Motu Pics

JayC

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically its become official that these were just for show and not going to get made according to He-Man.org.

In my opinion I look as it as Mattel spitting in the face of MOTU Fans.

Thats not what was said, rumors like that cause problems. We just need to continue to support MOTU and call Mattel.

So basically its become official that these were just for show and not going to get made according to He-Man.org.

No, not at all its offical that Mattel is shopping the line around. If there are no takers then there is no line, its as simple as that.

No, not at all its offical that Mattel is shopping the line around. If there are no takers then there is no line, its as simple as that.

I hope that at least one major chain pics up the line, but most of them got burned on the line the last time!! So let's keep are fingers crossed, because I know that if Mattel got a second chance with MOTU, they would ensure that it would be a major hit!!

Do you really think Mattel can learn from their mistakes? Of course it doesn't matter much to me anymore because I'm not really as mad as I was when Mattel did the f*cking up part. If Mattel is actually going to give it their all this time and do things the way it should have been done then I'm all for it. But will major U.S. retailers be as forgiving?

You guys don't seem to understand. Mattel has spoken, but untill or IF a retailer(s) actually picks up the line there is nothing more to say. I also think Mattel is learning. I am starting to see improvement on the case assortments with other lines like Batman & JL, and from what I saw at San Deigo we are gonna get more variety and even more articulation with their JL and Batman lines.

Now do I think a retailer is gonna give MOTU a second chance, well that I don't know. I honestly believe this is a sound line and has potential to be succesful to whatever retailer were to pick it up, however the toy market is very tuff and there aren't alot of second chances, so we will just have to see what happens. I think if maybe they start out with a few etailers or specialty stores like maybe suncoast and they start to sell real well then that might peak the interest of the larger retailers like TRU, Target and Wal-Mart, but only time will tell. But believe me, if Mattel does get a buyer and once all the t's are crossed and i's dotted I gurantee we will hear something. Untill then we will have to just be patient and keep our fingers crossed.

Well if Aldi's is willing to buy enough cases that it would make it cost effective to go ahead with production of these figures then im sure that Mattel would stick with them.

Well if Aldi's is willing to buy enough cases that it would make it cost effective to go ahead with production of these figures then im sure that Mattel would stick with them.

We'll never know but Aldi's was the only "store" to carry the Snakemen figures and those sold out like crazy...

Funny cause no other store carried them and a small grocery store carries them and they sell out... MOTU @ TRU, WM and Target still sit on the pegs...

The difference between those Snakemen figures you found at Aldi's and some etailers and these new figures shown at SDCC is that Mattel had already made a decent number of those Snakemen figures with the intention of them being sold at places like Target, Wal-Mart and TRU, but then they lost the retailer support before they could actually get them on the shelves at those places. So at the point Mattel was just tring to get rid of that already produced product anywhere they could, they had already spent the money to have them made, so im sure they were willing to give those places pretty good discounts. Mattel was probably lucky if they even recouped their costs on those and the repaints like Mek-a-nek don't even sell very well. They were on discount at booths in San Diego for $5.

With these figs at SD, Mattel has not made anything yet and probably wont unless a buyer or buyers are willing to commit to enough to make it worth while. A small chain like Aldis is probably not going to be able to do that, at least no on their own. So again the question is will a big retailer or enough small ones step in and buy enough that will make it cost effective to go into production with these? Thats the million dollar question that at this point no one (not even Mattel) has an answer for, and thats why there are no concrete answers at this point.

The problem with past case assortments especially with smaller places is that no one wants the repaints or variants. So you take a case that has say a Zodac and Fisto figure in it and the rest are repaints and variants. Sure the Fisto and Zodac will sell like hotcakes but not the other figures. So then the retailer has to try and jack the cost on the figures that sell to make the money back on the ones that dont.

Hasbro had a similar problem with Star Wars a few years back, but they seemed to have improved on that and hopefully Mattel will to, if someone gives it another try.

Hasbro has some of the best ratios I've seen in toylines. The thing they do right is holdovers. If they put a figure like Demolisher in wave 3 along with Snowcat and Starscream, who were also in wave 2, when wave 4 rolls around, they'll keep demolisher in it and maybe move out Starscream for a new figure. Having the same figure in multiple assortments is a great idea for popular figures. But you also have to know when to pull that figure so he doesn't end up like the millions of He-mans and Spider-mans on pegs.

Hasbro has some of the best ratios I've seen in toylines. The thing they do right is holdovers. If they put a figure like Demolisher in wave 3 along with Snowcat and Starscream, who were also in wave 2, when wave 4 rolls around, they'll keep demolisher in it and maybe move out Starscream for a new figure. Having the same figure in multiple assortments is a great idea for popular figures. But you also have to know when to pull that figure so he doesn't end up like the millions of He-mans and Spider-mans on pegs.

now maybe but if you collected star wars during the E1 days you would not be feeling thr same way.

If the line is picked up, I belive it will be picked by the likes of Newbury Comics, Tower records, and Suncoast. Which may not be a bad thing. Newbury comics has been selling the Snakemen wave for a while now, and the one near me still gets new cases every once in a while. The figs may cost a bit more at these little chains($12-15?) but its better than nothing right?

If the figures are brought back to the U.S. at almost twenty bucks per figure I'll have to say no to them. The figures are only worth six to seven bucks. I don't think upping the price will attract many collectors to buy them. Since I'm never going to see MotU in another retail store they might as well make MotU mother f*cking online exclusives just to drive a nail into the coffin of collectors like me who don't have the cash to be ordering off of online retailers.

I don't like how heman.org mentions that fans should write to mattel about it.

if mattel needs fans advice on what decisions need to be made then the line is royally screwed like jenna jamison. i don't think, as a fan, that i should basically DO SOMEONE ELSE'S JOB FOR THEM for free.

that's crap. if they need other people to tell them what they should do then they don't need to be in a position to make decisions.

• 6 months later...

As far as the statues go I must say that 4H did an awesome job with them. If we can't get any more figures I think these statues will fit into the line great. I can't wait till they come out. If you want to see the pics of Grizzlor and Stinkor go check the MOTU forum here at TNI.

As far as the statues go I must say that 4H did an awesome job with them. If we can't get any more figures I think these statues will fit into the line great. I can't wait till they come out. If you want to see the pics of Grizzlor and Stinkor go check the MOTU forum here at TNI.

Hey SKYWARP...

Do you know how much these will cost?

As far as the statues go I must say that 4H did an awesome job with them.  If we can't get any more figures I think these statues will fit into the line great.  I can't wait till they come out.  If you want to see the pics of Grizzlor and Stinkor go check the MOTU forum here at TNI.

Hey SKYWARP...

Do you know how much these will cost?

I'm not SKYWARP, but the MSRP is not set in stone. NECA is striving for $14.99

yeah 14.99 would be extremely nice. I was thinking they would be 20 (and after all said and done it would be more like 25) but 14.99 would be swell