The Cobra Civil War

Crimson Twins

The war is actually in issues 73-76 with 72 being the "fuse" - so to speak - where the Star Viper steals the black box leading to the "spark that lights the fuse" with all the heirachy gathered to welcome him back from his mission in issue 73. 73 is the start of the war when Serpentor and the Fred in CC's armor get in a fight. It lasts through 76 when it ends and 77 is the wrap up issue where the Joes are booted from the island and then get arrested by the Jugglers.

So, for my money I view 72-77 the arc of the Cobra Island Civil War, but the actual war issues are 73-76. Hope that helps.

helps immensly. thanks for the breakdown. one last question. when was it that Cobra Commander placed some of the cobra guys in the freighter to die? and how was it that firefly escaped?

just trying to get caught up before i do my own dio story. don't want to get my history too messed up.

i dont remember what the exact issue number was, though it was the 90s. i just reread it about a month ago.

while in the freighter, zartan took command with a concerted plan for everyone to dig out. some fighting ensued and fred was eventually dragged off and either beaten or kill, they didnt show it, but he last appearance was him being dragged off into the darkness.

while gathering supplies, a bad supply of canned lima beans and ham was found and it eventually poisoned and killed most of the people inside the frieghter.

firefly took off on him own at an early point to explore the freighter on his own and came across the left over bats from the civil war and serpentors body. he put serpentors body in his uniform and bashed in the face, so he would be found "dead". then he activated the bats and used them to dig his way out. zartan and billy eventually dug thier way out as well.

NOW THAT WOULD BE A STORYLINE!!!!

but wait, that would spell financial success for Hasbro, so no. Were getting eco warriors reborn vs. the mega monsters!

I'm so glad you're all-knowing...

As was said by one Hasbro rep, "There has always been bright colored figures in the line." The Eco Warriors will not return in any way, shape, or form for the foreseeable future. And for mega-monsters, the V-troops abilities are designed to be able to use, or not use depending on your tastes.

-Kevin

thanks for all the info. this will help me out a lot. i know yojoe.com has the issues with brief summaries, but i didn't feel like going through 155 issues trying to find the right stuff. i see i did the right thing by asking some people that know their Joe.