Motu Pics

JayC

Ok here is the scoop on MOTU. Mattel is activly shopping this line to retailers again so its just a matter of whether any are willing to pick up the line. Hopefully someone even if its a small retailer will pick it up and it will grow from that. Mattel seems to be learning from its mistakes with case assortments as we are seeing better disb with Batman so keep your fingers crossed.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here is the scoop on MOTU. Mattel is activly shopping this line to retailers again so its just a matter of whether any are willing to pick up the line. Hopefully someone even if its a small retailer will pick it up and it will grow from that. Mattel seems to be learning from its mistakes with case assortments as we are seeing better disb with Batman so keep your fingers crossed.

Well to me that's not a HUGE frickin' surprise. A huge surprise would be Mattel telling us that they have a store down pat that will be carrying the line once again. This is actually pretty disappointing for me, after seeing all these great figures yesterday we STILL don't know if they'll ever see the light of day over here.

I'm really hoping that TRU Canada selling Snakemen figs is a sign that they may carry the line in the future. Hopefully Mattel doesn't blow it with them again, keep TRU happy !

I want TRU to get it for the sole reason that if KB or Target or Walgreen's (or any other cmaler chain) then I and all the rest of Canadians are screwed. None of those stores exist here.

I was just thinking... If Mattel was smart then they would sell the new MOTU figures in 4 or 6 packs...

They did that with the re-issues of 4 old figures and at least this way everyone wouldn't have to worry about scalpers and you would be able to get all 4 or all 6 figures at once...

I was just thinking... If Mattel was smart then they would sell the new MOTU figures in 4 or 6 packs...

They did that with the re-issues of 4 old figures and at least this way everyone wouldn't have to worry about scalpers and you would be able to get all 4 or all 6 figures at once...

OR, the scalpers would just scoop up all the 4 or 6 packs and we wouldn't be able to get/find any @haha@

OR, the scalpers would just scoop up all the 4 or 6 packs and we wouldn't be able to get/find any @haha@

I don't think they would cause when Mattel released the original figures in the 4 packs before... Scalpers barely touched em...

It's at least better than opening a case with 2 new figures and 4 of He-Man...

Ok so with them shopping the line around is there any concideration of reairing the show or maybe continuing from season 3 on a broadcast network like fox or WB along with CN. Any kind of indication it will continue.

Although I'm just taking out my @ss, i really can't see the cartoon continuing. I think the line will be kind of like GiJoe and mainly be supported by collectors and the comic book.

I am really very impressed with Mattel, they realize their past mistakes and are stting out to correct them, I'm glad that they have faith that MOTU can be profitable in North America, hmmm, now if only retailers will think the same. Target, are you listening??

PS: Remember GI Joe did go on a four a five year hiatus, and now it's back and selling like hotcakes, maybe the same thing's in store for MOTU?

I hate to be mr. negativity here, since on most things I am fairly positive, but I don't really see Mattel getting U.S. stores to start carrying MotU again. The stores got burned by Mattel's $hitty distribution style and you think they will want to try with Mattel again?

I really like the MotU figures and all and I really want them to come back to the U.S. but I'm looking at this whole new figures thing not showing up in the U.S. with some logic.

I hate to be mr. negativity here, since on most things I am fairly positive, but I don't really see Mattel getting U.S. stores to start carrying MotU again.      The stores got burned by Mattel's $hitty

That is a possibility, All Mattel can do at this point is try, its up to a retailer to be willing to take the risk on the line again, and there is no way to know that untill it actually happens. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed and show as much support that there is demand for this product as we can.

I hate to be mr. negativity here, since on most things I am fairly positive, but I don't really see Mattel getting U.S. stores to start carrying MotU again.       The stores got burned by Mattel's $hitty

That is a possibility, All Mattel can do at this point is try, its up to a retailer to be willing to take the risk on the line again, and there is no way to know that untill it actually happens. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed and show as much support that there is demand for this product as we can.

I agree, I don't know how succesfull Mattel will actually be, but so far I have to give them an "E" for effort. Whether it be the, in my opinion, strong presence at SDCC or the Snakemen figs showing up at Canadian TRU's they are clearly trying to fix there mistakes. Give Mattel a bit more time and let's see how they do, I'm hoping that they have indeed learned from their past mistakes.

Jay's right, showing interest and demand for the product is key. If Mattel see's a positive reaction from the fandom it'll give them more of an incentive to go ahead with this. If what they've shown at SDCC is met with a negative reaction (which it certainly hasn't) then Mattel may just put everything on the back burner once again.

well i loved every one of the new figs, if and when they get these out into the market, I'll gladly accept these into my collection. #US1#

Jay's right, showing interest and demand for the product is key. If Mattel see's a positive reaction from the fandom it'll give them more of an incentive to go ahead with this. If what they've shown at SDCC is met with a negative reaction (which it certainly hasn't) then Mattel may just put everything on the back burner once again.

Positve reaction, eh?

Here's one....

YES!!!!

I'd die a happy MOTU fan if I could only buy Clawful, but I'd cheat death if I can to get the rest of those figures too!

@yipee@