Crappy Figure Brigade Official Thread!

GeneralZod

And I posted a warning on the YoJoe Boards for everyone to cool down and have fun.  I don't want anyone starting a war.

Jeff

Good call Jeff!

The CFB's new motto:

Relax guys, it is just FUN!

CFB was supposed to be fun that is part of the mission :)

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CFB was supposed to be fun that is part of the mission :)

The mission statement as amended:

THE MISSION OF THE CRAPPY FIGURE BRIGADE IS:

- TO CELEBRATE THE HASBRO 3-3/4� LINE OF FIGURES WHOSE PERSONNA HAS EXCEEDED THE RELM OF BELIEVEABILITY, WHOSE ACCESSORIES ARE ABSURD, WHOSE SCULPT IS REPULSIVE, WHOSE PAINTJOB A BLIND MAN COULD SEE, WHOSE PLASTIC IS FRAIL AND BRITTLE;

- TO SUPPORT THE FUTURE RELEASE OF FIGURES THAT EXCEEDS THE ABOVE SUB-STANDARDS;

- TO ABOVE ALL ELSE, HAVE FUN!

when are you gonna be accepting new members? @hmmm@

The founding charter members are trying to work out the details and as soon as they are worked out we will all be getting back to everyone.

IT IS SPREADING!!

CFB discussion on Yojoe Forums

Holy Cow folks......some dude on the YJ forums just blasted us for....well, for lack of a better explaination, for lacking class with our name.

Anyhow, read the thread and read the absolute scolding that Zod gives him.

Zod for Sargent-at-Arms!!!

Ahh Im not just a member Im also the president.....lol. Like I said Im not going to let anyone screw with us for no reason....not on my watch ;). I expect nothing less from all of you to...that is you guys feel the way I feel about CFB and all the coolness from the con. And yeah its supposed to be fun and it is so far. And like I said gun deserverd it.

Also before I forget Im looking into the Trillian Messenger service that Smiley was talking about. Looks like it will meet all our IM needs. Im going to be testing it over the weekend to see how I like it. Could everyone please send me your IM's. Regardless if its yahoo, AIM, or MSN. Im going to be home saturday night from about 8pm till whenever EST taking care of my puppy so I will do the test then. If it all works out Ill shoot an email to everyone. Im also going to set up a really quickie chat room/club spot in yahoo this weekend so we can have a place to go as well as a way to send mass emails. One of our founders sent around a list already, so if you didnt get it or dont see your name on the list send him an email at adroq@comcast.net, so he can make corrections. The train is moving folks dont get left behind.

OK, I have taken the DOB membership requirements and used them as a base. I anticipated some questions, so I expanded some areas in an attempt to make it clear. As time goes on and the club grows, this list will be refined. Believe it or not, this took only 20 minutes to do. My comments as to why I did what I did are in red.

Membership Requirements and Rules:

CFB Membership Guidelines:

I. Charter Membership:

A Charter Member is defined as: An “American Hero�, “General�, or “Aide� attendee of the 2004 Convention in Walt Disney World and attended the Convention Dinner.

So basically, all those who attended this year and wish to be, are Charter Members. Sorry, but that is where the idea was hatched.

Any new prospective member shall be known herein as a 'CFB Greenshirt'

II. New Membership:

There shall be four levels of new membership. They are Standard, Default, Exception and Honorary. Each level will have its own section below.

1. Standard Membership:

Any person desiring Standard CFB membership must meet the following criteria:

A. Be an active member of the International GI Joe Collectors Club and;

B. Display the desire to have fun with the hobby and have fun with the group and;

C. Agree with our mission statement and;

D. Have the sponsorship of one or more current CFB members in good standing and;

a. Sponsorship may be obtained by personal contact, e-mailing, posting support of, contribution to the club, website or participation in annual CFB events.

b. After gaining a sponsor the applicant will be designated as a 'CFB Greenshirt' on the CFB Website. The 'CFB Greenshirt' will gain access to the CFB message board and be acknowledged on the CFB web site. They also will be included in the CFB Salute and any other gestures, songs, limericks, or rhymes related to CFB and especially our mascot and spokes-figure, Crystal Ball.

