What Was Your First Exposure To Star Trek?

J_Rek_Vandekar

What was your first exposure to Star Trek?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What was your first exposure to Star Trek?

• The Original Series
    • Movies I-VI
    • The Next Generation
    • The Next Generation Movies
    • DS9
    • Voyager
    • Enterprise

Remember when you watched Star Trek for the first time? What episode or movie was it? What Genre was it from? (TOS TNG etc.)

My first exposure to Trek was STII The Wrath of Khan, when I was about 8 years old. From there, I went back and caught TOS on TV reruns. I thought it was goofy at first (It still is), but I fell in love with the stories, crew and ship. The rest is history.

J'Rek Vandekar

My first exposure to ST was from watching TOS in syndication on Sunday mornings on a local tv station. In the begining it was really my mom and sister who were Trek fans, I was more into Star Wars at the time but did like the show. Of course I went to see all the movies with my family and as I got older I really started to appreciated Trek more. As a kid it was just a sci-fi show as I got older I began to grasp more and more of the solcial issues the individual episodes tended to address and appreciate the picture of the future the show presented. By the time Next Gen came around I was a pretty big fan.

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier!

It was 1989 and I was born in 1985, so I saw this movie when I was four years old and from there I never stopped liking Star Trek!

My first exposure to Star Trek was the original series in re-runs. I liked them, but I wasn't really hooked yet. I watched the movies when they came on Weekend afternoons. I first began really watching Star Trek with TNG. I still would have called myself a big fan though. Voyager was my series and I began to watch it faithfully hardly ever missing an episode. What I did miss I have since seen in re-runs. Voyager and a very interested boyfriend helped to give me an appreciation for all of the previous Star Trek series and the movies. Voyager is still my favorite followed by TNG, TOS, and of course the movies. I am just wondering when they will come out with a Voyager movie?

Shadow

Funny enough, it was Scotty's "it's....it's green" episode. The part I actually remembered was when the villians transformed 2 redshirts into those little cubes, and he crushed the one that was the girl. I was like 4 or 5 and remember being sad that the lady died! (Hey, I was a toddler, I didn't know any better.)

Oh man......It was TOS, a long time ago. It's actually one of the first memories. In that patchy area where you can only remember 2-3 events from your life. I must have only been 3-4. But Star Trek Came on every night after the 10pm news and I'd watch as much as I could before I fell asleep in my floor. I remeber the first one I saw one the one with the being in the box that was so ugly anyone that looked at it would go mad and Spock had to wear the protective glasses. That was my very first Trek Memory....it wasn't untill the early 90s that I saw that episode again.

• 2 months later...

Chris here...

Star Trek was something that creeped into my conciousness as something I was curious about, mainly via TOS - I watched "The Naked Time" when I was 9 but was a bit young to fully appreciate it. I really enjoyed ST: The Animated Series when it aired on Going Live! here in the UK in 1991/1992. I saw Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country when I was 14 and again really enjoyed it - but, what really got me hooked on Star Trek was one of the novels, "The I.D.I.C. Epidemic" by Jean Lorrah. My copy originally belonged to my uncle's fourth wife, who was a huge Trek fan, especially TOS - when she died, my uncle and Grandmother were turning out some things and they came across this book. Wondering if I might like it, my uncle gave it to me and the rest, as they say, is history! :)

To this day, as much as I love watching Star Trek on TV, my favourite Trek things are the novels! :)

Take care... :)

Wow, the memories. It was the late 70's. My favorite shows were Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers. Star Trek was my step dad's favorite, so I got to watch alot of the eps at night.

Haha, I remember first watching the Wrath of Khan. My first reaction was, "Where's Kirk? Who's this 'Capt. Saavik' chick?"

Boy, was I glad to see Kirk when he appeared.

TOS in syndication was my first ST exposure. I've been a fan ever since! Of course, back in the late 70's, I loved almost anything Sci-Fi that was around....Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers, etc. Good stuff!

I still have a few action figures from Battlestar, Buck Rogers, The Black Hole, and Star Trek (Megos) from my childhood. You know you all want a Twiki (sp?) from Buck Rogers! :-p

@bats@

I was first exposed to Star Trek with the original series. My first episode, that I remeber anyways, was Amok Time.

O yes, great episode!

:) I love Amok time!

The year: 1987

The show: Star Trek The Next Generation

The episode: Encounter at Farpoint

I was 4 years old and I remember liking the Enterprise-D's ability to seperate into two sections. After that my parents got me a metal model of the Enterprise-D that did just that. I've liked Star Trek every since. I also don't care what anyone else says. Star Trek: Enterprise is a good show.

• 11 months later...

The first Star Trek that I ever saw was "The Doomsday Machine". I saw most of the episode (think I missed the beginning), and was even able to get a couple pictures off of the t.v. TOS used to be on every Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning, and I'd catch it whenever I could.

I was 7 years old, in 1969 when I first saw Star Trek--probably an episode in the third season original run.

I didn't like it.

It was about 4 years later that I grew to watch and enjoy it.

I have, for the most part, been a fan ever since.

I don't really know... I remember being a kid & it being a big deal for some time & the entire family was there to watch it lol ... Pretty sure it was the first episode of tng, the farscape thingy... Watching tng was sorta a family thing we did for a while lol

TOS during the 1970's, syndicated style. Been a HUGE fan of Star Trek ever since! @trek@

Awww, did you write a letter to keep trek on the air ?:) @smilepunch@

@loll@

heheh just kidding :D

I don't know that I remember exactly what my very first exposure to Star Trek was. I know I went to see the movies with my dad and I seem to remember parts of ST II: TWOK (the eel thing going in checkov's ear gave me nightmares!!!) But I also remember watching TOS at a very young age. So I don't really know what came first.

But I do know that I used to play with these classic Trek Mego dolls that my Dad had of Kirk, Scotty and Spock. That was probably around 5 or 6 y/o. They are probably the reason I liked ST so much and probably the reason I still collect toys today!

TOS during the 1970's, syndicated style. Been a HUGE fan of Star Trek ever since!  @trek@

Awww, did you write a letter to keep trek on the air ?:) @smilepunch@

@loll@

heheh just kidding :D

The letter writing campaign to keep it on the air happened in 1968--at the end of the second season.

It got Star Trek one more season--of mostly bad episodes.