Desert Set Rules!

knightbymoonlight

Snake Eyes v.4 in black! HELL YES. Check the SDCC pics to see the set. I don't give a damn who else is in the set, I want it just for that. I know most fans are sick of him, but I can never get enough Snake Eyes repaints and since I missed out on Night Fighter Guile I have been DYING to get this one in black!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to argue, but I must disagree about this set. This is easily the worst TRU pack yet. It makes Night Force look like the Infantry pack. The paint apps are horrible. It has too many molds we've already seen waaay too much of. Very disappointing.

Whether we have seen them or not, i'm really digging them! Seems to be some part swapping going on with these though. Why did they make Dusty the Lowlight v3 mold with Stretchers head? Grrrrr v3 Dusty would have been better. Love the SE and Tunnel Rat.

Draven #US1#

Eew. I'm not impressed. This is the desert set?

First of all having desert camoflage PANTS doesn't really work, if you don't do the top as well. Why don't Snake Eyes and Tunnel Rat just paint big targets on their heads.

And Tunnel Rat AGAIN? Who are the others? Stalker? Is the supposed to be Low-Light or Ambush? Lifeline or Side Swipe (or Stretcher)?

And who is the 6th guy?

I'm actully glad we're getting desert joes. When you look through the specialties of Joe figures, you don't find enough dedicated desert troopers besides Dusty (though plenty of figures have gotten desert-oriented color schemes).

That SE is nice, but I'd like to have seen him in either dark pants or a desert torso. He'd make a nice desert-cave fighter in all dark colors. I could really see him clearing caves in Afghanistan. @ohyeah@

And I wonder if that's Ambush, Outback, or the Brawler. Maybe it's not any of them.

Personally, I like the paint apps. I especially like the dusty look to the boots. Hope the actual product has those kinds of touches. Guess we'll see...

One thing I do wish we knew though was what type of weapons are included. Who wants to bet on the odds of at least one Tomax/ Xamot pistol, a Firefly backpack, and a Firefly phone. @haha@

#US1#

maybe i'm just critical because i've had enough experience with it to know what desert camo is supposed to look like. i don't like these guys. if i buy em, it'll be to part em out for customs. i really can't stand getting another tunnel rat. and, although i like the mold, do we really need a desert ninja in snake eyes? yeah, the dusty looking boots are cool, but why are they wearing black boots anyway? *looks down at feet* no black boots here. i know Joe's not realistic, but it should at least make sense. overall, i'm disappointed.

OMG!

I freakin' HATE the color teal now! What the hell is up with that?!?

Glad to see the SE v4 mold, but I hate that look for him. Firstly, I'm no big fan of desert themes to begin with. Second, that damn teal! At any rate, here's to hoping that we'll see it again in decent colors.

And hopefully, they'll use the rest of that Stalker v2 mold (at least that looks like the v2 head) sometime soon in the future, cause that's best Stalker mold ever made.

And finally, the camo pattern is pretty decent. Pretty well done.

And just a little OT, but after checking out the other pics from SDCC, I noticed that the VAMP w/WHIRLWIND has weapons for its included figures, or at least Pathfinder's gear is included.

Pretty cool.

I think on thing this set suggests is that the number of 'Clean' RAH molds still availble to Hasbro may be even less than we've previously thought, why else is almost every mold one used in the ARAH series or previous 6-packs?

Personally I think the reason we're not getting the Dusty V3 mold again is may well be because Funschool now has it (like several ARAH molds).

I have no clue who number 6 is

Do we actaully know its to be a 6-Pack and not a 5-Pack?

I rather like this set Myself, its not the pinacle of GiJoe military realism, but its not an eyesore, and I'll have a decent sized Desert Joe Squad to pit against my myriad Snad Vipers. I suspect that I'll use them all (except Tunnel Rat) as new characters though.

I've got no complaints about Tunnel Rat: as long as the detail deco remains this good and the overall scheme is fairly nice then I don't have an enormous problem, though I suspect I'll just have to accept that his origional equipment molds are gone.

I do wonder why they didn't add a desert Deco'd Low Light V1 though: they DO have that mold they've, not released it recently and it was in good enough condition to use for the abandoned Walmart exclusives. I wonder if they have other plans for that figure.

nope cant say that I like this set. I'll pick 2 up, one to open and one to keep MOC, but this sets pushing it. I hope the last mold blows me away, or that they slightly change before being made. #US1#

However, the VAMP, barely pictured above it, does look cool.

This set looks AWFUL. Why can't they just release a set of figures painted to look cool? Just paint them in classic colors. Wouldn't you rather have that Snake Eyes figure all black?

And they completely botched the Vamp. Instead of going back to the original mold, the new Vamp is actually a repainted Desert Striker. It's got the new hood, rear end, and roll bar from the Desert Striker. It doesn't look bad, but that vehicle is not the Vamp (nevermind that it comes with the 3 oddest figures ever)..

Eew. I'm not impressed. This is the desert set?

First of all having desert camoflage PANTS doesn't really work, if you don't do the top as well. Why don't Snake Eyes and Tunnel Rat just paint big targets on their heads.

And Tunnel Rat AGAIN? Who are the others? Stalker? Is the supposed to be Low-Light or Ambush? Lifeline or Side Swipe (or Stretcher)?

And who is the 6th guy?

My thoughts exactly.

This set looks AWFUL. Why can't they just release a set of figures painted to look cool? Just paint them in classic colors. Wouldn't you rather have that Snake Eyes figure all black?

And they completely botched the Vamp. Instead of going back to the original mold, the new Vamp is actually a repainted Desert Striker. It's got the new hood, rear end, and roll bar from the Desert Striker. It doesn't look bad, but that vehicle is not the Vamp (nevermind that it comes with the 3 oddest figures ever)..

Well that's apparently the closest we'll get, and I think the twin gun makes up for the VAMP itself; to me at least.

Well that's apparently the closest we'll get, and I think the twin gun makes up for the VAMP itself; to me at least.

The "whirl wind" definitely makes that set

I think the twin gun makes up for the VAMP itself; to me at least.

The "whirl wind" definitely makes that set

Guys, you do realize you can get an original Whirl Wind complete for less than $5 on ebay. How does reissuing a toy that most collectors don't care about make the set good?

And the guy making those desert customs is a genius. Why can't Hasbro make a set like that? Aren't they embarrassed that a fan painting by hand can make something that blows their crappy set away?