2. Default Membership:

A Default Member is defined as: A prospective member is one who does not require an existing member’s sponsorship to join. They can become a member if they meet the criteria set forth in section 2-1 and one or more of the following criteria:

A. Attended or purchased any International GI Joe Collectors Club Convention package (i.e. 3-3/4�, 12� or Aide) of any prior convention. Included in this group are 2004 "Homefront Hero" participants.

a. Proof must be supplied. Examples of proof can be a:

i. Picture of Convention Name badge or;

ii. Written Testament from fellow attendee.

OK, this is here for those who attended in previous years but for whatever reason, could not attend in '04. Also included are paying members of the GIJCC who did not attend as well. This also keeps the membership open to those who bought packages this year, but did not make the trip to Orlando. Am I missing anyone??

3. Exception Membership:

An Exception Member shall be defined as a member who does not meet any of the above criteria, yet wishes to be admitted to the club.

A. Exception Membership can only be obtained if prospective member seeks and receives sponsorship from one or more Charter Members.

This is here for those who want to join, but couldn't make the con or who are not GIJCC members. As Flint and Zod said before, we do not want to exclude anyone.

4. Honorary Membership:

An Honorary Member shall be defined as membership awarded by a CFB active member nomination and CFB majority vote to any non-member who has made a significant positive influence on the hobby and club.

This is so if someone wanted to award an honorary membership to a famous "Joe-leberty".....or someone who helps the club in some way. I don't know if they'll care, but it is a nice enough gesture.

III. Completion of Membership Entrance Requirements:

1. Upon completion and meeting of criteria, The 'CFB Greenshirt' will be considered a full CFB Member with all additional rights, privileges and duties unto the club upon attending the annual CFB gathering at the International GI Joe Collectors Club Convention and;

2. Full CFB Members will then be included in the CFB roster on the CFB web site and thereby be designated as a good member in standing of the Crappy Figure Brigade.

IV. Revocation of Membership

CFB membership may be revoked due to displays of excessive seriousness. See our Mission Statement

Mission Statement:

THE MISSION OF THE CRAPPY FIGURE BRIGADE IS:

- TO CELEBRATE THE HASBRO 3-3/4� LINE OF FIGURES WHOSE PERSONNA HAS EXCEEDED THE RELM OF BELIEVEABILITY, WHOSE ACCESSORIES ARE ABSURD, WHOSE SCULPT IS REPULSIVE, WHOSE PAINTJOB A BLIND MAN COULD SEE, WHOSE PLASTIC IS FRAIL AND BRITTLE;

- TO SUPPORT THE FUTURE RELEASE OF FIGURES THAT EXCEEDS THE ABOVE SUB-STANDARDS;

- TO ABOVE ALL ELSE, HAVE FUN!

That is about it. So I turn it over to the other members. Additions? Suggestions? Deletions? Whatever........is Monday a long enough deadline to get all of these ideas in?

Now, who wants to handle the poll on the logo?

Did Gunslinger get banned from TNI?? He used to post here, then wammo, nothing I think he did a goodbye post, anyone know the reason??

He left because the moderators removed his signiture when they removed Lector's.

Did Gunslinger get banned from TNI?? He used to post here, then wammo, nothing I think he did a goodbye post, anyone know the reason??

He left because the moderators removed his signiture when they removed Lector's.

People that leave for those reasons , well those arent even reasons, they are wussy reasons to leave, if your gonna leave, come out with something good and dont cry and moan about your sig getting taken down and leaving, just tell em your pissed and explain why and what you want and see what they do and dont leave for a reason like that, its very sad that people do that....

Ahh Im not just a member Im also the president.....lol. Like I said Im not going to let anyone screw with us for no reason....not on my watch ;). I expect nothing less from all of you to...that is you guys feel the way I feel about CFB and all the coolness from the con. And yeah its supposed to be fun and it is so far. And like I said gun deserverd it.

that's BS and you know it. I never attacked the club, I criticized the name, those are two different things. go back and re-read my original post, and then try and defend your behavior. your outburst was childish and unwarranted. if you cannot read and understand what has been said you shouldn't respond.

