'05 Snake Eyes Help

stormshadow23

Why is Hasbro putting this new Snake Eyes in the last set of Valor vs Venom, when its basically what the new figures are gonna be like?? Why dont they just save him and put him out with the new line? Does anyone know what this new line will consist of , or what its about, and are they keepin the 2 packs? The 2 packs are starting to get old. Please HASBRO, just bring back SINGLE PACKS w/ GOOD ART WORK OF THE FIGURE. This Snakes Eyes figure sounds awesome, I would just like the finishing touches on it with the packaging. Thanks for your help

Of Course, they are keeping two-packs, they are more appealing to both kids, their parents, and of course, collectors, plus on a less mentioned note. In most people mind's, cheap = Crap, if they had single packs, then they would be in the 3.99$ range, the major retailers would be much less interested, parents and children would be scared off, plus, it would seriously decrease the chances of anyone new discovering the line.

VvV may be ending, but that's the theme not the line. You have that one confused. And I personally don't want single packs. They would cost to much overall. Plus lets face it, you will never see artworked cards like RAH ever again. Everything is generic now on all toy lines it seems.

Draven #US1#

Absomolutely, Draven!

It's all about the stores. Big name stores like Wal-Mart, Target, and TRU, all have a say in how Hasbro produces it's toys, because at the end of the day, they put in the largest orders.

Walmart doesn't like single packs, at such a low price-point? Then Hasbro can't get their #1 buyer on board. So they make 2-packs, and they actually sell their product to the stores.

Target has a problem with looking cluttered? They won't buy toys that are packaged on radically different looking blister cards. They like the idea of uniformed, generic packaging, so when they display all the product from a toyline together, it can be seen and identified from a distance. So Hasbro has to comply, with bright colors, and generic packaging.

At the end of the day, the customer in the store isle, is an aftethought. Hasbro has to assume you're willing to buy the product, and that you're going to *open* it and play with the product. So packaging shouldn't really matter to us anyway. The fact that they *bother* to put art on the card, while keeping it mostly generic, is testiment to the fact that they care about us when, business-wise, they have no reason to.

Well, back in ARAH they kept it unifrom, indentifiable and also had indivudal card art. I could spot ARAH displays just fine when I was a kid. And let's not forget that Transformers have indvidual card art for each toy. So it's not like it's an out the window dated concept...it's still done today just like it was in 80s.

And I for one hate the Double packs.....mainly cause Hasbro seems to want to shove a repaint of someone I already have in with a new figure I don't. I like the freedom to buy one Awesome Snake Eyes without getting a Cobra Claws, and being able to buy a 20 Cobra BATS without haveing to have a pile of 20 Widescopes.

But I don't see them changeing the 2-Pack anytime soon, especially now that the test market on those single packs failed...course that was due more to poor handleing then anything else. Had they got those into say Target....They might be singing a different tune now.

But you are also talking about 10-20 years ago. Back then, toys were THE kid thing to do.

Today, they have the internet and X-Box and yu-gi-oh and lots of other things to do and are thus not as interested in specific toys.

Transformers is also Hasbro's biggest selling toyline right now.

And yeah they really messed up the marketing with the single packs. But the 2-packs aren't going away and after the flop, we probably won't be seeing singles again.

The 2-packs would work better if they got rid of the "versus" ideology. It worked okay when JvC started, but now it is just a hinderance. They should go to 2 Joes in a pack and 2 Cobras in a pack, like they army builder waves, but all the time. Walmart may dictate things to Hasbro about the product but I can't see them requiring a good guy and a bad guy be packaged togther or we wouldn't HAVE the army builder waves.

If your looking for the old card art, and different figures, i think funskool is the way to go. plus their fairly cheap. unfortunately, i dont think hasbro has the guts to go back to the ARAH stle of packaging. @sad@

Appearance is everything!!

