2005 Convention

cmderinchief

Open invitations to Fred, Draven, Toiletmonkey, Alyosha, Firestongue, Asian Chazz, Superfly, or anyone else who's willing to go to the convention (and I like you, of course @hmmm@) ... If I go, you can always stay with me free of charge! @bounce@

(P.S. If you stayed with me at this year's convention, naturally you can come again...)

Hell, so long as he doesn't get all morally preachy with me, even Roy can stay in my room @wink@

Tom

so when will you know if you officially can go. #US1#

Open invitations to Fred, Draven, Toiletmonkey, Alyosha, Firestongue, Asian Chazz, Superfly, or anyone else who's willing to go to the convention (and I like you, of course @hmmm@) ... If I go, you can always stay with me free of charge! @bounce@

(P.S. If you stayed with me at this year's convention, naturally you can come again...)

Hell, so long as he doesn't get all morally preachy with me, even Roy can stay in my room @wink@

Tom

My house is about less than 15 minutes from where the Convention is gonna be held so I won't be needing a hotel stay unless beer is gonna be involved and strippers @smilepunch@ .

You're so off the list, fake Chazz @grumpy@

Tom

Can I still come and party though? I'll bring the beer.

Better yet, howz bout I take any of you willing gents to one of Minneapolis finest "gentlemens club" ;)

All I have to say is F--- it, I'm going. The Marriott is not too far away from me. I can't wait. There are plenty of hotels in the area, so you guys shouldn't have a problem finding one, especially a cheaper one. Go to Hotwire or Orbitz and you should be able to get a good rate. Another good thing is that there is now a light rail line that operates from near the airport to downtown Minneapolis. By the convention time next year, it will go out to the MOA so you guys could find a hotel out there and take that light rail into downtown. CHA77, we have to meet up and give everyone a tour of the town. The best "Gentleman's Club" is King of Diamonds in Inver Grove Heights, BTW. I suppose one of the downtown ones like Dream Girls or the Vu would work, though.

All I have to say is F--- it, I'm going. The Marriott is not too far away from me. I can't wait. There are plenty of hotels in the area, so you guys shouldn't have a problem finding one, especially a cheaper one. Go to Hotwire or Orbitz and you should be able to get a good rate. Another good thing is that there is now a light rail line that operates from near the airport to downtown Minneapolis. By the convention time next year, it will go out to the MOA so you guys could find a hotel out there and take that light rail into downtown. CHA77, we have to meet up and give everyone a tour of the town. The best "Gentleman's Club" is King of Diamonds in Inver Grove Heights, BTW. I suppose one of the downtown ones like Dream Girls or the Vu would work, though.

The KoD :) Dam Right Jack. Forgot that the light rail to the MOA and airport will be available by next summer. Talk about convenience for those of you flying in. Get off the plane, grab your baggage, hop on the light rail into downtown Mpls (beats paying $20 for a taxi) and straight to the Marriott.

Yeah, that light rail isn't too bad if you need to go downtown. I'll probably park out at Fort Snelling and take the light rail so I don't have to look for parking. I plan on using it for Vikings games, too. I kind of wish they would have hooked up St Paul and Minneapolis first with a stop at the U of MN, but maybe they'll do that next if this thing makes money. I'm glad they're putting a con in our backyard.

Hey are there any Florida collectors goin? Can we work out a ride?

Another thing about area hotels: Most of them provide a free shuttle service to the Mall. If you're staying near the MOA, call and check with them beforehand. They could take you out there, then you could ride the light rail into downtown.

Hey are there any Florida collectors goin? Can we work out a ride?

Honestly, I think I'm just going to have to fly it next year. I do not want to spend 22 hours on the road.

I don't think it will cost too much to fly there. Northwest's main hub is there, so chances are you'll find the fares to be lower than average.

On a side note, I read in our local paper that our airport is expanding service with Northwest, so I am hoping that will result in cheaper fares as well.

It is going to be off the hook! I am going to call my AAA rep and see about some discounts on hotels in that area, I am going to try and stay in the hotel where the con is since it is more convenient with everything in one place.

Hey my fellow Minnesotans,have they finished Best Buy's new World Headquarters off of I-494 (was that the correct highway?)?I bet that's causing traffic along that to be a living hell as if it wasn't bad enough.

One thing you Con-goers will learn about Minnesota...traffic there can be REAAAALLLLL bad.So stay in the Marriot if you can,I know for one I may have to leave my grandparents' home real early most days to make it to the Con at a decent time.

One thing you Con-goers will learn about Minnesota...traffic there can be REAAAALLLLL bad.So stay in the Marriot if you can,I know for one I may have to leave my grandparents' home real early most days to make it to the Con at a decent time.

Yall can always stay in my room overnight, D-Pillo. I know how yall love to have slumber parties an aythang to keep it real, like on the str33ts.

Tom

Yall can always stay in my room overnight, D-Pillo. I know how yall love to have slumber parties an aythang to keep it real, like on the str33ts.

Tom

Fo'real Young Yank,an' we can all keep togetha' all tightly packed yo' fo' body warmth,playa.Yanno,how theys do it in da st33ts!We can also plays spin the fo'tee like they do in the st33ts~!

Hey my fellow Minnesotans,have they finished Best Buy's new World Headquarters off of I-494 (was that the correct highway?)?I bet that's causing traffic along that to be a living hell as if it wasn't bad enough.

Hey CC, yes the Best Buy HQ off of 494 has been done for quite some time now. Where in MN are you from?

Whats the weather like in Minnesota that time of the year usually?

Round June, it'll probably be around high 70's to low 80's. Minimal humidity. Right now we are having a little heat wave. Today the heat index made it feel like 100 degrees.

And NightCreeper is pretty accurate, hot and mucky weather and freezing cold in the winter. True Minnesotans know that theres only 2 seasons in MN, Construction and Winter @smilepunch@

I'm from Eden Prairie,my grandparents used to live there but they moved recently to a new house a little farther out in Chanhassen.

We don't live in MN though because of my father's former and my mother's current job with the US government.We currently reside in Northern Virginia and have for quite some time,however,my dad's side of the family is from Minnesota so we have A LOT of family over there.

If you haven't already,go to "Lion's Tap" in Eden Prairie,they have the BEST hamburgers in the world in my opinion.Maybe us Con-goers can get together to go there when we're there.

I've been to the Lions Tap for beers. Its a year away but I'm sure we all can work things out to meet up there.