New 13" Gi Joe Line!

Marthor

Would it ever happen?

What if they started making GI Joe's in 13" scale instead of 12"??

Well, that's basically the same thing they did when they changed the 3 3/4" figure to be 4".

THEY WOULD NEVER DO THAT TO THE 12" LINE!

So, why did they mess so much with the small joe line?

Why not add a big button on the rear of a 12" figure like they did with Duke? Why not make 12" figures with spring action arms? Paint the 12" figures in bright colors and take away their waist articulation?

These are just some of the things we have suffered recently as a double standard between the 12" Joes and the small Joes.

At the convention they seem to present good things for this year for the small joes. Let's see them follow through.

Adult fans of the small joes outnumber adult fans of the 12" line by 2:1 according to master collector!!!!

In reality it's probably more than 4:1.

the people that Create the 12 inch joes are not the same who create the 3 3/4 inch and the 12 inch creators know that mainly and only adults collect the 12 inch figures, so they direct the figures designs and colors toward the adult 12 inch collectors. 12 Inch dont sell that well, but they sell and mainly to just the adults.

12 inch creators know that mainly and only adults collect the 12 inch figures, so they direct the figures designs and colors toward the adult 12 inch collectors.

Which is why I pointed out...

Adult fans of the small joes outnumber adult fans of the 12" line by 2:1 according to master collector!!!! In reality it's probably more than 4:1.

Agreed......but.....

All those changes.....the sound attack, the action attack, etc......is all for the good of the line. Remember, that stuff is for the kids. Tazzzman can back me up on this.....we let Hasbro know we don't like this stuff in Orlando. However, the fact of the matter is we need those kids to buy GI Joe for the line to grow. The collectors simply cannot support the line as a whole....we need those kids. I'll put up with those crazy innovations if it helps the line.....and also if they release a version without the action attack as well! :D

I tend to agree. Hasbro seems to back up on the AA-plagued figures and re-release them sans AA for us older collectors. And they seem to be trying to make us happy with the TRU 6-packs, which they are doing a great job of when it comes to me. (lol) I just hope they keep up the improvements we're seeing. Man, I haven't been this excited about Joe stuff since probably the RAHC stuff. Awesome.

Agreed......but.....

All those changes.....the sound attack, the action attack, etc......is all for the good of the line. Remember, that stuff is for the kids. Tazzzman can back me up on this.....we let Hasbro know we don't like this stuff in Orlando. However, the fact of the matter is we need those kids to buy GI Joe for the line to grow. The collectors simply cannot support the line as a whole....we need those kids. I'll put up with those crazy innovations if it helps the line.....and also if they release a version without the action attack as well! :D

I'll back you up with that one, the collectors simply cannot support the line as a whole....we need those kids. HABSRO knows this and also says we are the ones that are driving the 3/3/4 line.

I'm going to say the same thing I always say when this topic is brought up:

If the 12" stuff is done the way 12" collectors would want it becasue they are adults then the 3 3/4" stuff should be done the same way for us! People who played with G.I. JOE in the 80s are not kids. We are adults and should be treated the same as the 12" collectors. None of this "it's for the kids" crap.

Now with that said there IS 12" stuff that is "for the kids". That being the "Real American Hero" 12" stuff. Thankfully Hasbro has given us the comic 3 packs for us collectors. There should always be 2 3 3/4" Joe lines: One more for the kids - and one more for the collectors.

the sound attack, the action attack, etc......is all for the good of the line. Remember, that stuff is for the kids. .., the fact of the matter is we need those kids to buy GI Joe for the line to grow. The collectors simply cannot support the line as a whole....we need those kids.

None of that is true.

Action attack is not good for the line and also does nothing for kids either.

We don't necessarily "need" kids for the line to grow. Adults outnumber kids by 4:1 and have deeper pockets. If more adults got interested it would help the line to "grow" far more faster than if more kids got interested.

Collectors have been carrying the line for four years already. So, it's funny if you think collectors can't support the line.

No what's funny is that you are stupid enough to believe that Marthor. You like to talk ratios, well here's one for you Sorry to break the news to you but kids outnumber the collectors approximately 3:1 in Gi Joe.

Hey Doc, I'm not trying to stick my nose in or choose sides here, but where are you guys getting your info on those ratios? And I really mean that as a legitimate question; I'm not trying to be smart or anything, 'cause I really would like to know what the numbers really are.

