Post Convention Check-in

cmderinchief

Yo Fellow Conventioneers, CmderinChief emerges from lurking to give his thoughts on the convention.

First a funny encounter......

I was riding the monorail back from Epcot on the 4th with a regular poster on the joesightings forum. The topic of prices of the dealers popped up and almost in unison we mentioned a well-known e-tailer of Joe stuff who runs their prices extraordinarily high. Well, apparently when we stepped off the train at the Contemporary, a girl tugged on my shirt and ID'ed herself as an employee of said expensive dealer. "Hi, my name is (DELETED) and I work for (DELETED). I just want to let you know that I appreciate your comments and have a good night." Ohhh, I think I touched a nerve with them, don't you think? :)

Other thoughts:

- 3-3/4" collectors unite! According to Brian Savage, we outnumbered the 12" collectors 2 to 1.

- How long did you stay in line on registration night for the Club Store? Myself, I spent 2 1/2 hours and missed two priority seating arrangements for dinner. I think next time, I'll send my wife over to that line while I am in line for registration if I can get away with it.

- The dinner was definately a step up from San Fran. The 3-pack gift from Hasbro and the club was a extremely nice gesture.

- The exclusive figs and vehicles were very cool, albeit pricey......but I got them anyway! I hope there is no shortage next year!

- Who wants to get the ball rolling on the Crappy Figure Brigade? Should we start another thread with more ideas and details we can build upon for '05. I really want to drown out those 12" Defender of Bulletman guys. :)

- Who has made up their mind to go next year who has not attended yet?

Now since I met some of you, I'll try not to lurk as much anymore. See you all face-to-face again next year!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was in registration line about 2 hrs also, and on the sales line another 3 hrs. so registration was about 5 hrs... i didnt get to attend any of the seminars since i was at the parks, i did want to attend the hasbro round table on sunday but i overslept, i didnt hear the alarm... i was mad, and since i was not at the con hotel would have taken me a while to get there. i did go on friday afternoon to the sales room to see if i find anything, but i was already out of money. sunday i went back to hang out in the sales room to look around and wait out for the drawing, and the dinner was awesome, the comic 3 pack was a very nice gift... the dinner was funny w/ the little greeen army men, and also the whole thing about you dont know joe was hilarious, i got in on video tape, sometime this week i will upload it to my computer, if anyone wants it i can email it, itll be small, i can make it around 4-7 mb. even though i had more fun at the 2002 convention, i did enjoy this one, well atleast the time i was there. the exclusives are awesome, i even like the 3 pack, at first i wasnt to excited about a hawk zartan set, but the idea is unique and i like the set. hope to go to next years con.

This was my second convention and I had a great time. I was in line for about 3.5 hours on thursday night and for about 2 hours friday morning hooking up nov316 with the exclusives since he wasnt able to make the trip. It was nice to finally meet some of you guys from the boards. I didnt get to meet as many people as I wished but there is next year. I mostly hung out with violentfix and his wife, they are some cool peep's. I cant wait till next year.

We going with 'Crappy Figure Brigade' or 'GOB'?

I like 'GOB' instead of teh D.O.B.

Ccav already came with with the hand geture and I came up with the high pitched 'lalalalalalalalalala' like the Royal Guards would say during the movie. We just need to figure out what GOB means.

Golobulus Overthrows Bulletman?

Golobulus' Overwatch Battalion? (I like this one)

Heres some pics from the master collector site.

As you can see I was first in line in the m-r section. Scotty was first in the a-d section. Brians toys was first in the dealer section. I was 2nd or third to get my stuff this year. I got there at 3: 30 and got my stuff about 6:10-6:20. Brian stood driectly in front ofme when he unveiled all the exclusives from high atop the chair.

I'm in teh Simpsons shirt

heath_in_line.jpg

heath_again.jpg

I was in line a little longer then forever..lol. But I did meet Zod while in line and he introduced me to everybody else, so that was cool. I think we stood in the same spot for at least 2 hrs for the store, what a pain.

Did you have the baby with you while in line Cmder, because if so that had to have been hell.