I do not think, nor did it seem they are getting rid of two packs any time soon, as far as the comment on the gi joe (2 packs) and cobra (2 packs), if they put out these they might not sell as well as just cobra two packs and then sometimes a cobra figure vs a gi joe figure. As for the size of the two packs, HASBRO commented they did research to see how many packs fit on each peg and how much space etc at retailers and I am pretty sure the packaging will be the same size (but the art will be different), I could be wrong but this is what was apparant to me.

I would prefer the single packs by far, but don't see it happening. I hate having to get 5 Tunnel Rats just to army build the Eels, but hey with the success Hasbro has been having with the 2 packs it's staying for a while

I would prefer the single packs by far, but don't see it happening. I hate having to get 5 Tunnel Rats just to army build the Eels, but hey with the success Hasbro has been having with the 2 packs it's staying for a while

yeah I know I am up to 3 TR myself LOL, but that Eel is freakin' awesome.

StormShadow let me tell you something:

THE NEW SNAKE EYES WILL NOT BE IN THE LAST WAVE OF VVV, IT WILL MOST LIKELY IN MY MIND BE IN THE NEXT WAVE WE HAVENT SEEN YET WHICH WILL BE WAVE 7, HASBRO NEVER SAID IT WAS GONNA BE IN THE LAST ONE, AND HIS MOLD IS MADE SO THEY ARE PROB ALMOST IN PRODUCTION STAGE

THE NEW SNAKE EYES WILL NOT BE IN THE LAST WAVE OF VVV, IT WILL MOST LIKELY IN MY MIND BE IN THE NEXT WAVE WE HAVENT SEEN YET WHICH WILL BE WAVE 7, HASBRO NEVER SAID IT WAS GONNA BE IN THE LAST ONE, AND HIS MOLD IS MADE SO THEY ARE PROB ALMOST IN PRODUCTION STAGE

LMAO,THANKS FOR CLEARING THAT ONE UP BRENT! @loll@

right on homeskizzle,

they said he would be in one of the last waves of VvsV, and there is supposed to be 3 waves in 05 to end the year...

wave 5 is in december...so it works out just right,

i cant wait to see them either!

I just want to say as a collector I do NOT find the double packs to be more appealing to me. Why should I shell out extra money for a figure i do not want because it is packed with one I do want? This is especially a problem when army building.

I also think parents would be more inclined to pay $3.99 (single pack) for a toy than $7.99 (double pack). You have all seen it - kids in the toy section snatching up things - totally oblivious of the notion of price tags - their parents ask, "How much does it cost?" - the kid looks and says, "It's ONLY $7.99." - the parent is like, "$7.99 for a toy? NO! PUT IT DOWN!" - the kids starts throwing a fit and says, "I HATE YOU!"

. You have all seen it - kids in the toy section snatching up things - totally oblivious of the notion of price tags - their parents ask, "How much does it cost?" - the kid looks and says, "It's ONLY $7.99." - the parent is like, "$7.99 for a toy? NO! PUT IT DOWN!" - the kids starts throwing a fit and says, "I HATE YOU!"

Have you been following me around, that's how I act, when my g/f yells at me to leave the toy aisle.

I just want to say as a collector I do NOT find the double packs to be more appealing to me. Why should I shell out extra money for a figure i do not want because it is packed with one I do want? This is especially a problem when army building.

I also think parents would be more inclined to pay $3.99 (single pack) for a toy than $7.99 (double pack). You have all seen it - kids in the toy section snatching up things - totally oblivious of the notion of price tags - their parents ask, "How much does it cost?" - the kid looks and says, "It's ONLY $7.99." - the parent is like, "$7.99 for a toy? NO! PUT IT DOWN!" - the kids starts throwing a fit and says, "I HATE YOU!"

