'it Came From The 99 Cent Store!!!'

Punichu

Ok so I was out shopping today, and I just had a feeling to go into the crappy 99 cent store. Finding nothing but, *GASP* crap, I waited for my mother to check out and leave.

'but what did my eyes see? A G.I. Joe keychain?!? What?!? Ten G.I. Joe keychains! Now these aren't what you think...

JunkJoes.JPGJunkJoes1.JPG

JunkJoes2.JPGJunkJoes3.JPG

JunkJoes4.JPGJunkJoes5.JPG

JunkJoes6.JPGJunkJoes7.JPG

JunkJoes8.JPG

JunkJoes9.JPG

http://punichu.homestead.com/files/JunkJoes10.JPG

Looks like someone got ahold of the molds when Funskool had them? Some of the parts even look like CORPS!!! stuff. The plastic is brittle, so I haven't moved many of them around. No idea why I even bought them, they just seemed too freakin' odd to pass up.

Ok so I was out shopping today, and I just had a feeling to go into the crappy 99 cent store. Finding nothing but, *GASP* crap, I waited for my mother to check out and leave.

'but what did my eyes see? A G.I. Joe keychain?!? What?!? Ten G.I. Joe keychains! Now these aren't what you think...

JunkJoes.JPGJunkJoes1.JPG

JunkJoes2.JPGJunkJoes3.JPG

JunkJoes4.JPGJunkJoes5.JPG

JunkJoes6.JPGJunkJoes7.JPG

JunkJoes8.JPG

JunkJoes9.JPG

http://punichu.homestead.com/files/JunkJoes10.JPG

Looks like someone got ahold of the molds when Funskool had them? Some of the parts even look like CORPS!!! stuff. The plastic is brittle, so I haven't moved many of them around. No idea why I even bought them, they just seemed too freakin' odd to pass up.

Funskool never had the strato Viper mold though. thats really weird. were they 1$ each? Maybe go ask some people at the store about it. Cool find though!

It was just a generic 99 cent store. They're a dime a dozen here in Jersey... It usually has a ton of knock off Sanrio, DIsney, Pokemon and Spider-Man stuff, but this was the first decent knock off(Well, kind of decent.) I've seen their. I'd ask the people in the store about them, but they seem to barely be able to tell you your total, nevermind explain a product. =/

The plastic on the body and head are OK, but some of the arms feel like they could break easily. Like I said, the one arm fell off just by being in the bag with the others. They'd make good custom fodder I guess, though the parts don't seem to be anything too rare, besides the Strato Viper head/torso.

humm those look crazy, I might have to go and check out my 99 cents store here, the strato viper would look cool with a custom re- paint and maybe some new parts (swap).....kind of a mercer/viper....LOL

They're exactly like I bought them, loose, no tags or anything. They just hung from a little sidecap at the register with the other keychains. I bought them all, since they were all different, wish they had more of the Viper heads, but beggers can't be choosers.

I'm also wondering what the yorso to the first Tarus is from, if anyone knows? I really like it, but can't place it off hand.

They came like I have them.

No packaging.

No labels.

Only markings are on some of the arses with Hasbro/dates. Some just state 'Made in China'.

This is really strange, maybe they're made in Mexico, YO JOE! says that the colors were always weird like this, different arms for the same character, etc.

Here's

the link.

I suspect that the pieces that are the correct color are actually from real US figures that were chopped up. It would be too expensive for them to have such detailed paint apps, and if they did, why would they want to replicate the original paint schemes (especially since they didn't replicte them on the parts they did mold)

The thing is, the plastic is NOT the same as the original figures on any of the parts. It's all a harder/brittler(That a word?) plastic and cheaper paint. Some of the paint comes off when your fingers are sweaty...

Yeah Olmec had the molds for the Strato Viper, Moto Viper, Darklon, Secto Viper and Track Viper & Skidmark's bodies back in 1997. And I guess when that company went under they didn't bother to try and get any money back from Hasbro in trade for the molds.

It's very odd that there are so many paint applications to bootlegs like these.

I really love stuff like this, hey Punichu PM me and let me know if you can't get some of these for me. Thanks! @propeller@