Damn Their Quick

firefly2121

Hours after the doors open the EBAY sales freaks already have the Conventions set up for sale.... @grumpy@

Can you blame them? Are they scalpers? I dont know what to think about it....what do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5907248733&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5907206105&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5907075568&rd=1

Who's the dummy who put his up for a 10 day auction? Does this person know anything about auction theory lol :) By the time 10 days is over, there will be hundreds on the site.

Anyways, people who wanted the set could have signed up as a non attendee and get the set (like I did) so I don't have to pay eBay prices.

I would say more power too them! The cost of the convention is huge (airfare + hotel + etc.). They are the smart ones and the people that keep the economy going. Maybe they did not like the set and are selling it. The thing is, we don't know and can only guess. My beef with this board sometimes is that we do not know enough background information and we go off acusing poeple of god knows what. I would call them opportunists.

Did I get mad with them? I frankly put up there and said that they are quick....I didn't even voice my opinon on them nor I am I saying that you said Im upset...I always said that I dont care how people spend their money...I just thought it would be good conversation.. ;)

I've said it before. It is stupid to get mad at a scalper because he is just trying to make some money for himself. You need to be mad at the idiots who pay their crazy prices. If nobody bought from scalpers then they would not make any money and therefore would not scalp. You can't blame some one for trying to put his kids through college!

Did I get mad with them? I frankly put up there and said that they are quick....I didn't even voice my opinon on them nor I am I saying that you said Im upset...I always said that I dont care how people spend their money...I just thought it would be good conversation.. ;)

I never acused you buddy...I was just saying...it is a great conversation...wrought with emotion and opinions...did not mean to make it look like I was acusing...just added my thoughts to the conversation.

I hope someone posts pics of the 2 or 3 packs and the vehicles soon.

I bought the set as a non-attendee way back when it was announced. I might wind up selling it once I receive it since it isn't quite as cool as I thought it was going to be. If the price stays where its at now (highly doubtful), I definitely will.

That first auction talks about the set in his description paragraph like he doesn't have it yet. The starting price does seem really high for a box of repaints. Time will tell.

That happens at every con, with people scalping their stuff before the con is even over. It's greed, plain and simple.

It is stupid to get mad at a scalper because he is just trying to make some money for himself.

It is easy to blame the scalper when you consider how they buy up stuff to resell at a higher price, denying someone the ability to buy at a lower price. The prce is already gouged to hell and back by Hasbro and Master collector as it is. For those who want it, I hope it's not a sellout so at least a few collectors who might actually want the figures can get them. Every year it seems like most set are boguht up by people who oly want the money.

In this case it still doesn't bother me because I hate this set of figures.