The History Of Gi Joe

SKARAPZ

anyone that can tell me this. Like starting back in the day till now. The transition from 12 inch figures to 3 3/4th inch figures. Or is the a site that has this. I've tried to find sites, but most lead to auctions or dead ends. If you can help it'd be greatly appreciated. #US1#

If you have a Books A Million or a Barnes and Noble in your area I have seen a book there

that tells the history of the whys and hows. The part about why snake eyes was all black is neat.

If you don't have those stores or the time to go there I will tell you what I remeber.

Just let me know in a reply.

If you have a Books A Million or a Barnes and Noble in your area I have seen a book there

that tells the history of the whys and hows. The part about why snake eyes was all black is neat.

If you don't have those stores or the time to go there I will tell you what I remeber.

Just let me know in a reply.

Tell us why Snake Eyes was all black!!!!! pleeeeasse, sugar on top???

Wasn't Snake Eyes all black because they were only allowed so many different paint colors and had no more options when they were up to him, hence he became all black?

Hasbro had to cut cost by molding one of the figures in just one color with no paint. Snake-Eyes was the only guy who made sense to do this way. I think they originally planned for him to have green pants.

But wouldn't it have been more expensive to mold him in black plastic, I believe most everyone else was molded in green plastic, besides maybe Scarlett, would'nt it have been more cost-effective just to paint him??

Skarapz.....Find the 'Complete Encyclopoedia to GI JOE by Santelmo. Should be easy to find. It's in its 4th update. The guy who wrote it is a 12" fan, But tells the story of how 1982 came about. Also has lots of neat pics, like Ron Rudat sketches. Roadblock was to have been called 'Bubba'. also has a complete checklist of joes up to teh TRU stuff. While no pics are next to the listings he NAMES all teh acc the come with. also is an outdated price guide

Skarapz.....Find the 'Complete Encyclopoedia to GI JOE by Santelmo. Should be easy to find. It's in its 4th update. The guy who wrote it is a 12" fan, But tells the story of how 1982 came about. Also has lots of neat pics, like Ron Rudat sketches. Roadblock was to have been called 'Bubba'. also has a complete checklist of joes up to teh TRU stuff. While no pics are next to the listings he NAMES all teh acc the come with. also is an outdated price guide

A word of caution, the Santelmo book is very suspect as far as the accuracy of its info. There's claims made against the author in lifting text from other articles and sources without credit and there's a few pictures that are very badly mislabelled so it may not be a reliable source of info.

For a "sorta" close rundown of the GIJOE history its "okay, but the better book, I think is John Michlig's book, with is still around but, I think, is out of print. Outside of the Tomarts book(s) I'm not sure of a accurate comprehensive guide to the GIJOE line from conception to today.

thanks everyone who tried to help its truely appreciated. And NC i'm needing this info for a class, so i needed direct sources , And sorry i didnt make it to every seminar. #US1#

thanks everyone who tried to help its truely appreciated. And NC i'm needing this info for a class, so i needed direct sources , And sorry i didnt make it to every seminar. #US1#

Neither did i, only that one cause we had nothing to do till the sales room opened and then the 3 3/4 inch one :)

Hasbro had to cut cost by molding one of the figures in just one color with no paint. Snake-Eyes was the only guy who made sense to do this way. I think they originally planned for him to have green pants.

actually, it was a bit more complicated. hasbro had to cut costs with paint apps, so instead or removing a paint app from all the figures to make up the difference, they decided to just remove all the paint apps from one figure, and Snake Eyes made the most sense.