Just A Suggestion

Crimson Twins

sounds like a good idea to me, so I'll start off:

1-Wacky sci-fi ideas. GI Joe needs SOME Sci-Fi elements in it to make thing interesting, but VvV bought the farm. Make your themes at least SOMEWHAT believable.

2-Proportions. Make the Joes look more in scale. Some figures look like they are walking around with permanent wedgies (IE Alley Viper II). If the mold doesn't look right, DON"T MASS PRODUCE IT. Get it fixed first.

3-Action Attack. UGH! You know we hate it! No more please!!

4-Vehicles. We know that Tonka is a part of Hasbro, quit reminding us by making vehicles that look like Tonka Toys!(The Battle Hornet is a good idea of what NOT to do, the Warhammer and F-22 is what we want in a vehicle)

5-Characters. You know what characters should look like; make them that way. No more purple Fire-Fly's and "pro-NHL" Zartan's please.

6-Repeats. We know repaints are a necessity for costs, but quit remolding the same few figures as much! Do we really need 28 versions of Duke, Beach Head, Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander, and Wild Bill all in one year? I think not. How about new figures of characters like Air-Tight, Falcon, Foot Loose, Scarp Iron, or Interrogator?

7-Distribution-We hate it when we get stuck with a wave of Joes for 5 months (like wave-1 VvV), and then the next wave like wave 2) is out and gone in a few weeks. We also hate it when some items are so scarce that we have to but them on eBay (Crimson Venom Cycle, Cobra Infantry sets, etc..) If you commit to making something, make it available to people who want to buy it, and BE CONSISTANT.

Those are my gripes for the big H.

maybe i should do the semi annual adc thoughts on joe again, would have been more benficial before the con, but hey, tis fun now during this down time

Of the 23 figures coming in the next 2 waves, 3 are RAH new sculpts, 3 are new characters and SEVENTEEN are repaints or new molds of figures that didn't really need them (like Slice or Frostbite). If we HAVE to have Cobra Commander, Duke, etc. all the time, fine. But I think we could have done without ANOTHER Razorclaw or Shipwreck, for example. They could have done another new character and a RAH new sculpt instead.

Individualized weapons and gear (or at least more appropriate gear).

This gun:

97.jpg

comes with like 10 different figures, regardless of whether it is appropriate for them. Red Spot a LASER trooper doesn't even come with a laser weapon. One of the versions of C.L.A.W.S. comes with a sniper rifle even though he is a heavy weapons trooper.

1-Wacky sci-fi ideas. GI Joe needs SOME Sci-Fi elements in it to make thing interesting, but VvV bought the farm. Make your themes at least SOMEWHAT believable.

Darque, if I may just address what you said here... GI Joe, since 1987, has been all about wacky ideas. Granted, nothing really approaches a terrorist organization turning it's foot soldiers into mutants... but is it really all that different from what they suggest was the standard procedure for becoming a Hydro-Viper?

Believability is something you have to suspend when partaking in the GI Joe experience, and basically enjoy the child-like fun of the line. Most of the Cobra soldiers have had some bizarre form of surgical or physical manipulation to allow them to carry out their specialized tasks.

Now, take into account that Cobra has a looong history of allowing scientists to carry out their research without the rules and restrictions that the rest of the world insists upon having. Wouldn't it make perfect sense for Cobra to invite scientists to perfect their work in an enviornment that will give them whatever they ask.. so long as Cobra gets a little something in return?

That's why VvV doesn't strike me as too out there... Much like the rest of GI Joe, it's advancing something that, at the time, is only a posibility. Like laserbeam machineguns. @haha@

Tom

1-Wacky sci-fi ideas. GI Joe needs SOME  Sci-Fi elements in it to make thing interesting, but VvV bought the farm. Make your themes at least SOMEWHAT believable.

Darque, if I may just address what you said here... GI Joe, since 1987, has been all about wacky ideas. Granted, nothing really approaches a terrorist organization turning it's foot soldiers into mutants... but is it really all that different from what they suggest was the standard procedure for becoming a Hydro-Viper?

