What Do You Do

Opticon

You're a MISB-collector, why do you keep your stuff MISB? I'd imagine for value too, no?

not at all.

I buy them sealed, they stay sealed and they stay in my room. If I was to sell, I would've done it a long time ago and made out nicely. However this is a hobby of mine and not a part time job.

I think that most people that buy to open (from reading the posts) are in the end really MIB collectors by keeping the boxes.

Mine go to the trash. I agree with SS49 and Three Storms. I collect way too much to keep empties. If its my reissues i keep the boxes just cuz they are cool to have. I have doubles of most Star wars Figures so a lot of those are in package and loose on display for nostalgic purposes.But other than that, if there is nothing in it, im not keeping a box. I will never sell it.

Mine go into the trash, but I keep my son's, because I still have my old GI Joe cardbacks, they're great childhood memories, I can remember opening most of them up for the very first time. Hopefully he will look back on his boxes with the same nostalgia.

Depends. I usually toss them after clipping off filecards or good card art or flag points or whatever else I happen to like. I have the Armada Unicron box FULL of all that stuff.

Also, has anyone considered selling the empties on Ebay? I've seen quite a few auctions for empty boxes and if there are people dumb enough to buy them...

Anyone remember the thread from the Joe forum about the guy selling a brown mail-in box from the 80s that may have contained the mail-in Cobra Commander (or Duke or whomever since it had no markings)?

I tend to flatten them & put em in a box in the closet or if there real nice ones like the DW takara stuff orsomething ( if I ever happened to get a loose one :S) I'd try & flatten it & use it for display someplace...

Depends. I usually toss them after clipping off filecards or good card art or flag points or whatever else I happen to like. I have the Armada Unicron box FULL of all that stuff.

Also, has anyone considered selling the empties on Ebay? I've seen quite a few auctions for empty boxes and if there are people dumb enough to buy them...

Anyone remember the thread from the Joe forum about the guy selling a brown mail-in box from the 80s that may have contained the mail-in Cobra Commander (or Duke or whomever since it had no markings)?

Supply and demand at work there

I burned all mine, ran one over with the lawnmower, stabbed one, the bunny ate one, smashed the the rest and threw them all out

I keep all the boxes, with all their inserts, wires and stuff. Some are stacked in the closet and other places. Some (like Takara Collection) are in a shelf, kind of in display.

I keep all the boxes, with all their inserts, wires and stuff. Some are stacked in the closet and other places. Some (like Takara Collection) are in a shelf, kind of in display.

Sounds the same as mine. Most are stacked under my TV in a little hidey hole, and reissue boxes are displayed on my premiere shelf. Some can be seen here:

p01.jpg

Sounds the same as mine. Most are stacked under my TV in a little hidey hole, and reissue boxes are displayed on my premiere shelf. Some can be seen here:

p01.jpg

Wow, Optimus' been dancing that jig for a long time now....and uni looks like hes trying to get down to funky town :P

Mine are like GaZ's pictures. Except I put them in my closet, and once I need more room, I put them in rubber buckets and tubs. I keep all my Transformers boxes inside, and my Gundam Model boxes had to be moved to the garage...

Just in case I ever need to sell them, the boxes might add a bit more money... @haha@

That shelf has totally changed now. Megs got his fusion cannon for a start :) Everything else has been rearranged. Prime is now doing the "hold the gun handle with one hand and hold the barrel with the other", sniper type thing.

That shelf has totally changed now. Megs got his fusion cannon for a start :) Everything else has been rearranged. Prime is now doing the "hold the gun handle with one hand and hold the barrel with the other", sniper type thing.

Take new pics!! Share with the class, c'mon, it's show and tell time!!!

Oh BTW Opti! I hope you never turn that light on LOL!

boxes.jpg

Can you say?.. Fire hazard boys & girls?:)

If you say "fire hazard "boys & girls?:)" " I shall kill you @smilepunch@ @firedevil@ @loll@

Oh BTW Opti! I hope you never turn that light on LOL!

Its actually about a foot away from the boxes, not right overtop like it looks in the pic....and i only turn that light on when its 3 am and i need more light for custom work.