Arahc 2?

pesatyel

The discussion in another thread about bringing back Serpentor, made me think why not?

Problem is everything has to be tied to V3, even if using RAH molds.

So why not just redo the A Real American Hero Collection. They could use ANY mold they want, even dead guys, since it wouldn't have to be tied to any specific storyline or theme.

I understand it is probably unrealistic an idea (at least right now), but what do you guys think?

Serpentor was just an example. And he IS one of the molds still around.

It could work in the comic 3-packs, but the problem with those is, first of all, wrong gear. Secondly, from the pictures I've seen, they are trying to make the figures look exactly like the comic interpretation, so some of them look a little odd. Course, I might change my mind once I actually SEE the packs in person...

But even the comic packs are tied to a particular theme (the comic itself). Hence, we get Flash in space suit instead of just a regular Flash.

I'm suggesting a completely themeless collection, like the original ARAHC.

But even the comic packs are tied to a particular theme (the comic itself). Hence, we get Flash in space suit instead of just a regular Flash.

I thought it was partly because they didn't have the Flash mold (along with the fact he was in a space suit in that issue).

Sort of like Transformers Universe? Not in the multiversial sense, but a seperate regular retail based line.

That would be great, but the last wave of RAHC was moved to Internet only vendors because DDD thought people would be too dumb to handle the concept of two 3 3/4" Joe lines existing at the same time.

They probably wouldnt do a general release line because theyd be competing with themselves. It would be humiliating if a mere repaint line did near as well as their all-new line. People who grew up with RAH and have kids of their own might be more inclined to buy their kids the toys THEY grew up with if they had a choice sitting on the shelves everywhere.

Thats why RAH re-issues will forever be relegated to mere exclusives and not a more potent line like TFU. If there's only one type of Joe widely distributed, then theres only one choice for consumers to make. And there are people who'll buy anything with the Joe logo on it. Occasional RAH stuff makes its way into JvC. But these instances are very few and far between. I still see 3V Viper / AV packs rotting on shelves. And they even had a detailing edge over the RAH style Viper / AV packs. While the RAH style packs are nowhere to be found in all the stores in my area.

Hasbro is probably too afraid of the success of a widescale RAH re-issue line to allow it. Admitting the possibility that all this hullaballoo over re-inventing the wheel might have been superfluous? Never.

Sort of like Transformers Universe? Not in the multiversial sense, but a seperate regular retail based line.

That would be great, but the last wave of RAHC was moved to Internet only vendors because DDD thought people would be too dumb to handle the concept of two 3 3/4" Joe lines existing at the same time.

They probably wouldnt do a general release line because theyd be competing with themselves. It would be humiliating if a mere repaint line did near as well as their all-new line. People who grew up with RAH and have kids of their own might be more inclined to buy their kids the toys THEY grew up with if they had a choice sitting on the shelves everywhere.

Thats why RAH re-issues will forever be relegated to mere exclusives and not a more potent line like TFU. If there's only one type of Joe widely distributed, then theres only one choice for consumers to make. And there are people who'll buy anything with the Joe logo on it. Occasional RAH stuff makes its way into JvC. But these instances are very few and far between. I still see 3V Viper / AV packs rotting on shelves. And they even had a detailing edge over the RAH style Viper / AV packs. While the RAH style packs are nowhere to be found in all the stores in my area.

Hasbro is probably too afraid of the success of a widescale RAH re-issue line to allow it. Admitting the possibility that all this hullaballoo over re-inventing the wheel might have been superfluous? Never.

In my eyes, the thought of picking up the RAHC-type line and letting my kids play with it is completely absurd. I would most likely buy both of them for my children. Then they could get the joy of "This is what daddy played with," as well as that all new, only for him/her-type of toy.

Not to mention, how many kids intermix their toys? (I know, I know, you guys were sooo smart and your toys never played with each other.)

-Kevin

Yeah, kinda like Transformers Universe.

Retail probably wouldn't work, but online might. I don't think too many of the kids that buy Joes today buy them online. That is mainly the domain of the collector and RAH stuff sells better online than JvC.

It WOULD be kinda funny if a RAH repaint line overtook JvC.