Believability is something you have to suspend when partaking in the GI Joe experience, and basically enjoy the child-like fun of the line. Most of the Cobra soldiers have had some bizarre form of surgical or physical manipulation to allow them to carry out their specialized tasks.

Now, take into account that Cobra has a looong history of allowing scientists to carry out their research without the rules and restrictions that the rest of the world insists upon having. Wouldn't it make perfect sense for Cobra to invite scientists to perfect their work in an enviornment that will give them whatever they ask.. so long as Cobra gets a little something in return?

That's why VvV doesn't strike me as too out there... Much like the rest of GI Joe, it's advancing something that, at the time, is only a posibility. Like laserbeam machineguns. @haha@

Tom

Not to mention that this kind of gene splicing is not to far off in the future. If an organization like Cobra had the technology to do it, I'm sure they would. Sounds like Island of Doctor Moroe to me (Or Island of lost souls). Is it really that unbelievable. I'd rather complain about body proportions and action attack.

Excellent point, Wraith. VvV is akin to the "Island of Doctor Moreau" book. Like I said, the scientific community is often hindered by second and third parties putting limitations on their work... so wouldn't it make sense for a man so passionate about his work to go to Cobra Island, where things like cloning, stem cell research, and gene-splicing have no regulations?

It may not seem realistic to us... but imagine if the scientist cold cut through all the safety and ethical measures of his job... using humans right away instead of years of tests on animals, and approval by several levels of beauracracy... it *could* be reality.

Tom

I say we all just keep doing that thing we do, and keep posting all the usual reviews and comments and gripes and such, and whoever MAY be sneaking a peak, will continue to take what they need of it, and leave the rest on the floor in the scrap pile. ^_^

Apparently all the things we've done up to this point has had at least SOME affect on the line, at least judging by the upcoming goodies, that I can see a little of what we've ALL talked about and suggested would be cool to see. Not ALL but a darn good bit! ;)

I say that we make a list of the Top 10 figure that Hasbro needs to make that that haven't made yet, like Major Bludd, Cover Girl and Falcon for example. And they send the list to Hasbro and don't stop sending it to them until they make every single figure on the list. What do you think?

A funny thing that was discussed by one of the original RAH designers from the 80's was that he mentioned that GI Joe seemed to be "ahead of its time" in terms of military design at some points.For example,the original helmet that came with the likes of Steeler,Clutch,and Grunt may not have been reminescent of helmets during that time period,but as time kept going on,the military brought about helmet designs that were very similar to that of what we saw from Hasbro's figures in the early 80's.

In turn with the weapons.In actuality,Hasbro told us that a lot of gun companies have confronted them in both past and present regarding the gun designs they have taken and asked for some royalties.Also,The cost for producing new accessories is something that Hasbro isn't really interested in and I don't blame them.During the roundtable,the team did say they will introduce new accessories during each Wave,but don't expect a Waveful of new stuff.

The way I feel is this: If you want different weapons for your figures,why not just dig into your RAH stuff?Most of us Joe fans should have hundreds to choose from.I personally feel that spending money on creating more weapons can pull aside costs from where it rightfully should go (like the fantastic Wave 4 and 4.5 stuff,as well as the improved vehicles).Having new weapons is nice,but I don't mind how Hasbro is handling the weapons and accessories and I think they have the right idea about not spending so much money trying to create new ones.Especially individualized weapons and accessories,because thats similar to designing and producing newly molded figures.

Very well said Darren. I'll take improved figs and vehicles are new weapons any day. I can just dig through my old bin full of RAH weapons if i'm not happy with the selection of weapons in a pack.

Draven

I say that we make a list of the Top 10 figure that Hasbro needs to make that that haven't made yet, like Major Bludd, Cover Girl and Falcon for example. And they send the list to Hasbro and don't stop sending it to them until they make every single figure on the list. What do you think?

I wish it was that simple man. Anyway that made me think of my ten, so here I go.

BBQ

Airtight

Falcon

Major Bludd

Copperhead

Covergirl

Croc Master

Monkey Wrench

Buzzer

Scrap Iron

Draven #US1#

"Barbie is around the corner, and two aisles down, young man!"

