Joe Con Day 2 Hasbro

JayC

That repaint of the BAT 4.0 is by far the best looking paint job for a BAT--and has a backpack to keep all of its weapons. I see a potential army builder here.

The Cobra Viper isn't too bad--Python Patrol I guest..

Storm Shadow looks great with an O-ring from V vs V. I wish that the J vs C Storm Shadow had the same the J vs C red and white version instead of giving him that Ninja Viper colors. All well, I can repaint him.

Crosshair and Alpine looks cool. Tunnel Rat looks great too. That must be the best looking Razor Claw that I have ever seen--an he's sporting cooler looking claws.

Frostbite and the Snow Serpert looks interesting. I like the snowboard.

Best of all. Torch rocks! He looks like and feels like Torch. Bazooka is sporting some mean look weapons--I don't care too much for the colors.

I love the color scheme for the Eel and Shipwreck. Who is the individual with the Slice figure?

I like the color scheme for Cobra Commander.

More Three packs!!!! I love them. A new Scarlett and Rock and Roll, Grunt, General Flagg Sr, Zap, Steeler!! I guest they're really going all out with the RAH design.

I am almost in tears.

I am definitely buying some of these figures.

db

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh crap, someone combined posts and a board just lost an entire review i wrote... not trying again

but i'm not super happy honestly.

i got to say, while i was originally thinking about just collecting the classics and dropping this new line, i think i have just found enough to change my mind. i see venom maximus becoming the new serpentor type in the storyline. the whole mindbender's evil creation thing going for him is great. i actually like the figure. also, good to see the eel in more traditional colors. could hasbro actually be listening to it's fans.

Kamasutra lost that ugly yellow head, so I'll be getting him now.

Who's that guy with the corn rolls and trying to look like the gay brother of Barrett from FF: Advent Children?

Wild Weasel looks cool as hell. I hope they re-pack him with a jet or something.

That "October Guard" Stalker looks much better than the 1st 3-pack one and looks like an improved version of the TRU anniversary one from a few years ago.

That Crimson HISS is also on my want list. They better not cancel it a month before it's release, or rocks will fly through their Windows.

Overall it looks like Hasbro is finally getting it's act together with both new and vintage Joes, and I like it.

Kamasutra lost that ugly yellow head, so I'll be getting him now.

That "October Guard" Stalker looks much better than the 1st 3-pack one and looks like an improved version of the TRU anniversary one from a few years ago.

That Crimson HISS is also on my want list. They better not cancel it a month before it's release, or rocks will fly through their Windows.

Overall it looks like Hasbro is finally getting it's act together with both new and vintage Joes, and I like it.

Well said Storms...

Hector2003195 Posted on Jul 2 2004, 07:25 PM

i've died and went to heaven 

Hey Hector,

Just make sure no one pinches you or else you may wake up from that wonderful dream of possibilty--especially when it concerns Hasbro.

Thank for the info Firefly2121.

db

Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Where do I begin??

Let's see; how many cool things did I see that I've been wanting to see? Hmm...

We have: A cool repainted VvsV Alpine, Scarlett, and Tunnel-Rat, an awesome o-ringed Duke, Slice, and Storm Shadow, and tons of cool repaints and RAH-esque comic three-pack figures. Holy crap how am I gonna afford all of this???

I also wanted to see that VvsV Snake-Eyes in a black version. What did Hasbro do? They made a black version! Sweet! And the mention of the Snake-Eyes and Storm Sadow coming with bikes (Ninjas, perhaps? (lol) Bad joke, I know...) made me cringe and groan, but after seeing the pics, I think they look very cool. Fast street bikes seem to suit these two characters. And that repaint of Jinx? Whoa!! That's gotta be the sweetest version of that figure. Wow.

And I thought I'd never say this, but Venomous Maximus actually looks...awesome. I thought I'd never say that, but he does. I'll have to eat my words on him, because I've complained about him since day one.

Wow. A new Torch, cool new Python Patrol-esque Vipers and Tele-Vipers, there's just so much!! And I so wanted to see that new Slice and the VvsV Duke get o-rings, and they did by golly. That Duke will end up being my absolute favorite of all time. AA was the only thing keeping me from liking that figure, as it was with Slice. And they fixed Razorclaw's blades to look like the awesome package art, and Kamakura's got a great new head and arms. Does he have an o-ring, though? So awesome...

Geeze...I gotta go look at those pics some more. I was so excited that I probably forgot some stuff. Wow. Just wow. #US1#

Now I'm really looking forard to the rest of the year. If only they keep the figures those paint jobs I think almost every fan will be happy. Hopefully this is the start of seeing some great stuff the rest of the weekend for the con.

I just realized that I'll have Bats up the ass if I army build those new repaints of each version. I already of a small size army already.

Man, I going to be so broke...

I love the repaint of the Cobra Viper.

db

Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!! Holy crap holy crap holy crap!!!

THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOO COOL!!!!!!!

THANK YOU LORD!!!!!!!!!

This is looking like some really cool stuff.

The repaints of the new mold figures are looking so good that it looks as if I am going to be buying most of them all over again to get the better colors.

The Python Patrol repaints are OK but I'm still not thrilled about that Viper but I like the Tele-Viper.

And is that JvC Wave 1 Storm Shadow a Ninja-Viper now or something?

Green Night Creepers . . how about a purple one?

Tunnel Rat's pack keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Looks like a removable helmet on that Slash figure (I think his name is "Slash" I'm still sort of shaky on these new guy's names).

Who is the Cobra in the gray with red gi?

Who is that in that one vehicle? Looks like he may be wearing a classic Recondo styled hat. One can only hope it's who I think it is.

Is that a new Hawk figure? And with blonde hair even?

Who is the black dude with the cornrows?

I LOVE the new Torch and Zap figures. Nice to see the mustach make a come back. Nice flame effect for Torch's torch. I also hope Zap's helmet is removable.

That labaratory playset thingy is pretty cool.

I LOVE thrse comic 3-packs! Now if only I can find the ones that are out now. Nice Grunt, Scarlet, hologram Cobra Commander, Short Fuze, Rock 'n Roll, is that Ace?, Steeler, Zap and I do believe the one in the hat is the original General Flagg. And you gotta love another Cobra blue shirt (Officer this time around).

This Cobra Ninja repaint pack is interesting. Who are these guys? Two of them appear to be the original Storm Shadow mold done in black and in red. I smell Ninja-Ku and Satan.

The Crimson Guard pack is cool. Looks like they gave them better arms. And I wonder what geads they gave under those helmets.