Real American Hero Vehicle Designs

Tom-1

Hey guys,

for those of you that couldn't make it to the convention, there was a special folder handed out to the first 50 people who attended the "20 years of RAH" seminar. In this folder were copies of designs of various vehicles - some that we all recognized at once, but some were of items that were never even produced!

Take a look at what you missed, even if you went to the convention:

Dragonfly Design Sheet

Cobra 'Battle Attack Trike' BAT

Air Jeep Design ... Original design for the Skyhawk, perhaps?

Mobile Command Outpost Design

Cobra Maniac Design

Rattler Design Sheet

And finally... look at what the HISS was *going to* look like...

Apparently, the original HISS was supposed to be more like the HISS II from the start!

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Tom

i really enjoy the HISS/HISS II combo design, minus the green color. it's still got the sleekness of the HISS I, but the drop down cockpit/two seater of the HISS II.

love the BAT also. it could have been and could still be an updated ferret or something.

The Hiss was even shown in one of the earlier comics, issue 14 or 15 I think with a drop-down cockpit. It's the comic called Night Attack but I can't remember the number exactly.

As I understand, it was common for Hasbro to show Hama these types of sketches at first, so he would be able to write the comics in unison with the release of the toys. So it's likely they sent him these sketches and never alterted him to the change.

Tom

Those are some awesome sketches! That "Air Jeep" looks to me like what they used for the Locust Helecopter; at least the windshield does anyway.

My thoughts exactly. Ahh... the way Joe vehicles should be made.

The Rattler, Dragonfly and Air Jeep should be made today, RAH-style. I'd buy me some. They look meaner, and better armed.

That Cobra Maniac really should be made. It reminds me of something meant to oppose the AWE Striker. Fast and sleek with a kind of dune buggy appeal to it.

I love the Trike. I'm a sucker for the smaller vehicles of old. Besides, I seem to remember there being trikes of this sort in the old Joe cartoons--in the Mass Device mini-series, I believe.

As far as the Mobile Command Outpost goes, I like the idea, but an inflatable garage really doesn't do anything for me, though I like the quonset hut look of it.

Inflatable toys=rubber ducky in my book, even if it is camouflage. ;)

Thanks for sharing these amazing pics. Those black Hiss Drivers look like Snake eyes. Makes you wonder if old Snake Eyes should have been with cobra! No J/k. @loll@ However Im not kidding when I say this Hiss tank should be made Period!! look at the quality of the Hummer theres no reason why they cant make this tank with a moveable Lift for the Drivers. Who woudnt buy one? Hasbro are you listening? Make this Tank. Make it like the hummer. And I will buy Ten.

Design_-_HISS.jpg

I agree with King James Hasbro Make this Jeep. Make these two designs and I will forgive you for all the crappy post RAH vehicles

Design_-_Maniac.jpg

Wow....Wish Hasbro would let this Wayne Luther desgin the newer Joe Vehicels. Well some of them......the Hummer is nice, and so is the Quickstrike and Ice Sabre, but the Battle Hornet......Blah.