I don't see that as a problem anymore. Almost all major toy lines are around $6-8 anyway. So no matter what a kid wants its that much. Hell only Star Wars are below $5 and how many kids buy that? lol

Draven #US1#

Why is Hasbro putting this new Snake Eyes in the last set of Valor vs Venom, when its basically what the new figures are gonna be like?? Why dont they just save him and put him out with the new line? Does anyone know what this new line will consist of , or what its about, and are they keepin the 2 packs? The 2 packs are starting to get old. Please HASBRO, just bring back SINGLE PACKS w/ GOOD ART WORK OF THE FIGURE. This Snakes Eyes figure sounds awesome, I would just like the finishing touches on it with the packaging. Thanks for your help

I think the key is "sounds" awesome. Only a handful of people have actually seen this thing and while there have been generally very good remarks from those people what they SAW and what we GET are not necessarily the same thing. Need I remind anyone about Night Force?

I think it best to reserve judgement and questions about it until we ACTUALLY know something about the figure other than rather vague rumors.

Lets not forget he might come with the worst accessories imaginable, but who know for certain...

But you are also talking about 10-20 years ago.  Back then, toys were THE kid thing to do.

Today, they have the internet and X-Box and yu-gi-oh and lots of other things to do and are thus not as interested in specific toys.

Yes, but that has nothing to do with the point I was makeing. The arugement for not haveing card art was that Target and other companies wanted stuff to look unifrom. And my point was that the unifrom look could still be achived, but still have card art for each figure.

The fact that Transfromers is the best seller has nothing to do with haveing card art. I guess you could say that because it's the best seller that they have the biggest budget and thus can afford to hire the artist to make the card art. But it's clear from the back of 3V cards and the File cards that Hasbro DID shell out the money for art. In fact useing the image from the File Card more then once would SAVE money. Since they printed it on back of the card and on the file cards, it wouldn't really cost them any more to put it on the front, And thus it can't be an issue of cost or budget..cause they already shelled out the money for it.

Transformers is just a good example of fact that Card art can be used and not break up the uniform look of the cards. And it's something that Gi Joe already has done to some extent with 3V....the only thing keeping it from being like it was in ARAH is the fact that they are packed in two-packs. And in that I agree with you, the two-Packs are here to stay. But I think that if the single packs had done better, that might not be the case. I could see Hasbro shifting to single packs once 3V ended had those single packs sold really well.

But you are also talking about 10-20 years ago.  Back then, toys were THE kid thing to do.

Yes, but that has nothing to do with the point I was makeing. The arugement for not haveing card art was that Target and other companies wanted stuff to look unifrom. And my point was that the unifrom look could still be achived, but still have card art for each figure.

The fact that Transfromers is the best seller has nothing to do with haveing card art. I guess you could say that because it's the best seller that they have the biggest budget and thus can afford to hire the artist to make the card art. But it's clear from the back of 3V cards and the File cards that Hasbro DID shell out the money for art. In fact useing the image from the File Card more then once would SAVE money. Since they printed it on back of the card and on the file cards, it wouldn't really cost them any more to put it on the front, And thus it can't be an issue of cost or budget..cause they already shelled out the money for it.

Transformers is just a good example of fact that Card art can be used and not break up the uniform look of the cards. And it's something that Gi Joe already has done to some extent with 3V....the only thing keeping it from being like it was in ARAH is the fact that they are packed in two-packs. And in that I agree with you, the two-Packs are here to stay. But I think that if the single packs had done better, that might not be the case. I could see Hasbro shifting to single packs once 3V ended had those single packs sold really well.

Well, I don't think too many people really CARE about the card art too much, especially the kids. For the collectors, the fact that the card art usually looks better than the product itself can be a turn off.

Unless, of course, it matters for MOC collectors but I think there are fewer of those than people who open the package and toss it.

As for the singles, yeah, that was a pretty stupid "test" run. If somebody at Hasbro had actually taken more than 15 minutes to think it out, it might have actually worked out.

right on homeskizzle,

they said he would be in one of the last waves of VvsV, and there is supposed to be 3 waves in 05 to end the year...

wave 5 is in december...so it works out just right,

i cant wait to see them either!

Yeah Ccav that is what I thought I heard too at the roundtable, but I guess we will see....I think it is going to be in VvsV.....as long as we see it LOL.