Neovipers Or Claws

yojoeshow

Well, the Neo-Vipers would be better if they didn't have that weirdly positioned left hand. The first time, fine, to try something new, but it sucks.

The C.L.A.W.S. don't look to "armored." The should have had bulkier bodies to show off some armor. Also, I sometimes think of them as just updated H.E.A.T. Vipers - but not as good.

The concepts are okay, at least until they came out with the Neo-Viper Commander. As I understood it, the Neo-Vipers were to replace the Vipers and other infantry as the defacto Cobra troops. Yet they are officers, so wouldn't they just be in CHARGE of the other troops? And is the Neo-Viper Commander supposed to be an individual or a trooper in charge of troopers in charge of troopers?

I prefer the Neo-Viper. That is a cool look they have. The C.L.A.W.S. are like a cross between a H.E.A.T./Fast-Blast-Viper and the Crimson Guard. I don't know, I guess I just don't like idea of COBRA having "elite" troops to operate those stupid weapons they all come with.

Neo-Vipers RULE !!! O-ring version, of course. I don't care a bit about the C.L.A.W.S. I wish they were never created. Novices, in the G.I. Joe collectors community, might get the C.L.A.W.S. confused for the C.L.A.W. I also wish that they had called the Air Assault Vehicle the C.L.A.W., because it's just an updated copy of it.

Or, maybe, let the C.L.A.W.S. fly the C.L.A.W.s? No, I still don't like the looks of the C.L.A.W.S.

Neo-Vipers RULE !!!  O-ring version, of course.  I don't care a bit about the C.L.A.W.S.  I wish they were never created.  Novices, in the G.I. Joe collectors community, might get the C.L.A.W.S. confused for the C.L.A.W.  I also wish that they had called the Air Assault Vehicle the C.L.A.W., because it's just an updated copy of it.

I think they could sell a lot of those Air Assaults if they changed the color to white (maybe dump the spytroops stuff by making the wings premenently attached) and sold it AS an updated C.L.A.W. Maybe package it with one of the Cobra Infantry troopers from the 6-pack. Especially if they used all 4 troopers (and maybe both officers).

Neo-Vipers RULE !!! O-ring version, of course.

That about somes it up for me. I think it's an awesome mold, and is my favorite new "trooper" mold (tied with Sand Scorpion and Cobra Coils).

I especially like the wave 7.5 version. Trust me, 20+ of these guys all posed up with that cool AK they come with looks really impressive!

I like the CLAWs better on both a character basis and outfit design. The holsters cool but the proportions do the base design a great disservice.

TIP: Putting Grunt's CLAWs disguise helmet on a REAL CLAWs helps make the head not only look a bit more proportional, It makes the figure look closer to the one seen in the card illustration. (They also work great with the red BJs exclusive Fastblast Viper.)

I like both, although C.L.A.W.S. are my favorites. And y'know something? My favorite version of the Neo-Viper happens to be the one that came with Wild Bill in GvsC Wave 4 (5?). I just think the colors of that one really bring out the details better than the regular version, especially when it comes to the face mask. And I think it's odd that this particular version doesn't get much attention really. Am I the only person that loves this particular version? I sure do wish Hasbro would do an army builder pack of them...