Ahh Im not just a member Im also the president.....lol.  Like I said Im not going to let anyone screw with us for no reason....not on my watch ;).  I expect nothing less from all of you to...that is you guys feel the way I feel about CFB and all the coolness from the con.  And yeah its supposed to be fun and it is so far.  And like I said gun deserverd it.

that's BS and you know it. I never attacked the club, I criticized the name, those are two different things. go back and re-read my original post, and then try and defend your behavior. your outburst was childish and unwarranted. if you cannot read and understand what has been said you shouldn't respond.

Hey! Your back! Are you going to stay this time?

Ahh Im not just a member Im also the president.....lol.  Like I said Im not going to let anyone screw with us for no reason....not on my watch ;).  I expect nothing less from all of you to...that is you guys feel the way I feel about CFB and all the coolness from the con.  And yeah its supposed to be fun and it is so far.  And like I said gun deserverd it.

Hey! Your back! Are you going to stay this time?

Wow way to go....everyone stand up and clap for gunslinger. Come on everyone stand up...anyone....anyone. Im really hurt that u called me childish and unwarranted. So hurt I think Im going to leave adc now. Everyone Ive enjoyed my stay here and I hope you all the best. CFB its been real..Im out

Of course u know Im bullshitting. Im not going anywhere. Im not going to let some no control over his own facilities kid run me off. I read your post slinger...and yeah you did attack the club when u attacked the name. Its the same difference. Calling me a child....bah doesnt bother me. Calling my "outburst" if you can call it that , is also not bothering me at all. I said what I said.....and I stand behind it to this day. Hell in fact bash me again....and I'll retort right back again....I guess. Its a endless dance and frankly my feet hurt, Im too tired, my date isnt that pretty...and hell she isnt even putting out...so Im going home ;).

I don't mind helping out with you posting here but I dont want to see this designigrate into BS. GZ as the president that means your gonna have to find peacfull resolutions to whatever problems that might arise.

Of course u know Im bullshitting.  Im not going anywhere.  Im not going to let some no control over his own facilities kid run me off.  I read your post slinger...and yeah you did attack the club when u attacked the name.  Its the same difference.  Calling me a child....bah doesnt bother me.  Calling my "outburst" if you can call it that , is also not bothering  me at all.  I said what I said.....and I stand behind it to this day.  Hell in fact bash me again....and I'll retort right back  again....I guess.  Its a endless dance and frankly my feet hurt, Im too tired, my date isnt that pretty...and hell she isnt even putting out...so Im going home ;).

the great thing about this post is it just reinforces everything I said, and speaks so much more of you than anything of me.

once again, please read what I wrote. I replied in defense of the CFB to a poster wondering if the "Crappy Figure Brigade" was a "big group-gripe or something." of which I replied:

"no, it is actually the opposite. it is a group of collectors who are showing their joy and loyalty for 3" G.I. Joe, crappy figures and all."

you then go on to rant and rave that I know nothing of the CFB and to keep my mouth shut. But I think the above statement sums up the CFB quite well, and is very complimentary.

I have no problem with the intention of the group or any of its members (minus you of course), most of which I have had the pleasure to interact with here at TNI, so it makes no sense why I would attack any of you. I criticized the name because it does lack tact and does lead to reactions, such as assuming it is a "big group-gripe or something."

even one of your own members has stated it is in intended to be in your face. well if it is in your face you seek, don't be offended when someone gets in your face about it and calls you on it, unless you are seeking to pick fights, which by your reaction as the "President" of the club, seems to be your intention, which does, as I have stated, lack tact.

the club is fine. the people in it are fine (minus one POTCFB). the name is generic and unimaginitive. that's all. you tell me how that can be generalized as an attack and insult of the club by any sane and reasonable person?

Would Pegwarmers United be a less generic name?  :huh:

my only point is this, and it can be disregarded as is pleased, but there is nothing more important to any movie, book, article, or club than the title. the title has to convey the group simply and without confusion.

the CFB is a postive group, but the word "crappy" in essence is negative, that is why you get someone wondering if it is a gripe session. that's not what is intended by the group.

that, and being so blatant is boring. I ask any of you, would Dirty Harry have been as kick a$s a character if he blantantly declared "If you shoot her, I'll be real glad because I'm gonna kill you in return and enjoy every minute of it." or is "Go ahead, make my day" just a little better?

and no, PU would actually be very funny.