What Do You Do

Opticon

Ok, this is a pretty straight forward question, to all of you who open your toys, what do you do with the boxes? Display them, flatten & store them, burn them (i remember that thread :D), or somethin else?

Personally, i keep mine and display em. I have a bar type kitchen setup in my apartment, and theres a fairly large space between the cupboards and the ceiling, so i put all mine up there. Anywho, heres a pic (yes, the kitchen in tiny)..

boxes.jpg

So how about you?

I try to keep most boxes,I never keep cards unless they are sealed,but I do keep the back.I keep the boxes to put the figures I don't display back and they can stay fresh,for instance when Armada went off and Energon came out,I put all my Armadas back in the boxes and stacked them in the closet.I've been doing this since the Beast Era so imagine the boxes,major overflow.

LOL! Pat, you might want to check on them. Those guys in the trucks might have moved them since last time. @sad@

I keep mine but... they seriously take up SO MUCH room. I'm going to reconsider what's worth keeping and what's worth junking in the future.

Tom

No crap Tom, you just cant trust trashmen these days.

I view this way. Im not selling so no need for the empties. But if for some reason I do sell, is the box really gonna make the value so much more. No.

Most of my Armada boxes bit the dust, as their annoyingly curved fronts makes them difficult to store and they get smooshed anyway. Hurrah to Energon for doing boxy boxes!

Brave Max stands under my desk guarding all the G1 reissue boxes though :)

I'm sort of in agreement with Pat, in that I never plan to sell my collection... and if I do have to for some reason, what will the box get me? A few extra dollars at most? Pfft.

But I like keeping them. There's some sort of appeal to them, especially if they're from the old days when the boxes were really extravagant and nicely done.

Tom

I'm sort of in agreement with Pat, in that I never plan to sell my collection... and if I do have to for some reason, what will the box get me? A few extra dollars at most? Pfft.

But I like keeping them. There's some sort of appeal to them, especially if they're from the old days when the boxes were really extravagant and nicely done.

Tom

I agree, I used to save them but htey stayed in the attic outta sight so blahhhh. Besides now that Hasbro packs theh lil cards I still see the artwork.

i take out the inserts and throw them out, flatten the boxes and put then in my closet

i was watching a home improvement show the other night and this guy had a unicron box hehe

not for causing problems here...but...

what's the point of keeping the boxes if the toys are opened?

My main reasons are for,A.I like the figure and don't want to get him scratched throwing him in the toybox w/ the others.B.I might want to display them on a shelf and since I hate dusting figures I display in box.C.The figure may be rare and I might want the box,more value.D.I like the box and the art.

not for causing problems here...but...

what's the point of keeping the boxes if the toys are opened?

My main reasons are for,A.I like the figure and don't want to get him scratched throwing him in the toybox w/ the others.B.I might want to display them on a shelf and since I hate dusting figures I display in box.C.The figure may be rare and I might want the box,more value.D.I like the box and the art.

I think you spend TOO much time with your TF :)

Fortunately I have a lot of space to keep my G1 boxes (the only ones I keep) I keep them in plastic tubs with cedar and/or mothballs to keep critters out. As to why I keep them (for pogo) 2 reasons. 1) it's safer to transport the higher end stuff in the molded styrofoam 2) I do occasionally sell pieces.

lol I so agree with SureShot's post.

We all see those "MIB" and "MISB" sales on eBay nowadays and damn ourselves for not keeping the boxes when we were kids.

And by 'we', I ofcourse mean 'I'. ;)

Cheers,

HN.

Perhaps, you never know.

Sometimes love can just end, you know.

Right now i'm not thinking of ever selling, but that might change when i have kids or get other interests :0)

You're a MISB-collector, why do you keep your stuff MISB? I'd imagine for value too, no?

Cheers,

HN.