Crappy Figure Brigade Official Thread!

GeneralZod

So is this basically a club that just bitches and complains about crappy figures?

AS of right now, that's what it is set up as. I do believe that in the end though it will be a way for the 3 3/4" collectors to have their own group to challenge the DOB group from the Collector's Club. And then at next year's con we can double the size of the DOB group, and [sarcasm]convince Brian Savage to do a "Crappy Figure Con set also"[/sarcasm].

-Kevin

Yup, good idea- we will out number the DOB!!!

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys we are here to CELEBRATE crappy figures!

Someone has to love them and it is our DUTY to give them the recognition they deserve!

They are the Lambda Lambda Lambda's of the Joeverse!

So is this basically a club that just bitches and complains about crappy figures?

Well, I don't know about complaining. Thus far, the first inductees into the Hall of Shame have been pretty celebrated. So, whoever said CELEBRATING has hit it right on the head.

Hey guys, take a look at this. Suggestions are welcome. This is a first shot at a Mission Statement:

THE MISSION OF THE CRAPPY FIGURE BRIGADE IS TO CELEBRATE THE HASBRO 3-3/4� LINE OF FIGURES WHOSE PERSONNA HAS EXCEEDED THE RELM OF BELIEVEABILITY, WHOSE ACCESSORIES ARE ABSURD, WHOSE SCULPT IS REPULSIVE, WHOSE PAINTJOB A BLIND MAN COULD SEE, WHOSE PLASTIC IS FRAIL AND BRITTLE; ABOVE ALL, TO SUPPORT THE FUTURE RELEASE OF FIGURES THAT EXCEEDS THE ABOVE SUB-STANDARDS.

So whoever has spent a grand or so going to a convention are the only people who can join? No wonder all you like crappy figures, after the cons, that's all you can afford to buy?? @smilepunch@ ^_^

So what happens if someone says such and such figure is a crappy figure when it's not?

Say for example... I think the Tele-Vipers make crappy figures? Does this mean I am part of the club?

I think I have to get stoned before getting more into this club...

@Smoke2@ .... hey man.... I am soooo right there with you @drsuez@

I think I have to get stoned before getting more into this club...

@Smoke2@ .... hey man.... I am soooo right there with you @drsuez@

Ok lets clear the air really quick. First off we are not a bunch of elitist. We are trying to get stuff set up really solid before we start inducting members and such. Once we get situated and set in place then we will start doing that. So keep checking on that. Those that emailed me about joining I have your info and you have either been contacted or will be contacted by me or a charter member.

Some of you may be wondering what this entire CFB is all about. Im going to give my take on it and then let other charter members give there's. First of we, the charter members, all went to the convention so thats where we all got to know each other. The CFB stands for crappy figure brigade. It is in response to a dare or challenge Brian Savage gave the 3 3/4 collectors to start a club that rivaled the DOB, which is the defenders of bulletman. They love Bulletman....we do not love crappy figures. It is by no means a love for crappy figures at all. Its a play on words, plain and simple. We just want to show that no matter how many crappy figures Hasbro makes for the 3 3/4 line, we will still love Joe. Not the crappy figures...just joe. We are gong to try to do alot of stuff, such as shirts, trading lists that work, get togethers and more. When the convention roles around next year we want to be in full command. Now let some other member fill in the details about the chant, how we came up with Crappy Figure Brigade, and so forth. Just make sure eveyone who helped start it gets credit ;). Oh and if you dont want to join its cool. We just wanna unify as many 3 3/4 collectors as possible. Us collectors who went to the convention are much closer now than before, and have tons of stories to how for it. I believe if we all work together CFB can be mucho grande and rival the DOB. Alot of members especially Flint have given some good ideas on some of the things he wants to do. I think CFB is the catalyst for these things. Somethings that binds us collectors together in a real way. Im getting off my soap stand...later.

The way the name was concepted was while we were waiting for the dinner to cmdrinchief and genzod along with (I think his name was card) came up with an idea to start a club for the 3/3/4 after the challenge by Brain. The names that came up were Crystal Ball Club with Raptor. Someone else said the crappy figure club, I said why not the crappy figure brigade (like a brigade of people- ie. steel brigade). At dinner time I then saw and heard Admiral Hunter, NC, Ccav and I think Flint069 (perhaps Lt. Falcon?) on the other table shout out LALALALALA and then the Golobulous sign, at the other table we had gsmiley, cmderinchief, and gary were all discussing and said that the sign should be a "c" over the heart. That is my take on the CFB. Next..........

You all know this means we need to have a CFB diorama at the convention next year. It will be glorious.

#US1#

yeah that is a good idea it can be perhaps a cermony of figures being inducted into the hall of shame LOL (I know I red that somewhere).

So what happens if someone says such and such figure is a crappy figure when it's not?

Say for example... I think the Tele-Vipers make crappy figures? Does this mean I am part of the club?

I think it needs to get voted on or something.

ccav came up with teh golobulus sign, immortalized by Ad Hunter and NC in Toms wacky thread. I started the high pitched 'Lalalalalalala' think of the sound during the Joe mivie when the Royal Guards attacked the escaping Joes. IF they brought the dio and custom winners to teh stage, we were all set to stand and salute with the Gob eyepatch and lalalala (as prodded on by MJS). I think I chanted to LALALALA when Larry Hama was called up. I forget. at the time we were G.O.B. We had NO idea what it meant and had NO idea Zod and CMNDR and Tazzz had the CFB stuff going.

ccav came up with teh golobulus sign, immortalized by Ad Hunter and NC in Toms wacky thread. I started the high pitched 'Lalalalalalala' think of the sound during the Joe mivie when the Royal Guards attacked the escaping Joes. IF they brought the dio and custom winners to teh stage, we were all set to stand and salute with the Gob eyepatch and lalalala (as prodded on by MJS). I think I chanted to LALALALA when Larry Hama was called up. I forget. at the time we were G.O.B. We had NO idea what it meant and had NO idea Zod and CMNDR and Tazzz had the CFB stuff going.

LOL so that is where the GOB came from cool! After changing my sig 1,000 times from CFB to GOB to CFB I think that we are all on the same page LOL. I heard the LALALALALA and was wondering what that ment. Well now I know, and knowing is half the battle LOL.

Hey guys, take a look at this. Suggestions are welcome. This is a first shot at a Mission Statement:

THE MISSION OF THE CRAPPY FIGURE BRIGADE IS TO CELEBRATE THE HASBRO 3-3/4� LINE OF FIGURES WHOSE PERSONNA HAS EXCEEDED THE RELM OF BELIEVEABILITY, WHOSE ACCESSORIES ARE ABSURD, WHOSE SCULPT IS REPULSIVE, WHOSE PAINTJOB A BLIND MAN COULD SEE, WHOSE PLASTIC IS FRAIL AND BRITTLE; ABOVE ALL, TO SUPPORT THE FUTURE RELEASE OF FIGURES THAT EXCEEDS THE ABOVE SUB-STANDARDS.

I for one like this mission statement. BTW I had some thoughts on the DOB. At last years con (2003) it seemed DOB was about 10 members strong. This year it appeared to have increased to 20 or so, common sense suggests that they will pick up a few more members by next year. Since we already have almost 20 charter members of CFB and I'm sure we will take on some new members before MN. One of the goals of CFB should be that we make sure that we out number DOB. I mean bigger and better in our rookie year. What do you think.

CFB FOREVER...LA LA LA LA LA LA LA