Toy Biz Marvel Coming Up

JayC

I like the new tweaks Toy Biz has done to some of the figs first shown at Toy Fair.

Iceman's ice paint is exactly what I envisioned a ML Iceman should look like. I love that crystal look. His face still looks a little weird (kinda I, Robot look), but that's just a nitpick. I like the white X-Men belt too.

Before, I wanted Storm to have the white Jim Lee look or her debut "African Queen" costume. But this one doesn't look too bad for what it is. She won't really match into the rest of the ML Jim Lee X-Men, but it's okay. Kinda a mix of X-Men movie Storm with the X's from Jim Lee's white costume.

And Apocalypse now has the big A on his belt. I was hoping they'd do that.

Overall, I like what I see.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've seen from the new pictures Jay uploaded, you can hang Dr. Strange in the wall, you can see a hole in his cape, in the back. I think it's pretty damn great!!!

I also want to know if Apocalypse is the size of Juggernaut.

JOhnny

Dr. Strange looks great! Finally, a figure that has its cape draped around the shoulders. I am getting tired of ALL figures having their capes pulled behind them. Now if only they would make a Batman figure that way... :P

I like the new tweaks Toy Biz has done to some of the figs first shown at Toy Fair.

Iceman's ice paint is exactly what I envisioned a ML Iceman should look like. I love that crystal look. His face still looks a little weird (kinda I, Robot look), but that's just a nitpick. I like the white X-Men belt too.

Before, I wanted Storm to have the white Jim Lee look or her debut "African Queen" costume. But this one doesn't look too bad for what it is. She won't really match into the rest of the ML Jim Lee X-Men, but it's okay. Kinda a mix of X-Men movie Storm with the X's from Jim Lee's white costume.

And Apocalypse now has the big A on his belt. I was hoping they'd do that.

Overall, I like what I see.

The Storm costume IS the Jim Lee look (though, come to think of it, Portacio might actually have designed it). The costume in the books wasn't white, it was either a very glossy black, or possibly a dark metallic look. If you look at Uncanny 281 and X-Men 1, there are several places where it's clearly shown as being darker than things that ARE white, such as Iceman, White Queen's outfit, Storm's hair, etc.

The idea that it's white is just another one of those things that results from the limitations of colouring of the era.

Other than quibbles about the colour, if you actually look at the other details of the costume, you'll note that it's not merely the X's from the Lee costume, but almost all of the other details as well, though they've chosen to paint gold what was depicted as yellow (though I think that in the comics, yellow actually meant yellow for once there, and not gold, as no attempt was made through inking or colouring to make it look metallic).

I can't wait to see the Bullseye. I hope he is in his classic black costume. Every time I see that variant Ghost Rider I want it more. I looks just completely awesome. Nice touch with the glowing bike.

well there are only 4 figures from ML that I want, and thats Iceman, Cable, Deadpool, and Apocalypse. From these pics, i'm very very happy. @firedevil@

Prozac,

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks Iceman's head looks the same cuz everybody else said it looked better but it looks the same to me.

Anyway, I really like Doc Strange, he's really well detailed. Sandman looks really good too, I love the texture in the appendages. He needs to come with swappable hands. I like the mohawk storm but I wish she were in her punk outfit. I REALLY like the Black widow. She looks great but the hips look funny on her. Variant vision looks like an oversized microman figure, but it's still pretty cool. As for Manthing, I think his looks incredible but since I've never followed the comic, I can't get too excited about it or the Ghost Rider figures. I really don't like the blue variant and the motorcycle that comes with it (makes me feel like I'm stuck i a bad episode of that 70's show). Overall, I'm pleased with everything but I kind of expected to see more coming out at SDCC than this. I thought that they were going to have a new Box set but I haven't seen anything about it yet.

Oh Man, just saw a clearer picture of the spidey that's behind Sandman and He looks GREAT! He looks something like an Alex Ross Spidey. I think he may be my new favorite Spidey.

http://www.banned/toybuzz/messages/98655.shtml

Apocalypse looks great! Thanks for the new pics JayC! And an avenger and Bullseye coming up this is great!

And an online retailer on the Fwoosh (Qwiksand of Krypton Collectibles) is now saying that Jesse told him that they would show all of ML9 today....

Things are starting to look up.....

Apocalypse looks great! Thanks for the new pics JayC! And an avenger and Bullseye coming up this is great!

And an online retailer on the Fwoosh (Qwiksand of Krypton Collectibles) is now saying that Jesse told him that they would show all of ML9 today....

Things are starting to look up.....

Wow things certainly are looking up! Thanks for the heads up on that information Nightcrawler!

ML 9!!! Holy shizzit. I hope theres little or no X-Men related characters. I like the X-men and all but theres other Marvel Characters that deserve the ML treatment.

ML 9!!! Holy shizzit. I hope theres little or no X-Men related characters. I like the X-men and all but theres other Marvel Characters that deserve the ML treatment.

Me too, I get a little overwhelmed by all the X-men, especially after Beast has flooded my toy aisles. But Weapon X is a must have!!

I like Iceman, I think that the paint color really sets off this sculpt, it really looks as if he's sculpted out of ice, I just hope he looks this good on my store shelves.

I like Iceman, I think that the paint color really sets off this sculpt, it really looks as if he's sculpted out of ice, I just hope he looks this good on my store shelves.

He does look alot better than the version we first saw!

He does look alot better than the version we first saw!

Thats true the first version of iceman wasn't nearly as good as this one!

WOW there are some really impressive figures comming out.

My favorites go,

1.Sandman- I've been waiting for this guy and toybiz made him I'm so stoked for him.

2.apocalypse- a very impressive villian IMO good to know the arm tubes are back.

3.Scorpion- Another awesome spidey villian that's comming out soon! Man SMC villians are really being kicked up a BIG noch.

4.SC iron man- Really impressed with him and I'll be gettoing him as well as hawkeye and vision for an avengers team.

5.Doc strange- phenominal one of the best looking ML figs.

So far all the new figs are awesome I just hope there is gonna be more to see from ML9. Bullseye!!! @firedevil@