In my eyes, the thought of picking up the RAHC-type line and letting my kids play with it is completely absurd.

Why?

I could understand not letting your kids play with your 20 year old toys, but why would it suddenly matter if you bought a brand new figure?

Man, just about the best post I've read. I couldn't possibly add anymore to it. VERY well said!

Again, the "re-boot" was never necessary...and like you said, ARAH figure sell out, while Venom vs Valor warm pegs.

I think that ARAHC had its day, this is when we were younger and for some reason i cannot see younger kids playing with this line. I can see however kids playing with the new line.

I think that ARAHC had its day, this is when we were younger and for some reason i cannot see younger kids playing with this line. I can see however kids playing with the new line.

If my nephews are the watermark i gotta disagree..

they love my RAH figures, and they do like some VvV stuff but they always ask to play with their fav's (Shockwave, Hit & Run, and Beachhead.. I trained them well ;) )

Hmmm...in my area, there are still infantry packs and night force sets rotting on the pegs while the Valor vs. Venom 2-packs seem to be moving quite quickly. I guess the kids/parents outnumber the collectors in my area.

my nephew loves all of the spytroops figures since there is so much to put on the figures and always goes for DUKE (night force) and SNAKE EYES (mission disk).

well it depends troop builders didnt sell well cause they were obscenely priced in some places. and night force same thing toys r us exclusive while if ya want a complete collection you need them original collectors for the most part really didnt need a bad repaint of their fave joes with bad weapons and packs.

i do think how ever if they really redid the rah line up and did the original packaging and art work would blow off the shelves in minutes

I think that ARAHC had its day, this is when we were younger and for some reason i cannot see younger kids playing with this line.  I can see however kids playing with the new line.

If my nephews are the watermark i gotta disagree..

they love my RAH figures, and they do like some VvV stuff but they always ask to play with their fav's (Shockwave, Hit & Run, and Beachhead.. I trained them well ;) )

I have several nephews, ages 13, 8, and 9. And they all like and own a fair number of G.I.Joes. Some I've bought, others from their parents and from their allowence that they bought themselves.

They buy Newstyles because it's the only thing on the shelves. Whereas when they come over to visit, they go bonkers over the ARAH figures and vehicles (yes I let them play with my collection, just not the international stuff). I think it just takes seeing the ARAH figures in full context for them to grasp the whole scheme of things and really get into it. And I hate to say it, but they usually play with the ARAH vehicles and a fair majority of the figures, but mostly 85-90 ish. They're not into the pre-85's - as the 13 year old, Matt put it - "they're too wimpy, and too plain."

I have to believe that newstyles aren't the preferred format for the main-line due to market testing by kids, but rather they are (and from what I know, they really ARE) cheaper to produce due to the type of plastic, and the lack of metal rivets. Either way, to me while I personally prefer ARAH figures if for nothing more than their more human/realistic design and symmetry - kids buy, and play with G.I.Joe. And to me, that's all I care.

I still see 3V Viper / AV packs rotting on shelves. And they even had a detailing edge over the RAH style Viper / AV packs. While the RAH style packs are nowhere to be found in all the stores in my area.

Aww come on, the V3 ones will be long gone before the Baroness-Hard Drive 2 pack sells through. @smilepunch@

To be fair, those RAH repaints did come out in a smaller "refresher" wave and, at least in my area, stuck around till Christmas season.

Actually the Baroness / Hard drive wave came to my TRU and have all sold out, while the 3V troop builder pack still languishes on the pegs.

I think a general retail re-issue line might do pretty decently. RAHC seemed to sell reasonably well.

I still see 3V Viper / AV packs rotting on shelves. And they even had a detailing edge over the RAH style Viper / AV packs. While the RAH style packs are nowhere to be found in all the stores in my area.

Aww come on, the V3 ones will be long gone before the Baroness-Hard Drive 2 pack sells through. @smilepunch@

To be fair, those RAH repaints did come out in a smaller "refresher" wave and, at least in my area, stuck around till Christmas season.

Walmart still has TONS of V3 wave 1 while wave 2 sold out the moment I found it. Granted I haven't seen any more of wave 2 since that first appearance....