I still like the crystal ball idea, but that high pitched lalalalalalalalalala was beyond funny when marvel yelled it out. That with the eye just killed me.

Well, I thought the idea of the Crappy Figure Brigade (CFB) is so we can incorporate Crystal Ball, Raptor and Golobulus and showing favortism to none, unlike those that support that Bulletman. I think we agree that Crystal Ball, Raptor and Golobulus were pretty crappy so we ain't defending them! :D

As for the high pitched lalalalala.....it kind of reminds me of the TV news shots of women in the streets of Palestine following the 9/11 attacks. I would personally shy away from such a battlecry, but, if the group wants to go with it, hey, I am all for majority rule!

Let's start another thread to begin getting input and feedback.

Another bad acronym:

BIOAD

Bulletman Is Old And Dead.......that ought to ruffle some feathers with the old timers. :)

We going with 'Crappy Figure Brigade' or 'GOB'?

I like 'GOB' instead of teh D.O.B.

Ccav already came with with the hand geture and I came up with the high pitched 'lalalalalalalalalala' like the Royal Guards would say during the movie. We just need to figure out what GOB means.

Golobulus Overthrows Bulletman?

Golobulus' Overwatch Battalion? (I like this one)

first Rule of G.O.B .....

we dont talk about it @grumpy@

*throws up G.O.B sign*

Did you have the baby with you while in line Cmder, because if so that had to have been hell.

Yup card, that was me with the 8 month old. She was real good about all the people surrounding her. There were some kids there that needed to be beaten to a pulp as they ran all over the place. I guess one of the little !@#$s sliced his shin up running up and down the escalator and WDW security had to step in.

Well, I thought the idea of the Crappy Figure Brigade (CFB) is so we can incorporate Crystal Ball, Raptor and Golobulus and showing favortism to none, unlike those that support that Bulletman. I think we agree that Crystal Ball, Raptor and Golobulus were pretty crappy so we ain't defending them! :D

As for the high pitched lalalalala.....it kind of reminds me of the TV news shots of women in the streets of Palestine following the 9/11 attacks. I would personally shy away from such a battlecry, but, if the group wants to go with it, hey, I am all for majority rule!

Let's start another thread to begin getting input and feedback.

Another bad acronym:

BIOAD

Bulletman Is Old And Dead.......that ought to ruffle some feathers with the old timers. :)

Ok convention = kick ass

Meeting everyone = kick ass

Talking about Brians Toys= kick ass

Forming CFB= priceless

I had a great time at the convention meeting everyone and just feeling the love for the 3 3/4 collectors. Since I was the one who came up with the CFB let me try to clarify it. It basically started cause Depriest and some other guy challenged us to come up with a 3 3/4 club that could rival the DOB which is the Defenders of Bulletman Club. Well I cant remember who I told but I was like lets make a Crystal Ball Club....otherwise known as CFC. I said that because someone made a really sweet dio of a lot of Crystal Balls beating up rare figures. Then someone piggeybacked on that and said lets make it the CFC with Raptor. We talked about shirts and yadda yadda. Eventually I said ok lets make it CFB which stands for Crappy Figure Brigade. That way we could incorporate all the Battle Corps Neon figures, Crystal Ball, Golobulus and whomever we decide to add into it. I suggested we make tshirt of Crystall Ball sitting in a high back chair like morpheus smoking a cigar, having raptor leaning on the chair and golobulus lounged around the base like a pet. My new friend Don(who will be joining the boards very soon as cardattack I believe, so show him love), suggested for next years dio we take alot of crystal balls figures and swap some heads and stuff to make it look like Crystal Ball stole the clothes of all the other joes. I also though about this on the train back home. Why dont we have all the figures sitting around a table like the old legion of doom cartoon characters and having Crystall Ball standing behind the podium like luthor. There is a ton of stuff to do. I still think we should call it Crappy Figure Brigade so we can get all the relm of craptacular figures, but I also think we should keep the la la la la chant and the monocle eyepiece....cause lets be honet that was too funny when marvel did it and when everyone at the 2nd ADC table did it...lol. All in all a great time had by all. Cant wait till next year when the CFB storms all the DOB's at the convention.