No what's funny is that you are stupid enough to believe that Marthor. You like to talk ratios, well here's one for you Sorry to break the news to you but kids outnumber the collectors approximately 3:1 in Gi Joe.

Why do you feel neccessary to "namecall"??

I must have missed that "news", show us a link.

:-)

where are you guys getting your info on those ratios?

Adults age 20-39 outnumber kids ages 5-9 by a ratio of 4:1

You can get the numbers easily by looking up the U.S. census numbers which are available online.

where are you guys getting your info on those ratios?

You can get the numbers easily by looking up the U.S. census numbers which are available online.

Marthor, just because that many people are alive in those age groups doesn't mean that many people are interested in G.I.Joe...

I would like to believe we are the reason the Joe-line is alive and well, but in my heart I know it's that little kid who always takes the army builder pack I want (And I see him walking away with it) that keeps the line going.

-Kevin

Marthor, just because that many people are alive in those age groups doesn't mean that many people are interested in G.I.Joe...

I know that.

It only takes approximately 1 out of 200 adults to be interested in Toy Collecting to match the spending power of ALL kids.

The best possible future "growth" for the line (and toy collecting in general) is if you get more adults interested in collecting it again.

The 20-39 age bracket had exposure to GI Joe in their youth already.

Marthor, do you have something against kids or something? I mean geez, you're making it sound like a crime for a TOY company to cater a TOY line to kids. I will grant you that statistics now show that there are more adults ages 18-39 buying toys now than there are kids. Psychologists call it disturbing and this generation(myself included, I'm 20 yrs old) are called "adultolescents". But the bottom line is that toys always have been and always will be aimed and made for kids.

Sure Hasbro knows there is a collector market. This is why we get TRU 6-Packs, Comic 3 Packs, new figures re-painted in vintage colors(i.e. upcoming wave 4 Wild Weasel, Battle Helmet CC etc.), the upcoming Crimson Sabotage set, the list goes on. Quite honestly, it's now at the point where it's almost 2 seperate lines.

New sculpted figures are bought mostly by the kids and adults who were in the line and want to get their kids into them. The TRU and other stuff is pretty much aimed solely at adults, but if they can get the kids into this too, then that's more profit for them and more stuff for us to get in the future.

Wow! I think I agree with most of what you said Dr. Lector.

I don't have anything against kids at all. Kids are more sophisticated today. Not less, IMO.

Kids also have more sophisticated outlets like video games where the video game companies sell realism on the cool war and shooting video games.

Younger kids may like their pokemon, wrestling, beyblade, zoids, ninja turtles, etc. etc. too. and that's fine to cater those toys to kids.

However, GI Joe has a very large adult fan base. Also, Star Wars and Transformers in particular carry a large adult following.

HASBRO should not be squandering these properties by ever making them unappealling to adults.

Last year, we were shown good things and told things only to have it all go downhill a few months later last year.

What HASBRO showed at the Con THIS year looks EXCELLENT!!! Let's just see them follow through this time.

Kids weren't impressed by Neon colors, action attack or spring loaded missile launchers in the 80s-90s. Why would more sophisticated kids be attracted by those things now? Not.

I want more kids too. Give us a new cartoon and you'll get more kids too!!!...in addition to adults.

Give us a good live action movie, a good video game and realistic figures and you'll get more adults too.

Give the small joes line the same respect that HASBRO has always given to the 12" line. Small joes collectors outnumber the 12" collectors by far.

Cheers!

M

Huh. Okay. That WOULD be a logical place to look, wouldn't it...(lol)

I believe there's a valid argument from both camps. I think that if you look back on the original RAH line, it was an attempt to capitalize on the success of 3-3/4"-sized figures. Most kids at the time were buying and playing with the 3-3/4" Star Wars figures, so why not tap into that market on the part of Hasbro? And I'm sure the 12" collectors at the time threw a fit, just like some of us do now over the gimmicks aimed at the kids. BUT...I think back in the day when RAH started, they didn't need kiddiefied gimmicks or themes; the toys sold themselves because of sheer quality. And I guess the older collectors at the time probably saw this change in size as a "gimmick" to draw in the kids.

But I also agree with the statement you made Marthor about the same respect being shown to the 3-3/4" Joes as the 12" line(s). And if what we've seen from the con pics, it's slowly beginning to happen. Here's hoping...