Good Pen?

synch

OoOoOoO boy :S I didn't think this would be that complicated ... HOw about for toy boxes guys? I'm gona get my armada starscream signed by the voice acter as well as my keldor figure both are misb :)

Pogo... You say that the different colors will smudge on different colors of the paper... Well there basicly the same pens from the same company I don't see how a different colored pen could make a difference... Get what I'm saying?

Oh well... Once I figure out what comics I'm gona try & get signed I'll be sure to post what here :)

One I am getting signed is that @can@ excluisve dinobot cover

BTW how much does a sharpie cost?

its had to explain but I've seen artists signign with their gold and silver markers and made a mess of the comics.

black sharpie for me.

about toys, I don't get toys signed.

So you just use a black sharpie for everything then? What if its a black color ... sorta hard to see :| You don't get toys signed? Why not :)

Having em signed by there voice acter is pretty cool imo if you're just gona keep em boxed up anyways ;)

if I have a black cover I have them use their silver one but I let it dry on the side before it causes any smudges.

I also get remarks and signatures on all of my CGC books.

About toys. I'm not into getting toys signed by the character's voices. I'm not too interested on that. I like my boxes mint.

If a toy box isn't nice & minty because of an autograph then neither is a comic ;)

which is why they signed the cgc cases. check out my collection pics for details.

HAHah you mean they didn't sign the comics them selfs?:) How do you protect the autograph then?:)

nope, signed comics lose value. unless its a personal thing, I may bring an extra book for them to sign.

the cases are fine, as long as they use the black sharpie. one of them have a daredevil remark and spiderman remark. very cool. check them out.

it all depends.

a mint comic book is a comic book that is flawless in every single way. if its signed by anyone, it prevents it from that.

however, there's people that value signed comics a lot. I think this is more of a personal preference than anything else. However, when dealing with signed things there's NEVER guarantee that it has been signed by the artist.

Which is why when I see people getting books signed, its more for the personal collection than anything else. which is cool. nothing wrong with that. in fact I have a copy of amazing 36 signed by everyone that worked on the book. that's my personal book and wouldn't sell it.

The reason Gold and Silver often smudge is because the metallic pigment in them dries a lot slower then the average colored sharpie. It's possible to smudge ANY sharpie mark though, so you'll often notice the person signing it, or the seasoned autograph hunter will fan the book so it dries before placing the book into a mylar.

Has anyone thought of getting the "artist figures" like Alex Ross's Kingdom Come and Jim Lee's Hush signed?

And what about for sketches, should you bring art pens or hope the can work with sharpies...?

Do most artists do sketches? If so, do they use sharpies? I ask because last year at WW I spent I only got all the SW sigs, plus a sketch by J.o.Barr(The Crow)

What about the artists in the long lines like Alex Ross and Jim Lee?

most artist do sketches. It all depends on how they are feeling that day. Jim Lee will only do sketches if he says he does cause then he would have to do a sketch for everyone. And that depends on how long his time is at the show or signing.

also bring some cash, cause some of them charge. Oh and also they bring their own pencils and markers.