Joe Con Day 3 Updates

JayC

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I am very pleased with all the news that has come out of this year's convention. It really has just blown all my expectations out of the water and then some.

I'm also glad that the Crimson HISS and ASP set are going to be KB exclusives and not K-Mart. KB has a great online shop which means I can order these suckers in bulk. Last year I scored about 7 C.A.T. II's when they dropped in price right before Christmas to 16.99 each. I'm not sure if the same thing will happen with this set since it probably be bukoo more popular then the C.A.T. II but who knows.

The new army builders I'm also crazy about especially that Python Viper. I was worried that if Hasbro redid that figure's paint apps it wouldn't stack up the great red/purple paint scheme the original has, but I'm was happily proven wrong. And I can also order as many as I want from KebcoToys.com in advance as well. HOO-YAH!

As far as the new female figures go I'm hoping for Daina sporting her current duds in the Devil's Due series.

The Cobra Ninja set looks sweet and I'll be even more happy if those are mostly troop builders instead of all unique characters but I'll be happy either way.

I hope we get to see more reissued vehicles in the coming year, especially that Moray Hydrofoil. Cobra needs its premier naval war boat back.

Wow this all sounds really good. I really hope i can make it to the con next year--would be my first.

But Hasbro is doing an extremely fine job of taking care of us fans, methinks. it is amazing when you think about it, especially after all the trademark stuff. They are actually trying to please us, and that is all I can ask for.

Now i gotta go check out some pics!

It's not like I hid my growing disenfranchisement with GI Joe...looking back, I think when MOTU kicked the bucket it soured me on everything but Transformer G1 reissues (especially since that coincided with my Media Play branch going under - if you have Media Play's near you, I wouldn't expect them to be around in 2 years...they're streamlining back to Sam Goodys and Suncoasts).

Anyways, all this quality RAH stuff and new style figures that are actually done properly has me excited for the future. I'm not going to overstate what we haven't seen yet, because if you remember, last year we all went crazy for the Night Force squad (and Tracker) but look at what we received instead.

As for now, I'm cautiously optimistic...which is the most I can be when Hasbro decides to send an exclusive to a bankrupt company.

The Crimson Asp and Hiss Set is a KB exclusive not TRU like orginally reported. The 3 crimson guard solderies will have removeable helmets with cobra soldier heads underneath.

The second part of the October Guard will be released in the second wave of comic 3 packs though they were not shown at the con. Also after the second wave of 3-packs the release of comics will not be in any particular issue order. It was confirmed a 3-pack for issue 21 was in the works.

We are told that most of the Dreadnoks are in the works for the new line as well. Buzzer, Monkey Wrench, Road Pig and 2 others but no word what wave they are slayed for.

2 more female characters are currently in the works and neither are Cover Girl but the names of the two would not be given at this time.

The Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow with Bikes are a Target exclusives along with the Darth with gun and Barrel Roll with Glider.

Thanks to Arashikage Storm for the update

JayC- Are you sure that the SE w/ cycle is a TARGET exclusive also? I believe that only the SS w/ cycle was a TARGET exclusive and the SE was going to be available in Sept. I will have to check the pictures I took.

The Crimson Asp and Hiss Set is a KB exclusive not TRU like orginally reported.  The 3 crimson guard solderies will have removeable helmets with cobra soldier heads underneath.

The second part of the October Guard will be released in the second wave of comic 3 packs though they were not shown at the con. Also after the second wave of 3-packs the release of comics will not be in any particular issue order. It was confirmed a 3-pack for issue 21 was in the works.

We are told that most of the Dreadnoks are in the works for the new line as well. Buzzer, Monkey Wrench, Road Pig and 2 others but no word what wave they are slayed for.

2 more female characters are currently in the works and neither are Cover Girl but the names of the two would not be given at this time.

The Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow with Bikes are a Target exclusives along with the Darth with gun and Barrel Roll with Glider.

Thanks to  Arashikage Storm for the update

JayC- Are you sure that the SE w/ cycle is a TARGET exclusive also? I believe that only the SS w/ cycle was a TARGET exclusive and the SE was going to be available in Sept. I will have to check the pictures I took.

yeah that's what i saw too. se was coming with wave 4 in sept and ss with the dart, and barrel roll in novemeber at target.

A Moray would look great with the Hiss 2 paint scheme. That is a great scheme in general...if they are doing more vehicle re-releases, I'd love to see them in just maybe 2 or 3 uniform jobs. Black and red has always looked nice on old fangs, stingers and hisses. It would look great on a Hiss 2! the Original Hiss 2 paint scheme is always good, as well. And of course Crimson!!!

someone said that hasbro is doing a standard buck, um thats not true. At the hasbro round table, they said they were gonna go away from that. From now on the characters that are suppose to be big will be, and the ones that are suppose to be small will be. Plain and simple. #US1#

Were there any pics of the CG's from the vehicle / 3pack with their helmets off? I wonder if you can see their entire face or if they have some sort of secondary face mask? I would hate to have them look wimpy / all have the same face.

Were there any pics of the CG's from the vehicle / 3pack with their helmets off? I wonder if you can see their entire face or if they have some sort of secondary face mask? I would hate to have them look wimpy / all have the same face.

I dont think they ever took the helmets off. I personally think that under those masks are the 3 joes from last years spy troops set. Thats the impression I recieved from the Round Table discussion.

I guess that's where the "sabotage" comes in. That kinda sucks. I'd rather have real Crimson Guards, and lose the removable helmets altogether. I was wondering why they still had the little orange Cobra insignia instead of the larger silver one. Sigh. @hmmm@

I guess that's where the "sabotage" comes in. That kinda sucks. I'd rather have real Crimson Guards, and lose the removable helmets altogether. I was wondering why they still had the little orange Cobra insignia instead of the larger silver one. Sigh. @hmmm@

I was under the impression that we will get actual CGs; the ones used in the proto mockup were just the old figures from last year used for positioning. That's why they have the orange logo.

But I could be wrong...