Official Dc Topic

Ren

DC Direct figures:

Crisis wave 1:

Earth 2 Robin is too early to judge.

Psycho Pirate looks really good.

Hush wave 2:

Harlequin’s mallet and gun appear to be sculpted in her hands like in wave 1, which is really bad. I also still think Harlequin’s costume’s ears should have articulation so you can move the ears up or down.

Nightwing’s weapons also appear to be stuck in his hands, which is really bad.

Riddler looks way better than his other prototype. His legs need to be closer together, to look less awkward. They need to fix his left hand so it isn’t always pointing, or at least add articulation to it, so he can still make a fist. Again I hope Riddler’s cane is removable, or else that would suck.

Catwoman is pretty good. I don’t like that costume very much, but what are you going to do? That’s all she wore during the story. The whip looks removable, but I can’t be sure.

Maybe it’s the angle, but Superman’s head sculpt appears to have changed for the worse. I could be wrong though.

I read on a lot of message boards that people passed on the Joker, Huntress, and Hush from wave 1 just because the weapons were stuck to their hands. So having sculpted on to the hands weapons will greatly reduce the sales of wave 2, which is why they really need to fix it.

Alex Ross wave 1:

Superman actually looks pretty good. I’ll buy it.

Sinestro looks really good too. No complaints.

Ross Flash looks too fat.

Cheetah is just really bad. I hate this interpretation with all the big black stitches on the costume. The whole figure would have to be redone.

So far we’ve gotten two normal white faced Bizarro figures ever. Then we get this unnecessary interpretation. When will we get a square white faced Bizarro Superman? I mean he’s one of Superman’s top five greatest villains, yet we still have yet to have a figure of the classic interpretation of him.

Modern Teen Titans Wave 1 and 2:

Robin looks way better than the prototype. Little worried about if the pole staff is removable or not.

The Deathstroke figure looks pretty weird. His Head and feet are disproportionate to the rest of his body.

Everybody else in the line looks great.

Mattel Comic Batman line:

The Scarecrow and Bane 6 inch scale prototypes have really bad paint apps, but I’m sure final product will be fine.

I think that super articulated Batman, with that color scheme, would look better with the yellow oval bat symbol.

The Batman wave 2 and 3:

That’s an interesting interpretation of Man-Bat, yet still pretty accurate. It’s really cool and I like it.

I had a hard time telling who the next villain with a jet pack is, but I think it might be a very bad interpretation of Fire Fly. There are two main things wrong with it. The color scheme and the lack of his flame thrower.

I have no idea who the big red guy is, but he does look cool.

New Justice League figures:

Looks like there’ll be a battle damage wave. Battle damage figures never sell. Bad call on Mattal’s part.

Why does Dr. Fate have a burning woman symbol as a weapon? Is he a sexist? Otherwise the figure looks great.

Green Arrow looks really great, probably the best new JL figure.

Atom looks ok, but is a kinda obvious retool.

Aquaman’s prototype looks very cheaply made, I’m sure the final will be fine though.

Brainiac is pretty cool but I would have preferred a different villain before him.

Amazo looks pretty plain. A very simple retool. They should add the Hawkgirl wings and mace, maybe chrome paint and then he would be cool.

Is invisible Martian Manhunter really necessary? Couldn’t you just not use a Martian Manhunter figure when he’s invisible? I’d much rather have a transparent but still painted Martian Manhunter figure before this.

Still too many heroes and not enough villains in this line. At very least, they need to make figures of Vandal Savage, Mongul, Gorilla Grodd, and the rest of the Injustice Gang. Put them in two packs or box sets if they don’t think they’ll sell, but they have to release them.

Sorry for the long post btw.

Man DCD your killing me! Those teen titans figures look way better then the prototype. Hush Nightwig, CAtowman, Harley quinn, and riddiler will be mine! MAttel was the big shocker, JLU toys! oh I think I sadly just pissed my pants.

That Alex Ross Bizarro looks really bizarre :P , I like it!

JOhnny

I know, the hairline's a crackup, that will look awesome standing next to the Alex Ross Superman!!

How come the regular size Bane is missing Osaito, his teddy bear, does this mean that didn't make production?!?!?!? :unsure:

HUSH!

Catwoman and Nightwing llok awesome! Harkey lloks great too, but I wish she'd have extra hands.

I agree!

Nightwing looks amazing! So does Harley Quinn, and Catwoman!

A strange thing too some of the Justice League memebers have sensible varients! (Martian Manhunter Clear version, and Battle Damaged Bats and Supes!) Dr. Fate does look great, same with Green Arrow and Braniac.

Man-Bat's an albino. O_o

Anyway... Did DCD confirm Harley/Nightwing won't have none weapon hands? 'because that'll be the only thing holding me back.

I never wanted to get into the animated figures, but DAMN. That Green Arrow and Fate look good.

Batman line is dead to me over all. I don't like the paint sceme on the new possible one, if they make it in black I'll pick it up. The Scarecrow will be mine though. Bane perhaps, but Scarecrow I will hunt down.

No Teen Titan PVCs were shown? =(

I definitely am going to need to get a second job just to pay for toys!

The Crisis figures are off the hook! Psycho Pirate is perfect and that Earth-2 Robin is one I've wanted to see done for years.

The JLU line is making me want to start collecting JL figures again. Dr Fate, Green Arrow, Atom!! Wow...I never though that I would see these characters in a mainstream line, much less on TV.

The Four Horsemen have outdone themselves on the Batman comic line. The Super-articulated Batman has been a long tome in coming. Mattel has finally listened to us, the fans. Bane and Scarecrow will look sweet on my shelves when placed with the rest of the Rogues Gallery so far. I also understand that the bases (yes, bases) that come with these figures will make these the best Batman toys ever.

The Batman animated style line has piqued my curiosity. With three villans (FireFly, ManBat, and Bane) in the next assortment, I may break down and start collecting this series as well.

That Alex Ross Bizarro looks really bizarre :P , I like it!

JOhnny

I know, the hairline's a crackup, that will look awesome standing next to the Alex Ross Superman!!

How come the regular size Bane is missing Osaito, his teddy bear, does this mean that didn't make production?!?!?!? :unsure:

Did anyone ask Mattel where Bane's teddy bear is on the 1:1 Scale fig??

Batman line is dead to me over all. I don't like the paint sceme on the new possible one, if they make it in black I'll pick it up. The Scarecrow will be mine though. Bane perhaps, but Scarecrow I will hunt down.

dont worry their's another 2 bats which are articulated one of thems bound to be black

Well I am hoping that the Alex Ross Collection helps fill out some missing members of my JLA, Like Martian Manhunter and Hawkman. I am not paying thru the nose on ebay for either. so thats my hope.

Also there are rumors surfacing of a Modern JSA. (fingers crossed.) Heres the link to a reliable source from the DC Direct Message Boards

http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/web/message...=action_figures