't count. This is a sweet, beautiful car/robot that will receive the worship and praise it deserves. From me, at least.

wow, not even this many people complained when grimlock was a backhoe!!

and little to no complaints about him being an armoured tank

Am I the only one pissed off that he is not a hummer like he should be? :|

He's perfect the way, he is.

It's just your opinion that he should be a hummer.

Yes & one could just as easly say that its just you're opinion that hes perfect the way he is .

So don't tell me what to say & what not to say thank you! you negative ass! @loll@ @smilepunch@

grimlock should have been made as truckasaurous

the head kinda looks like grimlock's to me

i don't mind him as a car

new forms remember

@optimus@ I agree with synch. I'm diggin that they did right in naming the Hound repaint as Swindle. But calling the Mustang Grimlock! Don't make me @puke@ He should be Wheeljack, or at least some other G1 car character. If Grimlock is going to be some sort of vehicle for BT/Alt at least make him some sort of big truck, Hummer or something big and bluky like that. But Grimlock a Mustang that is lame. @grumpy@

But Swindle is cool. @cool@

Thus my rant.

@optimus@ I agree with synch. I'm diggin that they did right in naming the Hound repaint as Swindle. But calling the Mustang Grimlock! Don't make me @puke@ He should be Wheeljack, or at least some other G1 car character. If Grimlock is going to be some sort of vehicle for BT/Alt at least make him some sort of big truck, Hummer or something big and bluky like that. But Grimlock a Mustang that is lame. @grumpy@

But Swindle is cool. @cool@

Thus my rant.

SIng it! @loll@

I've never had anything bad to say about Binaltech nor ever complained about it before.

But this....this is stupid.

My thoughts exactly......But I have to admit, it makes Yellow Tracks and Deadstreaker look like brillant ideas in comparison.

Sad part is I love the overall mold. I just don't like the Head and I don't like the fact that he is Grimlock. I may pass on this one and wait for the remold/Repaint......would make a great Skids. Course when I see it I might buy and pretend it's not Grimlock....I so often lack the convection of my words when I find something in the store, but with possible new MOTU figures and new SW figures early next year....I may be able to stick to my words just to save money.

Now let's see the Mini-Cooper and hope it's not Snarl.

In my opinion, this makes sense cause Grimlock was one of the best Autobot warrior. So the human must have wanted to revive him.

So how come the only Decepticons they've revived are Dead End and Swindle? Wouldn't you start with some key players first?

In my opinion, this makes sense cause Grimlock was one of the best Autobot warrior. So the human must have wanted to revive him.

So how come the only Decepticons they've revived are Dead End and Swindle? Wouldn't you start with some key players first?

Just because the stronger decepticons are jets, and maybe they will do them actually... But not now.