Reason You're Not Going To The Comic-con

Ren

For me, the budget wouldn't allow it. What's your reason?? Visa get banned, couldn't pass airport security, thought you could pay your admission with pizza coupons, etc. Lastly, are you gonna try and make it next year?? #US1#

I guess I live about 3000 miles from San Diego. I was going to go to the Mid-Ohio con but I can't. I have friends that are going to Chicago. I might have enough money next year to go there.

It's not worth it to go.

1. West Coast comic prices are always higher then East Coast prices. I have friends on the West Coast who are shocked at what I pay for books at cons.

2. I can see all the cool stuff online without the noise/smell/sight of sweaty fanboys. The joys of the digital age.

3. I can read the highlights of most talks(Someone please transcribe the discussion with the toy companies.) online, saving myself hours of sitting and listening.

Only down side is I miss out on all the free stuff, but with three boxes full of stickers/buttons/posters from past cons I really don't need anymore.

None of the con exclusives really thrill me. Sure it would be cool to own She Ra, unmasked Batman, or Red X Robin, but I don't need them.

Saveing all my cash to go to Star Wars Celeberation 3, proably won't go to SDCC 2005 either for that same reason....but in 2006. Im there dude.

another reason im not going....hope to see ya there next year rama sha

Yeah......When it gets closer will have to start a thread in the Star Wars area and see who is all going and maybe we can all meet up.

course my wife as short attention span for geek talk, so I might not get to hang out as much as I'd like. LOL!

I live outside the United States @loll@ , but I was planning a trip with a couple of friends, and they backed out @hmmm@ @grumpy@ Mike Bock @hmmm@ @grumpy@ @smilepunch@

JOhnny