Motu Pics

JayC

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets write a petiton to Walmart, TRU, and Target!

To see if they will accept them back! :)

Lets right a petiton to Walmart, TRU, and Target!

shoot, just distribute them to Sams, BJ's, Costco, or any other wholesale club if nothing else works.

Lets right a petiton to Walmart, TRU, and Target!

shoot, just distribute them to Sams, BJ's, Costco, or any other wholesale club if nothing else works.

I agree I would buy them any where!

Even though, I would to see them come back to Walmart, TRU, and Target!

;)

I think this is the best idea. the He-store is another great place too. As long as the case ratios are really well thought out, the line has a very good chance at working out well.

Maybe Aldi's will carry them again for Christmas. I wouldn't mind if the He-Store carried them or if they turned into comic shop exclusives. I would be willing to pay $10-$15 if I knew I could have a Hordak, the remaining Snakemen, Sorceress and Clawful.

Because on-line petitions are so reliable, and they get things done.

Tom

Well, I don't generally believe in petitions but He-man.org petition may have helped to contribute to Mattel giving the line another chance. I mean, something helped bring them around.

Seems that stinkor is a modifed stratos(like how Trikops is a modifed heman w/ sharper muscle) Also, Clamp still has fisto's armor. I guess the company is lazy to redesign unique armor unlike before...e.g vintage roboto, man-e, and trapjaw have the same legs, yet for the recent line, they have new legs different from each other based on the old design.

As long as we get Hordak so way some how, I don't mind how they do this. Hell they could marlet the line as She-Ra Princess of Power and I'd gladly and proudly buy all the figures! If anything can save this line, it's She-Ra for sure....and do away with that aweful short-packing.

Seems that stinkor is a modifed stratos(like how Trikops is a modifed heman w/ sharper muscle)  Also, Clamp still has fisto's armor.  I guess the company is lazy to redesign unique armor unlike before...e.g vintage roboto, man-e, and trapjaw have the same legs, yet for the recent line, they have new legs different from each other based on the old design.

They aren't any more lazy then anyu other toy company. @hmmm@ '

INFACT, at least they are changing the figures up a bit, other toy companies just do straight repaints of the exact same mold. We can't harp on Mattel for using old parts.

Hell, Hasbro uses parts from old figures all the time in GiJoe

As long as we get Hordak so way some how, I don't mind how they do this. Hell they could marlet the line as She-Ra Princess of Power and I'd gladly and proudly buy all the figures! If anything can save this line, it's She-Ra for sure....and do away with that aweful short-packing.

So you think She-Ra alone would be able to save this line ? Interesting interpretation but I'm not too sure how you came to that standpoint.

the only thing I've considered is that POP would also cater to females. Is that what you thought as well ? Just curious

Seems that stinkor is a modifed stratos(like how Trikops is a modifed heman w/ sharper muscle)  Also, Clamp still has fisto's armor.  I guess the company is lazy to redesign unique armor unlike before...e.g vintage roboto, man-e, and trapjaw have the same legs, yet for the recent line, they have new legs different from each other based on the old design.

They aren't any more lazy then anyu other toy company. @hmmm@ '

INFACT, at least they are changing the figures up a bit, other toy companies just do straight repaints of the exact same mold. We can't harp on Mattel for using old parts.

Thats true Gradius. I don't even care these figures get better every time I look at them!

I didn't mean it like that since I know the reason why they are doing simple head and loin cloth changes. i didn't mean to offend you, but it was a surpise to see. I mean Clamp chop was a suprise since it is fisto with a new head and different loin cloth. My theory of them doing less of a retool than before is because the sales in the US. I mean it seems that they are testing the water by spending less money which is alright.

If MOTU does get back into retail I'm not going to be suprised if Mattel screws up again.

See? This is the kind of reaction and negativity we don't need. We have to keep the faith that Mattel have righted their past wrongs.

The reason they use old parts since it is impossible to have a series of new figs since the company has to make money using old molds to make a profit.

Precisely, and you are absoloutely right. Why would Mattel drop a whole bunch more money on these when they don't even know how well they'll sell the second time around. Heck they don't even know which store is going to be carrying them yet. They need to gauge how many fans they've abandoned who aren't going to be coming back to MOTU. Only then do I think we will start seeing mor significant retools and brand new designs. Honestly, so far I'm happy with even these retools.

if the retailers pick this up, mattel should just start all over with the first wave of motu figures from 2002, but incorporate some of this new stuff.

also, the best way to get the retailers to listen is to write and bring these toys to their attention as well as the demand.

if the retailers pick this up, mattel should just start all over with the first wave of motu figures from 2002, but incorporate some of this new stuff.

also, the best way to get the retailers to listen is to write and bring these toys to their attention as well as the demand.

I don't really like that plan since that doesn't bode well for MOTU collectors who already have most of the old stuff. Plus if they did it that way we'd see more of the same problems with the emergence of old shelf warmers like he-man and skeletor variants being restocked on the shelves.

The best way for Mattel to go about it, is to pick and choose certain older figures and re-incorporate A FEW in with the new case assortments or waves. Re-package them in Snakemen packaging or what not, which it appears from the ORG they are already doing with the likes of Buzzoff, etc. That way still the vast majority of the figs on the shelf are new while only 1 or 2 are old releases.

The reason they use old parts since it is impossible to have a series of new figs since the company has to make money using old molds to make a profit.

Precisely, and you are absoloutely right. Why would Mattel drop a whole bunch more money on these when they don't even know how well they'll sell the second time around. Heck they don't even know which store is going to be carrying them yet. They need to gauge how many fans they've abandoned who aren't going to be coming back to MOTU. Only then do I think we will start seeing mor significant retools and brand new designs. Honestly, so far I'm happy with even these retools.

I think Clawful is the best out of the toys we've seen. Is it me or is She-ra going to be a reg fig as well. I mean the pic next to the figs, has a modern she-ra. Maybe this she-ra will have plastic hair and a new body w/o any trace of teelaness.

I would be happy if they gave new sculpts or poa to:

He-man-already the original 2002 one is outdated since he is not that buff. Also, he is the protagious

Skelator-main antagious and would be dumb if heman only have more poa since I love the skelator and think the sculpt is amazing.

Teel-a-main female character. I don't like the small arms, big head thing going on. Would love a more portional female figure.

The rest of the figs are amazing w/o the extra joints so they don't need to be work on.