Wave 3 Is Mine!

Draven79

Well I got my free set from BBTS today and am very pleased! The figures are getting better with each VvV wave imo. The only figure I don't like is the Snow Wolf. He's really out of porportion now. And plus I already have the same figure from the snowmoble. Jinx continues the trend of females getting better and better. I even like Slice and Coil with their aa. I can live with them till we get the non aa versions. I love the Eel afterall. But I knew I would after Ccav told me the funky hands weren't part of the mold. And unlike some i'm really digging Tunnel Rat. The only thing I would change, would be camo to the face. The colors are muted from the original proto and that is a good thing. Then we have Stalker and Firefly, best versions since v1's. Love everything about both. Only thing that I would like more is a camo Firefly. The Wild Bill is the best damn Wild Bill ever! Makes me like him now. lol And The Bat is a wicked nod to the Inferno one. Lastly, we have the one pack I was dreading, Dusty and Zartan. Well pictures don't do Dusty justice! Best version since v1 imo. I really like him a lot, and his helmet is a sweet nod to the vintage days. I think you'll like the head TM! Then we get to Zartan......my first thought was ugh, but its somehow working. Don't get me wrong i'd rather have a cowl Zartan but the face does screem Zartan imo. The outfit is weird but its still a cool fig even if its not quite Zartan.

I now have 9 packs of figures to open with these and my 3 left from wave 2 I just got. Man its weird to have a wave so early again. lol

FInal thought is, if wave 4 continues the trend of getting better I will be one happy Joe fan.

And thanks again to Jayc and Joel from the BBTS for my figs!!!

Draven #US1#

Man. How in the world are you lucky enough to get a set for free? I can not even find wave 2 yet at retail and you get wave 3 for free. @smilepunch@ Boy are you lucky.

He won the monthly contest found here

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showforum=17

How are the paint apps and construction? I've been tempted to buy a set online, but those two (especially the paint) is keeping me from doing so.

Funny thing about Slice is that we have seen 5 versions of him and have YET to get a non-AA version! Personally, I think I'd rather see a non-AA version of the original (with a screw hole in the back to carry a backpack or sword sheath). Course, I haven't seen the new version up close yet...

How are the paint apps and construction? I've been tempted to buy a set online, but those two (especially the paint) is keeping me from doing so.

Funny thing about Slice is that we have seen 5 versions of him and have YET to get a non-AA version! Personally, I think I'd rather see a non-AA version of the original (with a screw hole in the back to carry a backpack or sword sheath). Course, I haven't seen the new version up close yet...

I haven't opened any of them yet. Plan to crack one pack open tomorrow at least. As far as paint apps, pretty good. None of mine have any of the problems wave 2 had. I wouldn't worry about ordering them online. From most I know that have them they say they are no major paint app problems.

Got to friendly disagree with ya on Slice. I love the new mold of Slice. Never cared for the RAH one to much. I look forward to a o ring version of this one.

And thanks Tazzman!

Draven #US1#

Man. How in the world are you lucky enough to get a set for free? I can not even find wave 2 yet at retail and you get wave 3 for free.  @smilepunch@ Boy are you lucky.

He won the monthly contest found here

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showforum=17

Sure did and found out thanks to you man! Scraps is a top dog guys! :D

Draven #US1#

How are the paint apps and construction?  I've been tempted to buy a set online, but those two (especially the paint) is keeping me from doing so.

Funny thing about Slice is that we have seen 5 versions of him and have YET to get a non-AA version!  Personally, I think I'd rather see a non-AA version of the original (with a screw hole in the back to carry a backpack or sword sheath).  Course, I haven't seen the new version up close yet...

I haven't opened any of them yet. Plan to crack one pack open tomorrow at least. As far as paint apps, pretty good. None of mine have any of the problems wave 2 had. I wouldn't worry about ordering them online. From most I know that have them they say they are no major paint app problems.

Got to friendly disagree with ya on Slice. I love the new mold of Slice. Never cared for the RAH one to much. I look forward to a o ring version of this one.

And thanks Tazzman!

Draven #US1#

Well, part of it is the fact that I try to use ALL the Joe figs I can. So I might use this new version as Dice or Slash since, to me, it doesn't quite work as Slice. I guess because they HAVE used the same (original) mold 4 times without change while everbody else gets a brand new mold practically EVERY TIME a new wave comes out (or at least every time that particular character comes out).

But then I guess I should reserve judgement until I see these guys in person.

Is the plastic still soft like wave 1 and 2? And what about the comic 3-packs (while I'm thinking about it; you said you had a set, didn't you?)?

Just opened my first wave 3 set and man they are super rubbery on the arms. So the few who said they were, were right. Don't know why people say they aren't. However its not bad enough to were they won't stand or hold weapons. SO it doesn't bother me.

The packed I opened was Jinx vs Slice and man she is tiny! Seems smaller than Scarlett even. But she's still a sweet fig.

Slice, blah aa ruins him for now.

Draven

I just found these this week. I'd agree that they're getting a lot better. My favorite is Jinx. She's an awesome figure even if she's TINY (she may be smaller than VVV Baroness but it's hard to tell). My other surprise favorite is Coil Crusher. Hope they make one with normal arms.

One thing I don't like though, the arms and legs still seem like the softer plastic although some figures are better than others.

Just opened my first wave 3 set and man they are super rubbery on the arms. So the few who said they were, were right. Don't know why people say they aren't. However its not bad enough to were they won't stand or hold weapons. SO it doesn't bother me.

The packed I opened was Jinx vs Slice and man she is tiny! Seems smaller than Scarlett even. But she's still a sweet fig.

Slice, blah aa ruins him for now.

Draven

Yeah Draven Jinx is one tiny figure, but still an awesome one and one of the favorites as well. he hands are soft but most of the figs can at least hold their weapons.......