More Information About What We Didn't See On Raw!

Outsiders

*The unannounced jobbers were developmental talent from OVW, as the locals were advised on Saturday that their services would not be needed. Rising Sun was actual Wavell Star, wow the Fink is hard to understand some times. Wavell is a worker from Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.

Off Air Notes:

*After Raw went off the air, Benoit and Edge cut promos about their upcoming matches on Sunday. Lots of cheap pops about being Canadian and mentioning Canadian beer. The night ended with an ovation for Benoit draped in the Canadian flag, followed by Edge leading the crowd in a "Go Jets Go" chant. (The Jets are now the Phoenix Coyotes of the NHL, and beloved to the city of Winnipeg). You can tell that Edge was happy to get that reaction, I'm sure it's a thousand times better then his days touring northern Manitoba.

*Nothing special, the crowd was really hot. I don't know if it came off well on TV, but the crowd was turning on Eugene. I see a lot of parallels between Eugene and the Rock as to overexposure. But I might be wrong. Oh and by the way Ric Flair is the man. He does all the little things to play it up to the crowd. His face-plant shtick got one of the biggest pops of the night. He is the best wrestler of all time because he is the best entertainer of all time.

Biggest Pops:

Chris Jericho (obviously)

HHH

Flair

William Regal

Jerry Lawler

(Surprisingly Benoit was not that over in Jericho country, which is a shame)

Most Heat:

HHH after ripping on Benoit

Coach

Eugene

Well it was one of the most entertaining RAWs in a long time. Whether it was Dinsmore pulling off the Eugene character, or the writers finally getting their act together, or even a little bit of both, it was enjoyable to watch.

I agree that Ric Flair is the greatest of all time, even to this day he does the little things to get the crowd popping. Hulk Hogan doesn't even command that much respect in his old age as Flair does, so the great debate of the 80s is pretty much concluded about who is the better entertainer (sorry Hogan fans :P)

I'm defintely buying his book today and hopefully get my ass down to Square One mall on July 21st in Toronto where he's going to be signing autographs for the book.

They really have to cut back on the success of Eugene, the crowd was really dictating what role he'd play, but to his credit Dinsmore pulled it off without having the crowd turn his character.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE