Motu Pics

JayC

The reason they use old parts since it is impossible to have a series of new figs since the company has to make money using old molds to make a profit.

Precisely, and you are absoloutely right. Why would Mattel drop a whole bunch more money on these when they don't even know how well they'll sell the second time around. Heck they don't even know which store is going to be carrying them yet. They need to gauge how many fans they've abandoned who aren't going to be coming back to MOTU. Only then do I think we will start seeing mor significant retools and brand new designs. Honestly, so far I'm happy with even these retools.

I think Clawful is the best out of the toys we've seen. Is it me or is She-ra going to be a reg fig as well. I mean the pic next to the figs, has a modern she-ra. Maybe this she-ra will have plastic hair and a new body w/o any trace of teelaness.

There's been a lot of speculation since that pic of the proto at SDCC was shown. Many people think that the plastic/sculpted hair will be a regular widespread release of the rooted hair exclusive.

I'm not really sure if it'll happen or not, but it would be nice for those of us who were unable to get the exclusive. Although the rooted hair looks way better than the sculpted.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did everyone here go and show support for MOTU???

Yes.

I dressed up as He-man, JayC as She-Ra and together we gave birth to a new corporate love child for Mattel called He-Ra. Look for the newest toyline He-Ra and the Masters of the Crib coming to a Toys R' Us near you in early 2007.

Did everyone here go and show support for MOTU???

I signed the He-Man.Org petition awhile back.....which didn't do much good for the U.S. If U.S. stores started carrying MotU figures again I would go and get more but I'm not going to hold my breath hoping that it will happen. If MotU does come back to the U.S. lets just say I will be pleasantly surprised but it isn't very likely to happen.

Hopefully if the big chain store refuse to carry He-Man, Then Mattel will just lump these and other He-Man figures into She-Ra packaging. From what ive observed with management at those bigger chains, I doubt they have that great of a power of observation to notice the name change or packaging style to say no. Just a thought.

Those figure do ROCK big time, I sure hope the make their way to retail someday soon along with the snakemen figures i missed out on.

As long as they get it out there, then I;m happy.

I personally like the molded hair She-ra more than the rooted hair one. I was extremely disappointed when they announced the change to rooted hair (those first pics of the rooted hair version didn't look nearly as good as she turned out). I thought they were nuts. However, if there plan was to release molded hair She-ra as a mass release and have the rooted hair one as a nice exclusive (sorta a nod to the original fig) then I think that its an inspired move.

With the Hordak Bust Sold out do you think Mattel has got the picture that there is a huge Demand for MOTU in the US?

Hopefully, but the busts are kinda targeted to a different fan base than just the figures alone, I mean, a lotta people bought those because they were produced in limited quanities, unlike retail figs.

With the Hordak Bust Sold out do you think Mattel has got the picture that there is a huge Demand for MOTU in the US?

Hopefully, but the busts are kinda targeted to a different fan base than just the figures alone, I mean, a lotta people bought those because they were produced in limited quanities, unlike retail figs.

That's true

Does this line have a new brand manager at Mattel? Sometimes a fresh face can get the ball rolling again. I look at the JLU line and see the large strides that they have made with that line and hope they can generate the same type of excitement with this line. Is the cartoon still airing anywhere. I haven't seen it in a while.

Bizarro Fett, Justice League Unlimited premieres on July 31 on Cartoon Network.

If Mattel is bringing in someone new to produce MotU I hope that person actually can think. MotU needs to be brought back to U.S retail if Mattel wants to earn back the respect of the U.S collectors they screwed in the @ss.

I think that Mattel will be more actively pushing MOTU because with Barbie's sagging sales, they really need to get into the boys market. I think they are beginning to understand that the strategies they used with girl's lines like

Barbie aren't going to work with boys...at least I hope they realize this by now as I think that's what got them into trouble before (ie: releasing endless variants of He-man being similar to them releasing endless variants of Barbie).

Bizarro Fett, Justice League Unlimited premieres on July 31 on Cartoon Network.

If Mattel is bringing in someone new to produce MotU I hope that person actually can think. MotU needs to be brought back to U.S retail if Mattel wants to earn back the respect of the U.S collectors they screwed in the @ss.

I hope he or she can think to especially about case ratios.

So basically its become official that these were just for show and not going to get made according to He-Man.org.

In my opinion I look as it as Mattel spitting in the face of MOTU Fans.

That hasn't been said. Give Mattel some time. We will hear something eventually and I am sure it will be good news.

Faith in Mattel is really hard to come by these days. They are really going to have to earn the respect they lost when they totally f*cked up. If memory serves me well Mattel did hire a new staff in 2003 to over see the production of MotU and it was that same staff that killed it for the U.S.