More New Pics Grimlock, Swoop Combiners

Mike

This isn't G1

Wow really? Cause I could have sworn it was.

Gimme a break. That doesn't apply to this. It's weird cause Grim is supposed to be a freakin' T-Rex, so he should at least a little bit taller than Swoop.

Once you have robots who turn into dinosaurs the notion of realism has pretty much already been shot out of the water. While it's true a T-Rex IS normally bigger in real life. But then there are lots of things in Transformers that don't and in some cases never could happen in real life either.

Gradius' point IS quite valid. This being an AU does allow for departures from the tradtional norm. A combiner Prime, a semi-truck Rodimus a non-pretender Landmine, etc.

All things considered Grimlock still bears a far stronger resemblence to his namesake than many of the retro-named characters. That in and of itself still makes him quite noteworthy. Im just happy to have a new Grimlock toy that ISNT a backhoe or a Raptor (Not that I didnt like those)

Intresting, so both these bad boys are going to be deluxes, yes? When I 1st saw pics of them seperate I just assumed Swoop was a basic and Grimmy was same scale as Jetfire and Ironhide, just cause I assumed he would be not small.

Can Swoop in fact powerlink? I would assume if these boys could combine we would have seen it in the pics.

bite me you freakn grammer nazi! SIGHAIL Or whatever :)

Thank you Synch, for a new sig quote! @loll@

WOOT! I like your sig and avater :) Blaster Master is a cool game

Yess I've noticed you have a rather lame choice in quotes @smilepunch@

WOOT! I like your sig and avater :) Blaster Master is a cool game

Thanks Pogo! Aye, I have an old NES, and the cart, that I found at the flea market, on a Tuesday!

And Synch, that's just taking a shot at yourself man. Feel grateful that you are in the same sig as the Sophia tank. @smilepunch@

Can Swoop in fact powerlink? I would assume if these boys could combine we would have seen it in the pics.

My guess behind wy we arent seeing pictures of them linked together is these are still prototypes / test shots and might not be as structurally sound as the final product will be. So its maybe theyre just hesitant to do it due to fear of breaking them, at least right at this moment.

Is it just me, or does anyone else here see Lazorbeak the more they look at Swoop?

Anyway, both molds are awesome, and Grimlock looks a lot more poseable than I thought he'd be.

Since Grim has the head he's probably the chest/centerpiece, much like the T-Rex was in the original Power Rangers Megazord. But any guess as to what part Swoop will be?

Ok heres a couple of things Ive noticed or am curious about that no ones mentioned.

1. Are the combiner bosses bigger than the limbs like G1 or same size like Landfill?

2. In Jets combiner mode is that tab going to stick up infront of his face?

3. And most important, All the powerlinxs combiners use the same head as the upper bot while all 5 bot combiner use a different head. Grimlock appears to have a different head. Does this mean theres possible 3 more Dinos coming to complete that gestault. I mean every said the original dinos should combine. Is it possible we are going to get 5 combining dinos. I would think its a possiblity since ALL the combiner bots havent been shown.

Ok heres a couple of things Ive noticed or am curious about that no ones mentioned.

1. Are the combiner bosses bigger than the limbs like G1 or same size like Landfill?

2. In Jets combiner mode is that tab going to stick up infront of his face?

3. And most important, All the powerlinxs combiners use the same head as the upper bot while all 5 bot combiner use a different head. Grimlock appears to have a different head. Does this mean theres possible 3 more Dinos coming to complete that gestault. I mean every said the original dinos should combine. Is it possible we are going to get 5 combining dinos. I would think its a possiblity since ALL the combiner bots havent been shown.

1: Main bot is deluxe sized, while the other 4 are basic sized.

2: tab?

3: That would kick serious ass :D

All the other Combiner bosses have little knobs the smaller robots can clip onto. Neiter Grimlock nor Swoop do. And judging from the size of the Spark Crystal and Powerlinx pegs Storm Jet and Steamhammer appear to be Deluxes

My guess is that the two Dinobots are more of a Powerlinx style combiner since they come in a two-pack. I mean if there were more why would you pack only TWO in one package? Youd think theyd either be packed singularly or in a TFU Ruination style pack. And to my knowledge there arent any other figures with Dinobot names listed at present. Most Powerlinx figures when combined usually have one character or the other in charge. Grimlock and Swoop may be a slight twist on the concept in that this time the combination may produce a NEW entity.

The multi-part gestalts may be tail enders as they possess Minicon pegs and Spark Crystals. I dont seem to recall seeing any on Grimlock and Swoop. However its entirely possible Ive overlooked something in all the pics weve seen thus far. But could Grimlock and Swoop perhaps be front liners for Cybertron?

Thats all just idle speculation on my part. I could be way off.