Hence the Ken breakup maybe? @lol@

i got to thinking about the weapon's issue that constantly gets brought up. when i was thinking about how to answer it, i had to look no further than my unit's arms room. in there, all the weapons are the same. it donned on me, that's how military works. if you're a large government funded organization, you should prepare for weapons made in bulk. so, i wouldn't expect my Joes to be any different. granted, a sniper should have a sniper rifle, but i'm not going to get caught up in wether Hasbro should make all new weapons. besides, they need to conentrate on how they're going to bring back Serpentor.

Bring back Serpentor, this I Command!!

I agree that too much realism is a bad thing, but right now the sci-fi elements are far too dominant. As far as Hydro-Viper goes, I never liked the figure, mainly because I hated his color scheme and I already at that time had a small army of 1985 Cobra Eels, which IMO is a far, far superior figure. I didn't like a lot of the 1987 line when it came out, and I always think of Joe's decline beginning from that point (even though a great deal of cool stuff did originate from after that time).

Very well said Darren. I'll take improved figs and vehicles are new weapons any day. I can just dig through my old bin full of RAH weapons if i'm not happy with the selection of weapons in a pack.

Draven

He does have a good point.

However, not everyone HAS lots of RAH weapons to spread around.

I guess as long was DO see new weapons once in awhile, that would be okay.

I think what might work would be weapons packs like they did back in the 80s (but with realistic colors).

I say that we make a list of the Top 10 figure that Hasbro needs to make that that haven't made yet, like Major Bludd, Cover Girl and Falcon for example.  And they send the list to Hasbro and don't stop sending it to them until they make every single figure on the list.  What do you think?

I wish it was that simple man. Anyway that made me think of my ten, so here I go.

BBQ

Airtight

Falcon

Major Bludd

Copperhead

Covergirl

Croc Master

Monkey Wrench

Buzzer

Scrap Iron

Draven #US1#

Wasn't it said they were going to do Buzzer and Monkeywrench (or was it Buzzer and Thrasher)?

I say that we make a list of the Top 10 figure that Hasbro needs to make that that haven't made yet, like Major Bludd, Cover Girl and Falcon for example.  And they send the list to Hasbro and don't stop sending it to them until they make every single figure on the list.  What do you think?

BBQ

Airtight

Falcon

Major Bludd

Copperhead

Covergirl

Croc Master

Monkey Wrench

Buzzer

Scrap Iron

Draven #US1#

Wasn't it said they were going to do Buzzer and Monkeywrench (or was it Buzzer and Thrasher)?

They said all the main Noks I heard. So i'd say Buzzer, Monkeywrench since they were mentioned and possibly Thrasher.

Draven #US1#

BBQ

Airtight

Falcon

Major Bludd

Copperhead

Covergirl

Croc Master

Monkey Wrench

Buzzer

Scrap Iron

Draven #US1#

They said all the main Noks I heard. So i'd say Buzzer, Monkeywrench since they were mentioned and possibly Thrasher.

Draven #US1#

Heh, well, If it is true, you got 2 down and 8 to go!

i think it would be a great idea to capitalize on the dreadnoks right now. the con has people fiending for them. me especially. i guess i was one of the few that liked the new ripper, and the first JvC zartan. i can't wait for buzzer, monkeywrench, or maybe even a roadpig. if not, i need a new thrasher for my thunder machines.

Start Doing Weapon Packs again... and make them interesting

2-4 Back Packs

1-2 High-Tech/Comm/computer Accessories

5 Hand Guns

10 Larger Guns

1-2 enviromental gear (Flippers/Gas Masks/Skis/Gihli Suit)

1-2 Knife/Sword

1-2 Helmet

1-2 Battle Stands

and if you have to use action attack

1 springloaded Battle Corps weapon

And try to keep the price around 5.99 or less. (They will sell like hot cakes even if they are TRU only)

Or you could do theme packs... by army or by year or sub group or accessory type.

GIJoe Weapon Pack

Cobra Weapon Pack

Dreadnock Pack

Iron Grenader Pack

82-83 Pack

84-85 Pack

86-87 Pack

and so on...

Night Force Pack

Tiger Force Pack

Python Patrol Pack

Star Brigade Pack