Hey Zod man, ive joined as Card. Im glad you and your girl got home safe. So im guessing you didnt run naked through the train like you were planning...*S*.

Its got to be the CFB with that eye lalalalalalalalalala. The legion of doom idea is a riot, imagine 50 diferent dressed CFB's with Crystal Ball at a podium...lmao.

I'll also let everybody know about those cobra rings when I get a chance to make the wax. The hard part will be finding a place to cast them, I dont own a centerfuge or a proper kiln for silver casting. I should know more soon.

I think we should make a shirt for the CFB as well, that could get very funny.

- 3-3/4" collectors unite! According to Brian Savage, we outnumbered the 12" collectors 2 to 1.

He is an old 12" fan himself. He would understate the ratio.

I would say that 3 3/4 fans outnumber 12" fans by 4:1

Heres some pics from the master collector site.

As you can see I was first in line in the m-r section. Scotty was first in the a-d section. Brians toys was first in the dealer section. I was 2nd or third to get my stuff this year. I got there at 3: 30 and got my stuff about 6:10-6:20. Brian stood driectly in front ofme when he unveiled all the exclusives from high atop the chair.

I'm in teh Simpsons shirt

heath_in_line.jpg

heath_again.jpg

D'oh! I'm in both pictures! ;) I was at the Contemporary at 3, walking around the place with my fiance. Anyone know who the sleeping guy that people were taking pictures of?:)

I have a question, I've never been to a convention but i might be able to catch the next one. Anyway the registration, what is it for? was it just for the exclusives or so you could go in? I mean if you did not get the convention set do you have to wait in line? I mainly ask because if i go my parents would most likely come with me @good night@ and my dad has little patience and he might get anoyed waiting in line.

I didnt realize how hot a topic 'brians toys' would be down there. i met a few people i recognized from the boards and we ended up discussing the rediculous overpricing of BT. Ironically, on friday morning i went back to get a second set of exclusives for my cousin that was unable to attend and guess who was in front of me on line? yup, brians toys. they had 4 people there and each person was buying 10 sets. i was so pissed off i had visions of....how shall i put this?.....commiting violent acts. Luckily though they pulled out everyone that was paying with cash so i actually got my cousin a set before BT could strike.

ps...congrats chazz!!

-  3-3/4" collectors unite!  According to Brian Savage, we outnumbered the 12" collectors 2 to 1.

I'm with you on this. There was way more 3 3/4 fans there than 12".

-  3-3/4" collectors unite!  According to Brian Savage, we outnumbered the 12" collectors 2 to 1.

I'm with you on this. There was way more 3 3/4 fans there than 12".

yup OCH22, I am with you on that comment- way more 3/3/4 collectors this time, but I still give props to them since they are the ones that started and stayed with the line.

It will probably be 8:1 if it keeps going like this. Brian Savage said in the collectors club roundtable that the 3 3/4 line is driving the market. CFB.

It will probably be 8:1 if it keeps going like this. Brian Savage said in the collectors club roundtable that the 3 3/4 line is driving the market. CFB.

Yup, that is what HASBRO said also that 3/3/4 is driving the market and you could tell just by the display cases alone :)

My new friend Don(who will be joining the boards very soon as cardattack I believe, so show him love)

AWESOME! My good buddy Card is finally here on the boards!!!

@yipee@

He's a super Joe fan and all-around great guy (and he's extremely jealous of my Defiant so be kind to him!) @smilepunch@

@loll@ Your "war stories" are really really cool guys! Hopefully next year I'll be up there in Minnesota with you bad-mouthing Brian's Toys too (If he's still in business by then!)

I love the CFB idea. Maybe we could get MC to make it next year's convention set theme. We could have multiple repaints of Raptor, Crystal Ball, Golobulus, and maybe even the Star Brigade aliens thrown in! Oh and let's not forget new entries too, like "butt plug" Duke and "happy meal" Kamakura! (Yes I am joking about the convention set theme, but maybe we could come up with an "unofficial" con set featuring CFB.) @loll@